Crisis in the City... Cerberus Unbound

Battle Reports and debriefing thoughts about your Tau in action
White Knight
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Dec 02 2006 05:55

+++

A bedraggled pair of moth-eaten rodents, each no bigger than a man's fist, scurried their way along the dark passage way. Pickings were poorer than usual; many of their fellows seemed to have disappeared, mysteriously and without a trace, not even a last desperate scent, while more and more recently the ground would shake, and the hot living breath of nature would claim more victims for its pyre. It was getting so that all they could find to eat were their own ashes.

And now, something new clattered along in the darkness. Sounds; voices. Giants! The giants were back - yes, definitely them, not the others. In the small minds of each rat, millions of years of evolution snapped into action and pressed the large red button in their minds that carried a very simple instruction; run!

As they scampered into a nearby crack in the wall, the sounds behind them drew closer, the clumsy shambling and hushed voices of the larger creatures reverberating down the passage way.

"Look, you are sure this is the right way, yes?"

"Scanner says its up ahead," came the reply. "There's a stairwell right there; we also, " the terse voice continued, "have a second passage that seems to lead north; should be a... maintenance chute that leads up into one of the buildings next to where those artillery tanks are sitting".

"Maintenance chute"? Said a third voice, incredulously.

"He means a drain. Honestly, these people have ways that'd make a kroot blush".

"I guess you didn't see what that Shaper did in the back of the Orca last ro'taa, then?" Piped up a fourth voice.

Above them, the ground shuddered with the tremor of a heavy impact far above them. Dust fell from the shadow-laden ceiling, clouding what little light they had.

The first voice hissed, as if talking through clenched teeth. "Belt up, Saal! This isn't the academy anymore - you're on The Line now; the least you could do is try and act like it!"

"Sorry, La'bryn".

In the darkness a figure that had, up until now, said nothing, merely shook it's head in quiet bemusement.

"Right, listen up! Archer One, with me - move on the stairwell. Archer Two? With La'rellia. See if you can take out those missile tanks and ease the pressure off of the Xor'vesa teams. All clear?"

There was a chorus of static-laden clicks.

"Good. Tau'va Shi!"

The figures moved into action, one line heading straight down the tunnel, the other peeling off to follow the course north. At the corner of the junction, the last two figures paused opposite each other.

"Were we ever that young?"

"Technically, yes. A drain???"

"Maintenance chute".

"That'll just happen to smell worse than a Krootox with a gastric problem".

The other shadow rolled his head resignedly. "Probably, so don't take your helmet off. Have fun".

"We'll try. Keep your head down, La‘bryn".

"You, too, Rell".

As the two figures hurried off after their teams, neither noticed the two muffled squeaks in the darkness, nor the sickly, wet and very organic suckling sound that then retreated back into the darkness.

Patience...

The other would bide it's time.

+++
Firestorm - Shoot lots and watch what drops...

Soji
Por'Ui

Post#22 » Dec 02 2006 09:17

I am crying. Tears of joy.

YAY ! White Knight has done it again. Thanks :biggrin:
55/1/0

Soji, as always at your service

Shas'o Mont'Yr Or'es Shi
Shas

Post#23 » Dec 06 2006 12:22

ha, sweet...sewer rats...should have known...incredible work WK

WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it up big guy
"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

UN17
Shas

Post#24 » Dec 06 2006 05:20

Love reading this narrative batrep :D

Shas'O'Dar'Ren
Shas

Post#25 » Dec 06 2006 06:26

im Addicted already

wheres the rest Wk ? ;)

-Darren
"Strive for the Greater Good , or Everything is Lost"

Shas'O Taij
Shas

Post#26 » Dec 07 2006 07:43

You should write a scifi epic. Or maybe contact G. Lucas for a remake of every single starwars episoid around( :roll: billions i'm sure.)

Shas'o Mont'Yr Or'es Shi
Shas

Post#27 » Dec 13 2006 02:33

must...have...more...

no, seriously, just checking if you are still aliveWK. i realise Real Life TM (attributed to WK) has probably reared its ugly head again but we are still interested in what you have to say. great work thus far, love the forshadowing...i take it that way because you went into a game against an imperial titan with the other guy at ~1400-1500 pts and youself just around 1000 pts. either you are a warhammer genious or theres another little 500 pts force waiting in the wings for...something?! plus the fact that the whole great squishy slimmy soundy thing screams forshadow...anyway, great work thus far.
"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

White Knight
Shas'Ui

Post#28 » Dec 13 2006 06:42

Yup - RL(TM) strikes again - sorry to keep you waiting. Plan to try and get this finished by Sunday.

I'm no genius, but I do know how to read my opponent. That, and I am a great believer in the words of Sun-Tzu...
Firestorm - Shoot lots and watch what drops...

Commander Scarleg
Kor

Post#29 » Dec 20 2006 08:28

So, can't help but notice the cliffhanger. Is it gonna be up soon, or will we be waiting for a litte longer?
Just a little tidbit, I put all the Crisis in the city stuff into a word document for future re-reading, 59 pages, just WK's posts. Damn, that's serious stuff man.
Paintball: It's good for the blood!

NeoHunter
Shas

Post#30 » Dec 21 2006 03:36

Oohh...nice story so far!

Return to “Battle Reports”