Local Tournament battle report - Tau still got it folks

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Local Tournament battle report - Tau still got it folks

Post#1 » Dec 13 2017 08:15

So this topic will be a report on all the games I played in a local 38 player tournament. I was mainly there just to have some fun with my favourite army. But I played pretty well and as I racked up a few wins I began to take the games more and more seriously, and as a result I ended up placing much much higher than I expected! Due to the meta being pretty darn hyper competitive/cheesy(brimstone spam, Guilleman etc.) I was surprised at how well we can hold our own in such a hostile environment!

Here's the list I took:
List:
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Fusion Blasters, Shield Generator; (147)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Fusion Blasters, Shield Generator; (147)
HQ - Commander w/ 3x Missile Pods, ATS (156)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missle Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
HQ - Coldstar Commander w/ High-Output Burst Cannon, Missle Pod, Shield Generator, ATS (150)
HQ - Fireblade w/ Markerlight (42)
Troops - 5 x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (43)
Troops - 5 x Fire Warriors (40)
Troops - 5 x Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight (43)
Troops - 5x Breachers (40)
Troops - 5x Breachers (40)
Elites - 3x XV8s w/ 9x Plasma Rifles; 6x Gun Drones (273)
Elites - 3x Stealthsuits w/ Fusion Blaster, 2x Burst Cannons, Homing Beacon (121)
Fast Attack - 5x Pathfinders w/ 5x Markerlights (40)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)
Fast Attack - 5x Gun Drones (40)
Fast Attack - Y'vahra w/ Phased Plasma Flamer, Ionic Discharge Cannon, Stimulant Injectors, ATS (408)

Game 1:
My first game was against a beautifully painted Craftworld Iyaden army. He featured a Wraithknight, a Nasty shooty Flyer(2 starcannon, 2 missiles?), 2 x 3 shuriken jetbikes,3 squads of 12 Guardians with weapons platforms, a warlock, spiritseer and a farseer, 5 Howling Banshees in a Wave serpent, 5 Striking Scorpions, a Vyper, 5 D-cannon Wraithguard and a Fire Prism. The first game was 'The Relic' with the main terrain being a big building in the middle where the relic was. I deployed my stealthteam on top of it from the get go. Made a bunker of Fire warriors, Pathfinders and drones with the Coldstars and Y'Vahra sitting close by. I had a unit of Pathfinders over on my left flank in cover to provide a ditraction to hopefully peel some of his firepower. He deployed pretty much in a big line with jetbikes, Vyper, the flyer, and the prism to the left, Psykers, Wraithknight, and the wave serpent/Banshees in the middle and a big line of Guardians going from the middle to the right. He used a stratagem to Deep Strike the Wraithguard. I managed to get first turn.

Turn 1:
In my Turn 1 I immediately ran the Stealth team backwards out of sight and towards the back right of my lines. I declared mont'ka with my coldstars and advanced them up to the top right to engage some Guardians with shooting and charging to lock that down. One of them was my warlord. I did that because I knew I had to split his force up by using my Warlord as bait to let my Alpha units dismantle him one chunk at a time. The Y'Vahra advanced ontop of the Building where the Stealthteam was while the 10 Drones advanced forwards to screen the bunker. I pushed forward the gunline a bit to ensure maximum overwatch. The Y'vahra totally slagged the Wave Serpent and the Coldstars killed a good number of Guardians, but other than that I didn't kill much in shooting. I charged the Guardians with the coldstars and punched a couple more to bits. By the end of the turn I had a good hold of the relic and locked down 2 big guardian blobs while creating a really nice noose for him to hang himself in(the Y'Vahra just begging his units to charge towards my gunline).

In his first turn he sped the flyer straight for my Coldstars and also dropping the Wraithguard on them. He used the jetbikes to get to my pathfinders on the left flank and moved the Prism forward a bit and tried to swarm the Coldstars with Guardians. The Scorpions popped out in front of my gunline and the Wraithknight moved up towards my gunline aswell. Because my Y'Vahra was in a building, apparently it cant be assaulted by the Waithknight. Just as I expected, he dropped a significant amount of his force up the top right to try and get my coldstars. With some real alpha units of his well out of the main fight, that move worked perfectly. He also commited a lot of his power units into the middle for charges exactly where my Y'Vahra could provide overwatch cover. He charged with the Wraithknight first, expecting to be able to easily withstand the overwatch and set about wrecking as many infantry as he could(them being the only ones able to take the relic). I did 16 wounds to it in overwatch. 5 of which was done with 10 fire warriors! It made combat, as did the scorpions, but only killed 2 5 man squads of Fire Warriors. He killed the Coldstars, half my Pathfinders and few drones.

Turn 2:
I fell back with everything in combat, kept the Y'Vahra where it was because it was in range and still protected by the building. Stealthteam holding the relic ran even further away and out of sight. Moved the breachers up for a counterpunch to his Aspect warriors. Dropped all my held back alpha units(Fusion/Missile commanders + Crisis). Missile commander went up the top of a spire in the middle of the building in the centre of the board, Crisis suits dropped to the right of the board to hit the Wraithguard and strung out the 6 drones with them to get to the Y'Vahra for Saviour Protocols. The Fusion commanders dropped middle right just behind the crisis team in range of his flyer. In shooting the Y'Vahra was deadly, killing the Wraithknight utterly. I killed off all but one of his Banshees, all but one Striking Scorpion and slagged the flyer. The Crisis team scratched the Wraithguard with the crisis, killing one.

His Turn 2 involved pushing everything, even the fire prism, towards my lines to try get line of sight on the relic. Thankfully only the 2 jetbike units could manage that, and he ended up deciding he needed to kill my breachers with one of those squads, so the stealth team survived with no damage. Bit of a summary turn for him. Tried to hurt me with mind bullets, shot lots of things at my Y'Vahra but ultimately only killed a few drones of via Saviour protocols. He cleaned up more of my gunline too, while his wraithguard killed off 2 crisis suits.

Turn 3:
In turn 3 I managed to fully get my stealth team into cover and out of line of sight which kinda sealed the game. Nothing he had left had the movement to get to them. We kept playing to see how it would go. The Y'Vahra melted the fire prism, the broken gunline cleaned up his jetbikes and remaining 2 aspect warriors. My commanders wiped out his wraithguard. Only thing he had left was his psykers, and about 20 Guardians. He decided to not play out his last turn as he couldn't physically get any more points or kill anything else and we were already over time.

Final Result: Victory 4 points to 2.

So I got off to a pretty good start. The Y'Vahra paying for its points and then some. The psychological effect this thing has once you've let rip is brilliant. Most opponents panic and fire everything at it. If there are some drones there and you make sure to offer some really juicy targets then he might split off some heavy guns and your Saviour Protocols should handle the rest. Ultimately, getting this thing into range of a couple power units each turn will win most games. It just deletes entire units every turn. The commanders were excellent as expected and we kinda know how they go. My favourite variant is the coldstar. That 40" advance is insane and always catches people off guard and can make them make mistakes. MVP's of this game are probably the stealthsuits. Being able to snag that Relic turn one and fly away was game winning. Even if I got turn 2 He'd have had to divert a lot of shooting to them. Anyway, that's game 1. Game 2 will be posted soon.
Playing with a short reach since 2007 :crafty:

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Re: Local Tournament battle report - Tau still got it folks

Post#2 » Dec 13 2017 08:41

Game 2:
Game 2 was a Maelstrom game where we kept our tactical objectives secret and have 3 at all times. Also, targets further than 18" take -1 to hit. We used Vanguard deployment.

After my first win I was feeling pretty confident, that was until I saw I was matched up with Astra Militarum... He brought Creed, 3 heavy weapon teams(1 lascannon, 1 bolter, 1 autocannon), a psyker, 90-100 infantry with additional autocannons , 3 officers, 3 sentinels, Pask w/Punisher, 2 Tank commanders, some sort of artillery strike commander, and last but not least, a Shadowsword! After going through each others army, we set up. There were a good smattering of ruins/buildings across the battlefield with a forest on his side. He had set up in a very anti deep strike way(obviously after seeing me deepstrike with 3 commanders and the crisis team). His sentinels formed a wide perimeter at his front, covering the far left/right and the centre. Infantry occupied ruins where they could screen and heavy weapons teams sat in ruins/forest across the board. The two tank commanders sat at the back slightly to the left, with Pask right up the middle. His Shadowsword was off to the right with the psyker directly behind it. Lastly, Creed was placed on the right behind a really big blob of infantry.

I deployed most of my gunline in a Building to the left on an objective. The breachers sat just to the side and out of sight with the coldstars getting ready to Mont'ka. The pathfinders were kinda dotted about in the best cover I could see or on an objective. The stealthteam was off to the right in a building quite close to his blob, Shadowsword and characters. The Y'Vahra and the drones all deployed behind a small building in the middle, out of sight of the shadowsword. Everything else was in reserve. We rolled off and I got first turn.

Turn 1:
Immediately I called Mont'ka and advanced the breachers out towards his left to take out a sentinel and make a start on clearing a building with an objective in it. I advanced one of the coldstars up with the breachers and landed right behind a couple guardsman squads on the left flank. The gunline shuffled forward a bit and the drones moved forward to get into position to fire, while the Y'Vahra stayed behind the building waiting for a more opportune moment. The Stealthteam moved up and dropped their beacon, letting me drop on e of my two fusion commanders within 9 of his Shadowsword and the other just a bit further away. I dropped my missile commander at the back rleftight on top of another high building(and more importantly, an objective). The other coldstar advanced straight over to the right, and landed about 3 feet behind Creed. This was indeed going to be a proper Mont'Ka...

I started off shooting by swiftly cutting the head off the snake, taking Creed down with the burst cannon on my Coldstar. My opponent was fuming after that, no way did he expect to have his warlord killed after he'd so carefully placed his units to avoid a deepstrike. Moving on, I fired the gunline at any heavy weapons teams/infantry I could see. I managed to kill the Heavy bolter team to ensure it couldn't rip my drone squads apart as they were in the open. I killed about 20 other guardsman with my other coldstar/gunline/drones, took the sentinel on the left to 1 wound with my breachers, and killed 2 of the autocannon heavy team with my missile commander. The stealthsuits peppered some more infantry on his right and my commanders let rip on his big tank and stripped 12 wounds from it(it starts with 28 I think). I finished off my turn by charging my coldstars into his infantry blob and psyker(the one on the right), my fusion commanders and stealth team into another infantry blob and breachers at his sentinel. He did no damage, and I punched a few more guardsman to death. Importantly I locked up a lot of his shooting. At the end of Turn 1 I had scored 2 objective cards by taking 2 objectives.

His turn 2 opened up with disengaging everything but his left flank sentinel from combat, moving his 2 tank commanders and Pask into position to fire, and moving his Shadowsword forward. Thankfully he still couldn't get a bead on my Y'Vahra, even with his 10" move. His Sentinels shifted forwards but other than that he didn't move much.

His shooting started off with heavy weapon teams and infantry killing a few pathfnders, stripping some wounds from my coldstars, and killing a few drones. His 2 tank commanders opened up on a Coldstar each and took my left one down to 3 and killed the right one with some help from his Artillery strike commander(does D3 mortal wounds). Eventually his Shadowsword spoke, but because my Y'Vahra was out of sight and all my other big targets were either characters or still in reserve, it was significantly underwhelming. The -1 to hit targets > 18" away hurt it a lot. It fired 30 Heavy bolter shots at a unit of Fire warriors in cover and killed 2 of them. The 4 lascannons on it killed a drone and the main gun he fired at the stealth suits and killed one. He also fired the retreating infantry on the right at my stealthsuits using an order and managed to kill the other two. He kept his sentinel on the left in combat with my breachers, and charged them with another infantry unit. Nothing killed in combat and he scored one objective.

Turn 2:
In my turn two I saw that the Shadowsword was in perfect position for my Y'Vahra to strike, so I moved it up and into range while I strung out the drones to cover it with Saviour Protocols. The remaining coldstar on his left flank moved into the centre of his backlines and the 2 fusion commanders shifted backwards into a ruin and kept that sweet 9" distance for their fusion blasters. I dropped the Crisis in the middle with their drones to protect the Y'Vahra more. The gunline moved forward and down from the building to keep rapid fire range on some infantry.

I opened up shooting with my Fusion commanders targeting his Shadowsword, and boy did I do much more than I expected. Hit 6/6, wounded 4/6, no armour saves made, and rolled a total of 20 damage to it. Rolled for exploding and that tank went up like a nuke. A 10" D6 mortal wound explosion later and one of my fusion commanders is dead, my Y'Vahra took 2 wounds(stim injector saving 2!), 10 of his infantry are dead, his psyker is dead, a guardsman commander is dead, a sentinel took 3 wounds and there's not much left except for a crater and disappointment coming off in waves from the Y'Vahra for not getting to do anything! Also my opponent because he lost his ace card. The rest of my shooting was cleaning up heavy weapons teams, killing more infantry, and stripping some wounds from the tank commanders/Pask. By this point I'd chewed through about half his infantry, all his heavy weapon teams, blown up his Shadowsword, scratched the paint on his tanks and killed a sentinel. I assaulted one of his tank commanders with my remaining coldstar and succeeded in punching a wound off it! At the end of the turn I'd made a start on 2 "Defend objective X" cards.

A summary of his turn would be moving some infantry around, disengaging with the tank commander in combat with my coldstar, moving the other tank commander towards the right to go for my remaining fusion commander. He mowed down a bunch of drones and killed the coldstar with Pask. Everything else tickled me by killing a model here and there. Ultimately, by this point Pask and the tank commanders were the only teeth he had left. Breachers and the Sentinel/Guardsmen on the left continued their wet noodle fight. He scored no objectives and I scored my 2 "Defend objective X" cards.

Turn 3:
I moved the Y'Vahra up the middle with the Crisis suits, moved the gunline closer to the middle for better shots, and moved my fusion commander forward. Everything else stayed put. I slagged Pask with the Y'Vahra and melted more guardsman with the crisis/gunline/drones. The Fusion commander cleaned up the hurt right hand sentinel and 2 of his characters and the missile commander scratched more paint off the hurt tank commander. He was left with about 25 guardsmen, 2 tank commanders and a sentinel locked in combat. My breachers continued their assault(they were surrounded so couldn't fall back). I scored Supremecy for D3(rolled a 1) points.

His turn 3 involved seeing if he could kill any key units for an objective he had. Think it was big game hunter because literally everything that was in range went for the Y'Vahra. He succeeded in making me tank 4 wounds with drones and the rest were saved.

At the bottom of turn 3, we called it due to time. The final result was 10/4 in my favour. Overall, I was happy with how I played the game and can't think of any major mistakes other than handing him warlord with the left coldstar. I left him a bit out of position and in the open, however he did shut down a LOT of shooting so I think I made an ok call. Managing to catch him off guard by killing Creed in my first turn really offset him. That combined with holding back almost all my hard targets left him with nothing he could direct his big guns at and as a result was forced to put them towards infantry. I got lucky with the terrain and gametype here I think. Being able to hide my Y'Vahra and force his Shadowsword to move forward into range was huge, and the -1 to hit at >18" stung him a lot. It would've hurt me a lot too but I designed the army to function at close-medium range so it wasn't nearly as much of a problem for me. After the game I thought I did well but got off lightly against what could've been a really nasty army. He said he'd never forget the speed of a coldstar again!

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 13 2017 11:19

Game 3:

This one was a standard eternal war, with 6 objectives. We played Hammer and Anvil(The Longways one with 24" deployment zone).

After two pretty comfortable wins, I started thinking I could go far in the tournament! However the standard of player was just gunna get harder and harder from there. My third game was against Eldar soup. 75% Harlequins, 20% Dark Eldar and 5%Craftworld. He brought 5 Harlequin transports(Star Weavers?) all filled with 5 harlequins w/ Fusion Pistol + combat goodness, along with 3 Troupe Masters. He also had 3 Venoms with Kabalite warriors and a Farseer. For deployment, he deployed all his transports fairly spread out with his Harlequin ones taking up middle and right hand space, and his Farseer being surrounded by the Venoms on the Left. I deployed my Fire Warriors off to the right in a building with my Fireblade. Pathfinders took up position in buildings in the back field, breachers and Coldstars posted up behind a building on the left and the Y'Vahra took up position in the centre surrounded by drones. The sealth team went in front of my Firewarrior gunline. My Fusion/Missile commanders + Crisis were in reserve as usual. He got 1st turn and I let him have it.

Turn 1
In his movement phase he shoved all the Harlequin transports to the right in a cluster, and moved the Venoms and Farseer forwards(Farseer could move 14" as a result of a Trait+Relic!). When he opened up he only had the Shurikan weapons and Poison weapons on the transports. He did manage to kill all but 1 breacher and 1 drone, but other than that nothing too eventful.

My movement consisted of calling mont'ka with the Coldstars and shooting up right next to his Farseer in a mirror of what I did to Creed last game. Again, a very competitive player who didn't realise that tau could pull that kind of trick off. I had just enough room to get inside his circle of venoms. The Y'Vahra moved and advanced up under the influence of the Mont'ka as close to his transports on the right as he could go. The drones followed by advancing too. Most other things shuffled position for better sight or getting into range. I dropped the missile commander right up the back of his deployment zone, the Fusion commanders dropped next to his Venoms and the crisis team dropped in the middle with more drones. I opened up with the Y'Vahra(sadly not in range of the flamer) and still managed to rip open a transport despite the 4+inv and -1 to hit. The coldstars assassinated the Farseer as expected and helped dent the venoms. The Fusion commanders totally wiffed and only finished off the hurt venom. That would come back to bite me. The missile commander tried going for a Harlequin transport and dented one a bit. Everything else didn't do a whole lot due to range/line of sight and his -1 to hit. Tried to put the hurt on the troupe from the destroyed transport but he passed literally 13/15 4+inv saves and Command re-rolled it to 14/15. This would turn out to be a running theme... At the end, I assaulted his Kabalites from the destroyed venom and killed them all with my Coldstars(who says we cant punch stuff?! :D). Nothing too eventful from either side. He was playing everything very very carefully(he was measuring and re-measuring absolutely everything...including stuff I measured).

Turn 2
He kept everything in the transports(they can shoot out of them) and split up to try get my various commanders. The venoms kinda stayed still and just turned to bring their guns to bear on the Coldstars. He moved the footslogging(dancing?) troupe towards the middle at my crisis. His shooting ended up destroying lots of drones, killed 2 crisis suits, took a couple wounds from a Fusion commander and pumping lots of fusion into the Y'Vahra(source of much drone death). Ultimately he took 4 wounds off it because thankfully he couldn't reach with 2 Troupes. The venoms and Kabalites riddled my non-warlord Coldstar with poison. He didn't charge much,(mostly because of my looming Y'Vahra) other than 2 Troupe masters into the remaining crisis, which was reduced to scrap.

I took a fair hammering on that turn so I knew I needed to respond in kind. The Y'Vahra jumped up and over a building in the centre to get a firing lane on some more transports. The remaining few drones consolidated towards the middle. The Fire warriors all moved forwards, as did the stealth suits. It was shaping up to be a bloodbath in the middle of the board! The Fusion commanders tentatively moved back and closer to the middle, keeping in range of his transports. I decided that the venoms were not nearly as much of a threat now that all my drones were dead and I wanted to slag as many harlequins as I could, as that's where most of the points were. The Missile commander kinda stayed put in a backfield ruin. The Y'Vahra melted one transport and hurt another one, the drones killed a couple Harlequins on the ground (again, he made around 10 4+ inv saves...) and the Fusion/Missile commanders together only managed to melt one more transport (his 4+saves were just disgusting...not much you can do about good luck though). There were now 3 troupes + troupe masters running around the middle of the table and another 3 Harlequin transports all mostly in the middle/back field. His Venoms were still kicking around on the left. The Coldstar warlord had zoomed over towards my lines(not keen on having him meet the same fate as his brother) and laid down some fire into the infantry killing a couple. The rest of my fire warriors opened up and I managed to kill only 1 Troupe in total. Again, his saving was just insane. At the end of shooting, I had killed 2 transports and 1.5 troupes. Not amazing. Statistically I deserved so much more, but that's how the dice roll sometimes! I declared no charges.

Turn 3
His turn three he moved the venoms towards my lines(following my warlord) on the left, moved a Harlequin transport off to deal with one of my fusion commanders in his middle back line, and almost everything else went towards the middle. His shooting was pretty quick, he fired the venoms at pathfinders and riddled a couple of them. Thankfully the Kabalites weren't in range of anything. The Shuriken guns on the harlequin transports could only see/were in range of the Y'Vahra and a couple firewarriors. The remaining breacher was cut to ribbons, a few firewarriors were shredded, and the Y'Vahra took a wound. Then the fusion pistols opened up on the Y-tide again. He hit with 12, wounded with 8, I passed off 3 to drones and I saved 3(with a command re-roll). Suffered 6 damage, but the Stim injector really came into play there, saving 3 wounds. This all meant that it was still standing with 8 wounds(losing only 4 in total) after ~18 shots! The Fusion commander he moved to engage also fell, making no 4+saves against his fusion pistols. At the start of his charge phase, he ran a transport into my Y'Vahra, which promptly got burned into molten clown sludge. The contents of said transport then got out. This is where things got controversial. He disembarked into a closed building so my Y'Vahra couldn't see them. I was frustrated because it was just solid walls with no windows/doors(and no way to place the models inside), yet he said he could move into it because of infantry moving through walls. I ended up just letting him away with it because he was the type of opponent to argue every tiny detail. So far he was the epitome of 'that guy'. He charged with the rest of his Troupes/Troupe masters and slew the Y'Vahra and remaining. That stung. I was now majorly on the back foot, and feeling frustrated.

Beginning my move phase, I moved my coldstar onto an objective in my lines, thinking that to win I'd have to play the objective. Thankfully I'd killed off most of his real mobility so things weren't too bad. All my infantry moved forward to get to rapid fire range and the commanders in his back lines moved to an objective in the ruins my missile commander had been sitting on. The commanders opened up on the remaining Harlequin transport that killed my fusion commander and thankfully just killed it. Everything else in my army opened up on as much infantry as possible, succeeding in killing 7 of them. Again, his saving was just a statistical anomaly, saving well over 2/3rds. I ignored his venoms, which nearly cost me a lot.

Turn 4
At this point we had 5 mins on the clock but he insisted on playing another turn. Probably because I was on 2 objectives to his 1. However, instead of arguing and making a judge come over, I just decided to play on(I was getting angry and just wanted to beat him on his terms). He moved up to my backline commanders, consolidated around the centre objective and disembarked the Kabalites and moved up to the objective my warlord was standing on. He shot at my warlord but didn't do any significant damage. The missile commander however got killed off but my Fusion commander lived. He declared no charges and we went on to my final turn.

I rushed up all my infantry to get into line of sight of those Kabalites and opened up everything on them, killing them to a man. I took some more pot shots at infantry on his objective but didn't do anything remarkable. The game ended there with an objective each, but I still took the game with Slay the warlord, first blood and linebreaker. He only had one objective and First blood.

End result: 6/4 to me.

If you can't tell form my tone throughout some of that, that was one of the least fun/frustrating games I've played! I try to keep positive as a rule, but this guy got under my skin, always re-measuring everything I did and looking up rules constantly. Anyway, tactically it was a tough game. Lots and lots of hard to crack vehicles and loads of nasty offensive power. I think being able to shut down his psychic phase right off the bat by assassinating the farseer saved me. It was made even harder than normal by truly truly disgusting saves. We figured that he made over 75% of his 4+ saves over the course of the game. Nevertheless, T'au prevailed! That win put me on a 3 game winning streak, and the second top table. I was starting to think I could really do this!

Day 2, and Games 4+5 coming soon!

R'Kai

namegiver
Shas

Post#4 » Dec 13 2017 12:43

Excellent tourney report -- well written and VERY engaging. I'm really looking forward to reading about the next two games! Thanks for posting, and gratz on the performance.

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 14 2017 04:15

Very cool post!! I like how you write the turns. Next time make photos! ;)

I have one question: in case you haven't got the Y'vahra, what you will play? a Ghosteel maybe? Longstrike?

Best regards

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Dec 14 2017 04:36

namegiver wrote:Excellent tourney report -- well written and VERY engaging. I'm really looking forward to reading about the next two games! Thanks for posting, and gratz on the performance.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm glad it doesn't come off as the ramblings of a madman! Game 4 will hopefully be up later today :) I have to say, this tournament surprised me at how we as an army can still compete with the 'big boy' lists. It's a mathematical struggle but we certainly have the tools to outmanoeuvre opponents.

bl4ckc00k1e wrote:Very cool post!! I like how you write the turns. Next time make photos! ;)

I have one question: in case you haven't got the Y'vahra, what you will play? a Ghosteel maybe? Longstrike?

Best regards

Thanks a lot! I'm not experienced at all at battlereport writing(my first attempt) but I tried to lay it out in a easy to follow way. Glad that it's worked and you're enjoying it! I'll definitely try remember to take photos next time!

As for your question(wall O words incoming :D), if I couldn't take the Y'Vahra, I'd probably load up on more commanders if I'm trying to stay competitive. Probably take a few CIB+ATS commanders. If I had any spare points, maybe add more infantry to the force. But really the meat and potatoes of this army is in the alpha strike, so first I'd maximise that! Longstrike is an interesting option. On paper he's pretty good. The problem I've found with him is even though his accuracy is amazing, his damage is actually really poor when compared to a Fusion commander(which is cheaper and protected by deep strike). He's limited by his platform really, the hammerhead is simply not very good. I've also found he tends to have a reputation, and his T7 3+ chassis is going to get popped by virtually any army worth it's salt that wants to get rid of him. So yeah, he's like a mid tier pick for me. He's ok, and can be great for cleaning up your Fusion commanders leftovers, but ultimately isn't going to be doing much else. The ghostkeel is another unit I want to love and make use of, but from a purely competitive standpoint, I just cant justify taking him. Sure, he's tanky and everything, but remove those drones(easy to do) and all of a sudden he's really not too tough unless you give him a shield gen. But by that point you've sunk too many points into a unit that just can't pull his weight when it comes to damage output. His real use comes from being a good distraction and having board control. The Ghostkeel is an interesting choice for sure, and is also what I'd consider to be a middle tier choice.

Anyway, Wall O text over! Hopefully that gives a good explanation of my thinking behind building my list and certain options in our army.

R'Kai

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Dec 14 2017 05:47

Wow, that's an excellent battle report and very easy to read.

Congratulations on the good job, both as a writer and as a commander!

A couple of things I wanted to mention, though:

- You mention in every game you declared Mont'ka and then charged with something affected by it. What I don't see you specifically saying is that you charged with units that advanced thanks to Mont'ka, which was a thing I did for some time, as I treated those units as they hadn't moved. But you cannot charge with a unit that advanced, not even if you declared Mont'ka. (maybe is an obvious thing and I am being too negative.. if so, I realy appologize)

- You also mention how the Stim Injector in your Y'vahra (excellent choice, btw, I never use her without Stim and ATS), and that it saved you 3 wounds. How does it work though? I understand that the Stim injector, as well as the "Sense of Stone" from the etheral work in the same way, but maybe I am doing it wrong. I use the Stim Injector before damage but after saves (although it does not say "unsaved wound", as the Sense of Stone does...), and then I take the damage if I fail. How does it actually work? :?

Again, thanks for the report and I look forward to read day 2!

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Dec 14 2017 06:24

JancoBCN wrote:- You also mention how the Stim Injector in your Y'vahra (excellent choice, btw, I never use her without Stim and ATS), and that it saved you 3 wounds. How does it work though? I understand that the Stim injector, as well as the "Sense of Stone" from the etheral work in the same way, but maybe I am doing it wrong. I use the Stim Injector before damage but after saves (although it does not say "unsaved wound", as the Sense of Stone does...), and then I take the damage if I fail. How does it actually work? :?[/list]

You almost answer it yourself though. The rule for the stimulant injector says "Suffers a wound or mortal wound".
The damage roll determines how many wounds you suffer. So if for example the damage roll is a 5, you suffer 5 wounds, giving you 5 rolls on the FNP.

And lovely battlereports! :D
On the eldar players action of disembarking through the wall, even though quite the "that guy" action, it was legit. Models with the infantry keyword can just move through walls, I think in the rulebook it's descripted as having blasting charges etc. to get through them.
Also have to admit I've done the same once with my stealth suits and a baneblade on the other side of the wall.. :roll:

Looking forward to the other two battles :)

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Dec 14 2017 06:51

JancoBCN wrote:Wow, that's an excellent battle report and very easy to read.

- You mention in every game you declared Mont'ka and then charged with something affected by it. What I don't see you specifically saying is that you charged with units that advanced thanks to Mont'ka, which was a thing I did for some time, as I treated those units as they hadn't moved. But you cannot charge with a unit that advanced, not even if you declared Mont'ka. (maybe is an obvious thing and I am being too negative.. if so, I realy appologize)

- You also mention how the Stim Injector in your Y'vahra (excellent choice, btw, I never use her without Stim and ATS), and that it saved you 3 wounds. How does it work though? I understand that the Stim injector, as well as the "Sense of Stone" from the etheral work in the same way, but maybe I am doing it wrong. I use the Stim Injector before damage but after saves (although it does not say "unsaved wound", as the Sense of Stone does...), and then I take the damage if I fail. How does it actually work? :?

Many thanks for the feedback/encouragement! I had no idea I'd get such good comments on my first try!

As far as declaring Mont'Ka and advancing/charging, it says that you can advance and shoot as if you haven't moved this turn. I took that to mean that you count as having not moved for your advancing and your shooting, and can therefore charge! If I'm incorrect then whoops! But as it's read in the index, I think it's the correct interpretation? I don't know if there's an FAQ or anything(I cant check at this moment) but if someone can clarify this then I'd really appreciate it!

As Jhul'Vol said, you sorta answered it yourself! Whenever you suffer unsaved damage or mortal wounds(essentially a the last stage of taking wounds form your wounds total) you roll a D6 for each wound removed from your total. On any 6+ you ignore that damage. So in the instance I mentioned, I'd taken roughly 6 damage I think and so rolled 6 dice. I happened to get lucky and rolled 3 6's! So the Stim injector saved my bacon in more than one match, and would consider it a higher priority than the Target Lock when running a single Y'Vahra. However, both are very solid choices and it's very much down to your playstyle/tactics/list.

I'll be writing game 4 in about an hour so hopefully I'll have it posted soon!

R'Kai

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Dec 14 2017 07:09

Jhul'vol wrote:
JancoBCN wrote:- You also mention how the Stim Injector in your Y'vahra (excellent choice, btw, I never use her without Stim and ATS), and that it saved you 3 wounds. How does it work though? I understand that the Stim injector, as well as the "Sense of Stone" from the etheral work in the same way, but maybe I am doing it wrong. I use the Stim Injector before damage but after saves (although it does not say "unsaved wound", as the Sense of Stone does...), and then I take the damage if I fail. How does it actually work? :?[/list]

You almost answer it yourself though. The rule for the stimulant injector says "Suffers a wound or mortal wound".
The damage roll determines how many wounds you suffer. So if for example the damage roll is a 5, you suffer 5 wounds, giving you 5 rolls on the FNP.

Yeah.. The thing that tricks me is that this kind of effects are worded in a different way than our Stim:
Death Guard Codex, pg. 68 wrote:- Disgustingly Resilient: Each time a model with this ability loses a wound, roll a dice; on a 5+, the model does not lose that wound.

40K Rulebook - 8th, pg. 186 wrote:- Tenacious Survivor (Warlord trait): Roll a dice each time this Warlord loses a wound. On a 6, the Warlord shrugs off the damage and does not lose the wound.

With this information, it tells me 2 things:
    - GW chose to have 2 meanings for the word "wound", meaning (1) the damage points a model takes (and its atribute of maximum wounds it can take to be slain), and (2) the actual wounding process, through a roll (wound roll), and after hitting in shooting or melee.
    - When GW uses the "to lose" verb refering to a model, they talk about the actual damage points it takes, doesn't matter how the damage has been done (regular wounds, mortal wounds...). When they say "suffer unsaved wound", they are clearly refering to the wounding process, with its wound roll, but after failing to save it through some Saving throw.

Then, the fact that Stimulant Injector says:
Index: Xenos 2, pg. 137 wrote:Roll a dice each time a model with a stimulant injector suffers a wound or mortal wound. On a roll of 6,
ignore it.

Makes this case specially confusing for me. It says "suffer" on it, but not "unsaved". Could that mean that you have to roll prior to saving throws? I know it would make almost no sense, but my literal interpretation leans to this :-?

I don't know, I still don't really understand how to do it. Is there any official answer, or someone could me explain me further the reasons why we have to interpratate it in either way?

PS: Shas'O R'Kai, I have seen now (after writing the whole reply) that you have answered me as well. But as you have an opoinion similar to Jhul'vol's, I think my reply makes sense even after yours! :D

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Dec 14 2017 07:27

Shas'O R'Kai wrote:

Many thanks for the feedback/encouragement! I had no idea I'd get such good comments on my first try!

As far as declaring Mont'Ka and advancing/charging, it says that you can advance and shoot as if you haven't moved this turn. I took that to mean that you count as having not moved for your advancing and your shooting, and can therefore charge! If I'm incorrect then whoops! But as it's read in the index, I think it's the correct interpretation? I don't know if there's an FAQ or anything(I cant check at this moment) but if someone can clarify this then I'd really appreciate it!

Regarding this aspect, I am pretty sure it works like I have said.
- the rule states "can both Advance and Shoot as if they hadn't moved this turn"
- if you understand that you can "advance as if they hasn't moved", it really doesn't have any sense on their own, as advancing doesn't care about moving or not. Actions like charge or shoot do care, though. And the own rule specifies you in what actions you can apply that rule (shoot), and that has to mean, IMO, that every other activity that cares about moving (and/or advancing) does not benefit from this ability.
- My interpretation is that you can shoot as you did't moved, even if you advanced. But outside from that, you have actually moved and advanced, so the according penalties will apply.

PS: sorry for my confusing sentences... English is not my Native language and I sometimes struggle with some of those complex ideas and ruling debates I like to talk about! :biggrin:

Jhul'vol
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Dec 14 2017 07:36

JancoBCN wrote:Then, the fact that Stimulant Injector says:
Index: Xenos 2, pg. 137 wrote:Roll a dice each time a model with a stimulant injector suffers a wound or mortal wound. On a roll of 6,
ignore it.

Makes this case specially confusing for me. It says "suffer" on it, but not "unsaved". Could that mean that you have to roll prior to saving throws? I know it would make almost no sense, but my literal interpretation leans to this :-?

I don't know, I still don't really understand how to do it. Is there any official answer, or someone could me explain me further the reasons why we have to interpratate it in either way?

I can't get very far into the rules, as I don't have my book on me at the moment.
The way I interpret the sequence it's:
- Hit roll
- Wound roll
- Save roll
If unsaved, apply damage. Damage characterisic indicates how much wounds are lost. Since you don't lose wounds until after the damage characteristic is put into wounds.

Though now you have me doubting like you say with the "unsaved wound". I think I'll still go with my reasoning, as there is no precedent on saving all wounds this way, versus the save each wound lost separate.

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Dec 14 2017 07:42

JancoBCN wrote:
Shas'O R'Kai wrote:

- the rule states "can both Advance and Shoot as if they hadn't moved this turn"
- if you understand that you can "advance as if they hasn't moved", it really doesn't have any sense on their own, as advancing doesn't care about moving or not. Actions like charge or shoot do care, though. And the own rule specifies you in what actions you can apply that rule (shoot), and that has to mean, IMO, that every other activity that cares about moving (and/or advancing) does not benefit from this ability.
- My interpretation is that you can shoot as you did't moved, even if you advanced. But outside from that, you have actually moved and advanced, so the according penalties will apply.

PS: sorry for my confusing sentences... English is not my Native language and I sometimes struggle with some of those complex ideas and ruling debates I like to talk about! :biggrin:

For me Mont'ka its for move units with Heavy Weapons or Rapid Fire weapons. Use on Unis with Assault weapons is like nothing.

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Dec 14 2017 07:46

JancoBCN wrote:
Shas'O R'Kai wrote:

Hi Janco, thanks for clarifying that! It appears I've made a mistake in being able to charge after advancing with mont'Ka. Thankfully I don't think I did it too many times! I'll make sure and remember that going forward! I think I read a thread on here discussing how to use Mont'Ka and charging and that put it in my head that we could do so.

PS - your English is great!

For me Mont'ka its for move units with Heavy Weapons or Rapid Fire weapons. Use on Unis with Assault weapons is like nothing.

Well that's not strictly true, as assault weapons suffer a -1 to hit when you advance. Mont'Ka allows you to ignore this. So it's useful for all shooting weaponry.

R'Kai

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Dec 14 2017 07:51

Shas'O R'Kai wrote:
JancoBCN wrote:
Shas'O R'Kai wrote:

Hi Janco, thanks for clarifying that! It appears I've made a mistake in being able to charge after advancing with mont'Ka. Thankfully I don't think I did it too many times! I'll make sure and remember that going forward! I think I read a thread on here discussing how to use Mont'Ka and charging and that put it in my head that we could do so.

PS - your English is great!

Well that's not strictly true, as assault weapons suffer a -1 to hit when you advance. Mont'Ka allows you to ignore this. So it's useful for all shooting weaponry.

R'Kai

True, i forget that

Shas'O R'Kai
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Dec 14 2017 09:57

Game 4:

So, I walked into Day 2 and game 4 with an absolute beast of a hangover(Girlfriend got good news so naturally we celebrated till 4.30AM), but I was still ready to take on any player in the room! I'd be starting game 4 on table 2, so was currently 3rd/4th place in the running. The game type was a Maelstrom where we always have 3 cards, and the deployment was Speartip(the one with the pointy longways deployment).

My opponent was Alpha Legion(-1 to hit >12") chaos soup, with brimstones, the Changeling, a Chaos Lord, a Sorcerer, 3 squads of cultists(one a blob of 37), a squad of 10 berserkers, and SIX squads of obliterators. This was one of the strongest lists in the room. He'd had 3 tablings so far so it was likely to be a really tough game. The terrain on the board was around 5 T'au themed towers, with walkways between them, arranged in a sort of zig zag up the board. There were also a couple jungles here and there. It was by far the most interesting terrain, and all the objectives were placed on the towers bar one, which was on a small gun platform in his backfield.

Deployment took some time, as this was another "that guy" but by this point I was resigned to the fact that that's what I'd have to deal with at the top tables. However once all was said and done, he'd deployed his cultist blob and berserkers in deep strike via an ambush stratagem of some kind which was interesting. He had 2 units of obliterators at the top of a tower in his deployment zone, 3 were on the ground kinda spread out(but still keeping in range of the changeling for a -2 to hit in total), and 1 was deep striking. The brimstones sat on an objective right at the far back centre of his deployment zone. The Sorcerer also deep striked. The Chaos Lord and changeling were on the ground to the centre right surrounded by some 10 man cultist squads.

I deployed fire warriors + Fireblade and 1 pathfinder unit ontop of a towerin my backfield and out of range of his obliterators. I knew I had to make him come to me due to his far superior shooting, so I had deployed the gunline that far back for a reason. The stealth team was deployed in a centre tower infront of his 2 tower obliterators, hoping that a 2+ cover save would keep them safe. The breachers were down on the ground to my right flank, interspersed with the gun drones that were bubble wrapping my Y'Vahra. The big guy was deployed out of sight behind a tower, again surrounded with his drones. The 2 coldstars were also with him, hugging the tower. My other 2 pathfinder squads were more stretched out in a swamp terrain piece to my left. The fusion/missile commanders + Crisis team were in reserve again. We rolled off and I gave him first turn. I knew that he was super keen to drop some angry bois on me so I thought I'd lead him into doing that and let him hang himself for it. I pulled both pathfinder squads on my left flank right next to my Y'vahra + drone castle, leaving enough of a gap between them to allow the berserkers access to my warlord. I tried to do it in such a way that he would think it was an oversight on my part and then use the sorcerer to warptime the berserkers right up in my face, and thus into the Plasma Flamer's range...

Turn 1:
Well, my clever machinations in deployment had paid off. As expected, he dropped those 'zerkers and sorcerer on the left flank, along with the deep strking obliterator squad into the swamp where my pathfinders were before vanguard moves. The 37 man cultist blob came in on my right flank to take out all my breachers and drones. Everything else just moved up the board since he had quite a distance to cover to get to me. As he entered his psychic phase he had a look of glee as he revealed his masterful plan! He warp timed the berserkers right up next to my warlord for a charge. OH NO! How dastardly. So yeah, this was about to be extremely satisfying to reveal what my Y'Vahra can do.

Entering his shooting phase, he shot the 2 tower obliterators at my stealth suits and was really quite lucky, so they went the way of the dodo. Although thankfully 3 of his obliterators on the ground were out of range for anything, as was that whole mob of characters/cultists on the ground. The Obliterators that deep struck in tried to fire at my Y'Vahra but I saved most of them, passed my stim save, and passed a couple off to a drone. The Berserkers had only combat weapons, as did his sorcerer. The cultist blob finished it off by wiping 9 breachers(there's always 1 left alive! must name him...). I think he had 74 shots. Brutal.

Moving on to assault, he declared the charge against my warlord, drones, coldstar, and pathfinders with his Berserkers. I decided to open up with the Y-tide and show him the meaning of fear. After the Y'Vahra had spoken, there was 1 berserker left, who was promptly cut down by my warlord's overwatch. "So uncivilised" - Warlord/Obi-wan.
The cultist blob charged my breacher and drones, who actually managed to kill 5 on overwatch. Miraculously, the breacher survived the close combat AND morale! At the end of his turn he'd scored first blood for a drone squad.

Entering my turn, I knew I had to deal with what was in my lines. My objectives weren't great but I knew I could take a couple. My Y'Vahra moved right back and kept range with his Obliterators in the swamp. The Coldstars both moved next to the sorcerer on a building. The breacher fell back from combat and my gunline on the back tower shuffled forwards. I dropped my crisis team in the back next to my gunline tower and on the ground next to his cultists. The missile commander came in onto the tower where my gunline was. The drones consolidated into the middle of my deployment, blocking the cultists from going any further.

I opened up my shooting with the Y'Vahra again, really hoping to get the idea into his head that he needs to fire everything at it(hoping to then pass off wounds to my drones). Needless to say the obliterators got melted into demon sludge. The coldstars successfully assassinated the sorcerer with shooting and all my S5 shooting went into the cultists, killing about 20 of them. The missile commander got unlucky and only killed 1 obliterator on the towers on his side. The crisis opened up on the cultists too and wasted another 7(my hit rolls were incredibly bad). It was a bit of a waste to use crisis on cultists, but I brought them down more for their drones than anything and I wanted to keep my forces all within range of each other, hoping to pick his army apart bit by bit. At the end of the shooting phase(and the turn) he had 10 cultists left on my side and everything else was quite far away. He spent 2 command points to keep the 10 cultists around a bit longer. I ended up scoring 2 "secure objective X" cards.

Turn 2:
I saw the effects of my efforts to put the worlds biggest target on the Y'Vahra's back almost immediately. He moved and advanced everything to get towards it. Thankfully it was out of range or line of sight for every obliterator he had. This was a bit of a summary turn for him, as he only managed to kill a few more drones and a team of fire warriors. Oh, and 2 pathfinder teams. The only one left was the one on the tower with the gunline. He had no psychic or charges in range so that was pretty much it for his turn 2.

At the start of my turn 2 I had a decision to make. Stay back and try let him come at me before jumping out for a big attack and accept the casualties I'd take...or push forward for a super aggressive attack but maybe not get as much in range, and in turn suffer a much bigger response from him. I initially wanted to stay back, but I knew if I did that I was playing into his hands. I'd be having a shooting match with a very powerful and tough gun orientated army, plus I'd be giving him free reign of the objectives. I drew a card telling my to take the objective in the middle tower right next to his 2 obliterator squads there, and I drew another "secure onbjective X" card I cant remember. I decided to go aggressive. It's how I always play and it wouldn't have been much fun to stay back so I went all in. The 2 coldstars went up and Mont'Ka advanced to the middle objective, and the Y'Vahra Mont'Ka advanced up the left side of the board. The drones followed and advanced up with the Y-tide. My firewarrior gunline moved forwards aswell. The crisis moved as far as they could up the right side. My lone heroic breacher circled round the back tower and took aim at the remaining cultists that had slain his bond mates. I also dropped the 2 fusion commanders just behind the Y'Vahra and within range of the obliterators on the tower. Everything else stayed put.

I opened up shooting with the Y'Vahra again but was only in range of his 12" 3D3 shot gun. He got incredibly lucky with his saves and he only lost 1 obliterator. The Fusion commanders took out one more between them(they had -2 to hit), and then the coldstars finished the last one off. All my S5 guns finished off 9 of the cultists or did nothing and the crisis put 2 wounds on one of the footslogging obliterators. There was still one pesky cultist left, but my Breacher had his sights set on him. It was a fair distance, but he had the fury of losing his bond mates running though him! Long and short of it, the cultist died. I ended up claiming another two objectives, and scored another card for killing something in the shooting phase. That was rough, because he was so lucky with his saves, he denied me the D3 victory points from overwhelming firepower. Alas, dems the breaks. At the end of my shooting(and my turn again) he had one squad of obliterators on the tower, and 3 at near full strength on the ground. The mass of characters and cultists were also all untouched and he still had his brimstones on the objective. However I was looking very strong. I had my Y'Vahra well hidden/covered by drones, on 12 wounds, and in position to really put the hurt on another 2 obliterator squads. Without those, his armies killing power would be neutered. I was on a total of 6 Victory points to his 2.

Turn 3:
This was the turning point. He drew 3 objective cards that would give him D3 points. I know one was kingslayer, one was assassinate, and I think the other was supremecy. This was huge, all he had to do was kill my coldstars and fireblade and he'd get all of them(he had to advance to the objective my coldstars were on. So advance he did. Unfortunately, the giant target I'd painted so masterfully on the Y'Vahras back was monstrously overshadowed by the one on my characters. His Obliterators on the tower advanced to contest the objective my coldstars were on, and all the other obliterators advanced to get in range of my characters. The ground ones were mostly in the middle of the board now. Everything else shuffled forwards a bit.

He opened up his shooting phase by rolling 3's for all his obliterator random S, AP Dmg profiles. So he was shooting Assult 4 S9 AP-3 Dmg3 shots on each. Ouch. With this he killed my first coldstar. Another squad of them opened up and rolled the exact. Same. Profile. I failed every save and my warlord went down. Then, the other squad didn't roll as well but got the magic -3AP he needed on my Firewarriors, which cleared the way for the final obliterator squad to kill my Fireblade. So, he managed all three of his cards. Nothing else happened in the turn(no charges/morale etc.), and he rolled 3 for every single card he drew gaining him 9 victory points and putting him on 11 to my 6. The cards really really saved him there. Rough rough game.

My turn started by drawing 3 cards I almost definitely couldn't get, used 2 command points to re draw one and got another useless one... I started off movement by moving the Y'Vahra up along with the Fusion commanders and the Crisis suits. The Missile commander moved up a bit aswell, as did everything else. By this point it was just the three commanders, the Y'Vahra, some drones, the crisis suits and a squad of pathfinders.

I opened up shooting with some white hot vengeance! The Y'vahra proving why it's right to fear it by slagging 2 whole obliterator squads. The Fusion commanders rolled some average dice and killed off the 3rd of the turn. The Crisis suits then took the Obliterator squad they wounded last turn down to 1 standing with 1 wound. Drones killed a few cultists. I declared no charges and scored only 1 more victory point. At the end of that turn we had 10 mins left, but he refused to play another turn and I really wasn't in the mood for an argument. Final result was 11-7 to my opponent.

That game was a bummer because in one more turn I would've prettymuch tabled him. He admitted that I deserved the win 100% but the cards chose him. Rough game, that I'm proud over how I played. Ultimately it just proves that you can play well but if lady luck decides to leave you then there isn't much you can do about it!

R'Kai

CDR_Farsight
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Dec 14 2017 11:50

Does your local tournament rank off of W:L or off of victory points or a combination?

If you are ranking off of W:L, then good luck and I hope to see on the top table
If you are ranking off of VP, then you're going to be lucky to hit mid tier given the low VP wins you've gotten (especially if the tourney is using a 19 or 20 point system).

Not trying to burst your bubble because I do think you are doing fairly well, and I congratulate you for that....but out of the lists you played on day 1, I'm not seeing any really well built or super cheesy/synergistic opponents like the ones that are currently out there wrecking the large tournament scene.
To secure victory, the wise must adapt ~ Puretide

namegiver
Shas

Post#18 » Dec 14 2017 01:05

Rough game four. My group is hot and cold on Maelstrom missions for that exact reason. Sometimes, the cards make for an incredibly fun back and forth game... and sometimes, they make the game completely lopsided and frustrating. Such are the fortunes of war, I guess.

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Return to “Battle Reports”