Tau Win Percentage Log

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Darthi
Shas

Re: Tau Win Percentage Log

Post#91 » Feb 12 2018 03:45

I had 2 loses in The beginning of 8th (my First Battle with The tau statt collecting and my new tau army. Before that I only had 1 in 7th. So I was new to tau and The Game More or less.) The two losses were against a TS army that spammed every psychic power they could. So yeah that was how my 8th started but after a Little Bit of reading in The Index. My Games after that (between 5-10) I won against AM, Necrons, Death guard, and Dark angels.

Darthi
Shas

Post#92 » Feb 12 2018 03:46

Darthi wrote:I had 2 loses in The beginning of 8th (my First Battle with The tau statt collecting and my new tau army. Before that I only had 1 in 7th. So I was new to tau and The Game More or less.) The two losses were against a TS army that spammed every psychic power they could. So yeah that was how my 8th started but after a Little Bit of reading in The Index. My Games after that (between 5-10) I won against AM, Necrons, Death guard, and Dark angels.

If you count it than only The loses Please.

Atlas_MH
Shas

Post#93 » Feb 12 2018 04:27

Outcome: L
Points/PL: 1000
Opponent: Emperor's Children
Competitive/Casual: Casual
Tournament: N/A
Format: Some random objective game
List Theme: Breachers in a fish with Fireblade, Stealth suits, CIB crisis with ATS, and QFC.
Experience: almost 5 years with very little play, seriously into 8th Ed though
Additional Info: First turn whiffed on everything, didn't go first and i think that was a big deal. QFC came down after almost losing my fish turn 1, did 4 dmg to a Sicaron and failed the charge. Crisis(overcharged) did zero wounds to the dreadnought and the drones did 6 wounds. The noise marines killed FW, drones, and left both commander and crisis with no screening or support and died to lascannons/cc. Tabled by turn 3

Ash87
Shas'Saal

Post#94 » Feb 15 2018 05:46

Outcome: W
Points/PL: 2000 Points
Opponent: Death Guard
Competitive/Casual: Competitive
Tournament: n/a
Format: Maelstrom, Contact Lost
List Theme: x2 Quad Fusion Commanders (x2 Shield Drones), x1 Coldstar Commanders, x3 5 man strike teams, x2 Stealth Suites (1 Fusion/Drone controller, x2 Burst cannon/ATS with 2 gun drones [Paid for but didn't use Target Lock and Markerlights on the Fusion Commander]), x2 Pathfinder teams (3 markerlights, 2 Rail rifles), x2 Sunsharks, x2 Tidewalls, Cadre Fireblade (x2 Gun drones), Ethereal, x3 Crisis suites (2x3 Plasma and 1x2 Plasma/Drone controller, 4 gun drones and 2 shield drones)
Experience: 1-2 years.

The opponent conceded on turn 5, score 11 to 5. I made one major mistake this game, in that I tried to charge into a 1 wound left Chaos lord with 2 commanders (Look... it was Priority orders recieved and blood and guts, I knew it was dumb when I did it), otherwise it'd have been like 14-5. That blunder cost me 2 commanders. The MVP of this match was my stealth suites because they sat in the middle of the board and held the center of the board against plague marines, and 3 support characters. The Tidewalls were great, in that they likewise just stopped the other guy from moving up the board, because he was getting wounds from them, equal to the number of wounds he put onto them because of the tidewall shields.

He had 3 preds, 2 bloat drones, and 2 hellbrutes. I managed to drop my crisis suites in the middle of his main armor push and he spent way too long chewing on them while my suites and everything supporting them popped armor. I likewise wiped all but 1 pred with my 2 Commanders. My coldstar just zipped around peppering things with shots. The list worked because my suites held ground while my commanders blew up big targets and my gun line peppered him with shots from afar.

Opponent: Imperial Fists
Format: Maelstrom, Contact Lost
List Theme: x1 Quad Fusion Commanders (x2 Shield Drones), x2 6 man breacher teams, x1 fire warriors, x1 Stealth Suites (1 Fusion/Drone controller, x2 Burst cannon/ATS with 2 gun drones), x2 Pathfinder teams (3 markerlights, 3 Rail rifles), x2 Sunsharks, x1 Devilfish, Cadre Fireblade (x2 Gun drones), Stormsurge, x2 Kroot hound squads of 12

This match was a couple to three weeks ago, so I can't remember exactly what happened. I will say this was my First game using tactical objectives, ever. So, I don't think I did really well, but that was because I was wasting a lot of points. I'm not even 100% that the list I included here was right, but this is what I remembered.

I'd been using a lot of hounds lately when I played this. I ended up running into their hard limit, because I charged them into a vehicle, which they proceded to spend like 3 turns chewing on to no avail. Likewise, This was the first of 3 games I played using Breachers, and after those three... I think I don't need to take them anymore. They just can't survive long enough for them to be worth it to me, because a 4+ to hit with a shotgun is Fine... but the delivery is more expensive than it needs to be.

Long story short here, I got some crummy objectives, my stormsurge couldn't provide support to parts of my army and without any shield it crumpled like it was made of toilet paper under lasgun shots.

Opponent: Tyranids
Format: Maelstrom, Escalation
List Theme: x1 Quad Fusion Commanders (x2 Shield Drones), x2 12 man breacher teams, x1 fire warriors, x1 Stealth Suites (1 Fusion/Drone controller, x2 Burst cannon/ATS with 2 gun drones), x2 Pathfinder teams (3 markerlights, 3 Rail rifles), x2 Sunsharks, x2 Devilfish, Cadre Fireblade (x2 Gun drones), Crisis suite squad, x2 Kroot hound squads of 12

So, had played a match against a guy for 1000 points with Tau v. Nids, he'd never played Tau before. So this time he brought a lot of stuff that spread around a -1 to hit field. This was my ultimate test of Breachers, as they ran into up against Termagaunts and giant hordes of stuff. The guy threw a lot of weaker gribbly units at me and then kept his heavy hitters back. I tried to alpha strike those heavy hitters, but he kept chewing up and spitting out everything I had. Without being able to break synapse or chew through giant blobs of nids, I just kept coming up short.

It was extremely frustrating when he had his termagaunts outshooting my army too. He had far superior board control to me, and I was overextended trying to pick apart a bunch of little things while I should of focused in on taking down his blobs and then working my way forward. I ended up conceding on 3, partially because of a raging headache.

Points/PL: 1000 Points
Opponent: Tyranids
Format: No Mercy
List Theme: x1 Quad Fusion Commanders (x2 Shield Drones), x1 12 man breacher teams, x1 fire warriors, x1 Stealth Suites (1 Fusion/Drone controller, x2 Burst cannon/ATS with 2 gun drones), x2 Pathfinder teams (3 markerlights, 2 Rail rifles), x1 Sunsharks, x1 Devilfish, Cadre Fireblade (x2 Gun drones),

So, had played a match against a guy for 1000 points with Tau v. Nids, he'd never played Tau before. This match I did win, but it was disgusting. We ended up in the end 1v1ing my Commander vs. his Neurothrope, until I won. Honestly, the guy came back to figure out he needed to alpha strike more guys in at closer range to counter my heavies, so... Yeah. This wasn't a hugely impactful game, it was just us Pounding on each other, so there's not a lot I can say. Surprise surprise, Sunsharks are amazing... which is why he focused on killing those first in our next game I detailed above.

Opponent: Eldar
Format: Deadlock
List Theme: x2 Quad Fusion Commanders (x2 Shield Drones), x1 Stealth Suites (1 Fusion/Shield, x3 Burst cannon/ATS), x2 Pathfinder teams (3 markerlights, 3 Rail rifles), x1 Sunsharks, Darkstrider, Stormsurge, 1 coldstar commanderx2 10 kroot hounds, x2 7 Vespids, Drone Port

So this was Wildly different to the lists I usually run. This was a objective game. Final score 9-2 on Turn 2. I blew or took to 1w the 2 enemy vehicles, killed 2 wraith lords, 1 wraith guard unit, 1 squad of guardians, and reduced to ineffectiveness a unit of dire avengers, and a unit of rangers. So, since the guy had to foot slog his way over to my stormsurge he conceded. I don't think he should have, but he did.

The problems with the list were what I should of expected. There is 0 staying power here, as the stealthsuites without drones were just hammered away by shooting phases. They were reduced by 2 by game end, and failed their hits both turns. The Stormsurge did decent this time, but I was fighting Allytoc (or however it's spelled) and a lot of his guys had an additional -1 to hit, so my greatest hits were against guys with markerlights.

Just as a brief aside... Because of the way my list worked, I had 4 2+ to hit markerlights... and I still only got 5 markers, Once in two turns. God Damn they need to adjust that table :sad:

Return to “Battle Reports”