Shooting Casualties: An Explanation and Discussion

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
O'M'yen'Suam
Shas'Ui

Re: Shooting Casualties: An Explanation and Discussion

Post#21 » Mar 17 2009 04:01

This is a really good summary, I can only see one error in it and this seem a bit pedantic but,

Elliott wrote: One of the suits has already taken one wound. Unfortunately for them, they take two more unsaved wounds from shooting: a Strength 8 lascannon shot (which will inflict Instant Death), and a regular bolter shot.

Where do you get a str 8 lascannon? They are strength 9, it doesn't affect your point as it still inficts instant death but for the sake of correctness it may be worth changing.

hahah! Well, if I had to have a mistake, then that's a good one to have. Sharp eyes and nice find! - Ell
Submission is not defeat, submission is victory!!

§plit§econd
Kor'Ui

Re: Shooting Casualties: An Explanation and Discussion

Post#22 » May 10 2010 05:21

O'M'yen'Suam wrote:Where do you get a str 8 lascannon? They are strength 9, it doesn't affect your point as it still inficts instant death but for the sake of correctness it may be worth changing.

It's a Tau Lascannon, simmilar to Tau plasma not overheating a Tau Lascannons generate no heat at all and are quite a bit smaller. Effective on volcanic worlds where overheating can actually be an issue.

Please check post dates before replying, in this case the last post was over 13 months ago. - TheAmbit
For now I don't write Tacticas, I inspire them.

Return to “Archival Datacore”