Crisis in the City... Cerberus Unbound

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
Shas'O_Mont'yre_Taku
Shas

Post#37 » Jan 20 2007 01:22

WK must not leave...where will we be with his all inspiring fluff to push on to the greater good?

Shas'o Mont'Yr Or'es Shi
Shas

Post#38 » Mar 19 2007 08:44

I appologise for the thread reasurrection that is about to take place but does anyone remember this one that started a few months back but was never finished due to its author mysteriosly dissapearing? eehhmm, sorry...at your leasiure WK. Good hunting.
"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

White Knight
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#39 » Apr 12 2007 08:27

It's good to be back - hope to have turn 5 up Saturday, but in the meantime, here's a trailer, if you will, for all those who have enjoyed this and never thought it would reach a conclusion... ;)

+++

Peace...

The sky gently rolled above him, revealing beatific mandarin shading across the clouds high above. Twin suns, one a glowing orange, the other a deceptively cool blue beat serenely across the plain, warming his skin pleasantly. Sighing, he tasted the air as he inhaled, the tingle of wooden essence tinged with a subtle tang of... something that was beyond his ken, as if just out of reach. Closing his eyes, he inhaled again. There was something else there, much more sour than before; faint, yet palpable. He frowned in concentration.

As he sought recognition, he felt a dull throb pass through him, awakening sensations that had been there all the time, yet had previously remained unnoticed. Bafflement grew, nourishing his curiosity. Reaching for one of the now growing sensations, this one from his head, his fingers touched not his dry, sun-warmed skin, but something sticky, something viscous. This was not how he remembered this place...

A memory?

The throbbing grew rhythmically into a distant pounding of drums that echoes through the hills and fields of his mind...

This is not real.

Yet still it persisted, just as the pounding grew, still as slow, but louder, and louder...

Not knowing felt like being out of control; and that was something a shas'vre could not...

Shas'vre!

Realisation dawned. His eyes snapped open.

The vividly beautiful sky was replaced by a mottled grey shroud, viewed through a long, jagged tear in his xor'vesa's cockpit, the rend pinging metallically as it cooled from some massive heat impact. A roaring squeal of noise barraged his ears. Pain stabbed across his body like knives digging for bone. Electrics sparked and spluttered from his controls, while lubricant trickled down one broken panel and dripped down onto the exposed bone of his arm which poked sickeningly through his combat suit.

Blinking, disoriented, the ringing in his ears began to subside enough for him to make out voices; frantic, garbled. Then, one much clearer.

"Vre'wynn, respond!" Then, "Can anyone see him?"

Outside his wrecked xor'vesa, he not so much as heard but felt the approach of a behemoth; a destroyer of lives. The Warhound...

One of the other voices returned, much clearer this time,

"Confirmed; the eighty-eight is down, repeat, Vre'wynn is down".

+++ Read the conclusion 14/4/07 +++
Last edited by White Knight on Apr 14 2007 09:42, edited 2 times in total.
Firestorm - Shoot lots and watch what drops...

Atomic
Shas

Post#40 » Apr 12 2007 08:46

Hells yeah. Looking forward to the 14th!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#41 » Apr 12 2007 11:33

Superb. Bring on the noise! :evil:

Daydreaming on the job can get you killed kids. ;)

~ Tael.

Commander Scarleg
Kor

Post#42 » Apr 13 2007 06:17

Exellent. *taps fingers*
Paintball: It's good for the blood!

Kugelblitz
Shas

Post#43 » Apr 13 2007 10:26

Hooray! Will Stomper catch him before he can abandon the fish? The tension is delicious.
Nothing to see here, move along.

White Knight
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#44 » Apr 14 2007 05:07

+++

"Keep up... the pressure!" El'tyen's rumbling voice sounded strained across the general frequencies as he struggled with the remaining foe before him. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd seen the salvo of fire from the gue'la heavy weapon team corkscrew in towards Vre'wynn's position. He had no time to worry about that now. Grappling with all of the strength his suit had available, both gue'la and xor'vesa wrestled with one another to force their opponent's weapons away from bearing on each other. The power-armoured trooper, slightly smaller in stature than El'tyen's XV8, had ducked in underneath his shoulder weapons, neatly evading their wrath. The Shas'el, however, took a more direct approach, crushing his assailant's bulky looking pistol beneath his armoured gauntlet, the force of which also seemed to cause significant damage to the gue'la's hand. Almost chest to chest, the two combatants struggled with each other in a deadlock...

FLASH...

The air crackled as the light flared impossibly bright for an instant, then faded, announcing the discharge of the titan's plasma weapon. Heat washed over them, being this close, blanketing them in an elemental's breath that threatened to send them toppling, yet neither warrior dropped their guard.

A cacophonic whining, punctuated by a staccato drumroll heralded the unleashing of the titan's other main weapon system, tracer rounds lighting up the darkening sky above like supersonic fireflies.

Teeth clenched hard, El'tyen heard the dismay over the comms...

+++

"Vre'wynn's down, Vre'wynn's down - can you, can anyone see him?"

Ui'var cursed profusely within the privacy of his own xor'vesa - they'd just lost one of their two remaining big hitters; there was little chance of the brave shas'vre walking away form that hit.

"Confirmed; the eighty-eight is down, repeat, Vre'wynn is down".

Well, that sealed it. Worse still, he could see the other crisis team falter, ever so slightly, as they tried to assess the situation. He brought himself in to cover, letting the targeting vesa select the best spread. Looking at the tactical display, he saw Stalker La'rua finally shift position as they prepared to line up on the Warhound again. It was a sloppy manoeuvre; had they taken damage he hadn't seen?

"Stalker, tighten up, you're too loose; hug the wall, hu-".

Too late.

Shell after shell chewed paving and wall with impunity as a line of destruction was walked across the titan's field of view, shredding first the drones then both xor'vesa's of Stalker La'rua limb from limb in a spray of metal, dirt, oil and blood. Staggering haphazardly from the assault, Stalker Two had enough time to stumble no more than five paces, weapons smashed beyond recognition, left arm missing and billowing smoke from the shoulder, before the whoosh of a descending missile barrage completed the display of destruction, hammering the now-wrecked suit to the floor.

"Ahh, Kroot-hash!"

+++

He had to regain the initiative.

Arms strained, armoured joints creaked, wills matched; suddenly, El'tyen pivoted his suit back, dropping to one knee, but levering his foe off the ground for a split second. In that instant, the aged shas reversed his direction, throwing his head forward to cannon solidly with his foe. The blow knocked the gue'la back, only bringing his head up with enough time to see an armoured hoof fill his faceplate, shortly before it caved in his skull.

Squatting down to reduce his profile, El'tyen took a moment to regain some discipline. "Hunter, intensify your fire to compensate; I'll bracket the target from the east - I want those shields down so Lancer can make her shots count". Mind ever on the bigger picture, El'tyen delivered the instructions as if they had been planned all along. Switching frequencies, he opened up a direct channel with the last of his forces on station.

"Archer Two, I need you in this fight now".

+++ To be continued 16/4/07 +++

(Or possibly sooner, if the editing goes swiftly!)
Holy kroot krap this type is small, didn't realise you could go this tiny.. ~ Tael

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#45 » Apr 14 2007 09:10

Ooohhh...this should be interesting. Have been waiting to see how the battle would end.

Come on White Knight! Give it to us!!! :)

White Knight
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#46 » Apr 16 2007 05:01

Good news and bad news;

Good News? THe writing goes well.

Bad News? It goes SO well that I'm not posting the rest until tomorrow at the earliest so I have time to fine tune it.

Yes, THE REST - To BE CONCLUDED! :eek:

Doombringer
Drill Shas
Drill Shas

Post#47 » Apr 16 2007 05:44

*Cue Mister Burns Voice*

Excellent...

Can't wait to see the final chapter.

That 'Eighty-Eight down' thing was very familiar... Kinda reminded me of a certain incident in Africa in '92-93. ;)

The anticipation!!!

snypergod89
Shas

Post#48 » Apr 27 2007 06:14

Haha! I knew that I'd heard that line from somewhere! I assume your speaking of that incident with the blackhawk and the crashing? You know, the one they made into a movie later? :P One of my dad's favorite movies as he's AF.

Excellent writing WK. Can't wait to read the rest.

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#49 » Apr 30 2007 03:09

snypergod89 wrote:Haha! I knew that I'd heard that line from somewhere! I assume your speaking of that incident with the blackhawk and the crashing? You know, the one they made into a movie later? :P One of my dad's favorite movies as he's AF.

Excellent writing WK. Can't wait to read the rest.

Ahhh...yes. Now I know why it sounded so familiar too!

Black Hawk Down...

twitch0115
Shas

Post#50 » May 04 2007 02:58

MORE MORE. I NEED MORE

great wrieing :biggrin:
tau=win i mean it is simple math

O'Mal
Shas

Post#51 » May 30 2007 06:40

Ok, so again we are left hanging. :( White Knight seems to have run into a spot of bad luck that has lasted for far too long. :::( Ill crack one for the WK and hope we get to read the rest of the story sometime soon.

Good hunting Shas. :evil:
I hear there are 40k gamers in Texarkana, PM me to game

Commander Scarleg
Kor

Post#52 » May 30 2007 07:17

It's funny, I was just looking at this thread wondering where he's gone...
Paintball: It's good for the blood!

O'Mal
Shas

Post#53 » Jun 03 2007 10:45

Oh White Knight...hear our plea...save us from this eternal guessing!!!

Seriously, are you ok or do we need to send out the med-evac drones?
I hear there are 40k gamers in Texarkana, PM me to game

Return to “Battle Reports”