[Resource] Status Cards

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Nitro
Shas'La

[Resource] Status Cards

Post#1 » Aug 16 2011 02:45

Hello!

I created some status cards for ATT. If you like them you can use them for games. The background is that I can´t always remember all the numbers and values (due to my age, as the young ´las tell me...). So I like having a unit card for each unit on the field... You can print them out, finalize them and put them into protective sleeves.

Download Here

A preview of the cards:

Comments and critics welcome...
Last edited by Nitro on Aug 16 2011 03:46, edited 3 times in total.

Amis
Shas'Ui

Re: Status Cards

Post#2 » Aug 16 2011 03:24

Hey that's some useful card! I really like design, good work!

Now some upgrades you CAN (it's entirely up to you) do:

-Not sure if it really is useful - statline part. Stats are in summary sheet in the middle of Codex (last b/w page, before colour section), and has every unit's stats on one page. I know it was main idea, but other than that I find it might be useful.

-as per unit statline, wargear statline is not entirely necessary. If you'd change, I think you could compress each one in half, so that there are 8 units per sheet, or make them longer, and 6 of them. I think there could be space for unit's main in-game objective, so that you always know what you thought of at the beginning. Or something like that...

-as per vehicle chart, I'd do more squares for shaken and stunned to write turn number whenever it gets hurt, and weapon destroyed result may be added with space for which weapon.

-leave that additional notes part, for its one of main spaces I like, so there we can write something we always forget about, that it has markerlight, or anything which may be found necessary.

Cheers,
Amis

R'alai
Por

Post#3 » Aug 16 2011 05:07

Like several recent projects, I have the belief this one will go far. Great idea, I would implement the changes amis mentioned, as it should help with user frendlines.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#4 » Aug 16 2011 05:42

Looks great, more than happy to host the finished files on ATT as a resource for all the members here. :)

I'll keep tabs on the thread, but do PM me when you have the final files for uploading.

Do you intend to use PDF?

- Tael.

Nitro
Shas'La

Post#5 » Aug 17 2011 06:36

Thanks for the feedback.

@Amis:

-Not sure if it really is useful - statline part. Stats are in summary sheet in the middle of Codex (last b/w page, before colour section), and has every unit's stats on one page. I know it was main idea, but other than that I find it might be useful.

Statline: I would like to include it. Of course the information is given in the table of the codex. But I like to have all necessary data of every unit on a small card (shame on me that I am just too old to memorize all the values ;)) right in front of me. So instead of me flipping all over the codex every time to the stat table I just have the values right in front of me.

-as per unit statline, wargear statline is not entirely necessary. If you'd change, I think you could compress each one in half, so that there are 8 units per sheet, or make them longer, and 6 of them. I think there could be space for unit's main in-game objective, so that you always know what you thought of at the beginning. Or something like that...

The cards need to be in that format. Otherwise they would not fit in those nice protective card sleeves. By keeping the actual format you can print and cut them out and fold them along the dotted line. They should fix in the sleeves nicely (you can add a piece of cardboard to make it sturdier).
I added an "objective" line (for example shock / flank attack or whatsoever to be noted), good point.

-as per vehicle chart, I'd do more squares for shaken and stunned to write turn number whenever it gets hurt, and weapon destroyed result may be added with space for which weapon.

OK, added more space for the weapons. Also removed the "type"-column (irrelevant for vehicles). As for the vehicle damage results: As soon as it happens you can check the box. In the next turn you follow the rules for the result (stunned, shaken,...) and uncheck the box. So you can keep track regardless of the turn.

So, here´s the newest shot:

@Tael: Would appreciate it if the status cards would make it to the ressources :). I would make it a pdf.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Aug 17 2011 07:54

I very much like these, and have already printed a few out. I honestly don't think I'll use the "Objective" section on the cards as it's not my opponents business what I intend to do with my units. Otherwise these are great! (I was tired of using dice all the time to mark units and tanks with wounds/effects, and whatever else.)
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Aug 17 2011 09:56

This is actually really cool. I was wondering, do you think you could make a single card that could be used for a big 6 man stealth team? Or would that be too much for just 1 card?

Also, a small space to denote a weapon destroyed may be useful, but why do you have 4 spots for weapons?

Nitro
Shas'La

Post#8 » Aug 17 2011 02:37

@Ell'ran:
You can use one card, that should be enough... BC and Fusion Blaster as well as Wargear can be noted on a single card (wargear etc. under "additional notes", 3 lines for weapons). For drones another card an be used.
For spots are for "wounds". It can be neglected when using "1 HP"-infantry. It only comes to use by models with more than one wound. Just color to the appropriate number of wounds (for example "nortmal" Crisis: 2) before the game starts and you can keep track of inflicted wounds to that model by colouring free circles (= W).

@Commander Blueshock:
Just curious: is the quality good enough? I compressed the file it to maximum to keep it as small as possible..?!?

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#9 » Aug 17 2011 03:12

Nitro wrote:@Ell'ran: @Commander Blueshock:
Just curious: is the quality good enough? I compressed the file it to maximum to keep it as small as possible..?!?

Yeah, it looks great with my printer...it's not a brand new printer either so if mine does good, most should.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Nitro
Shas'La

Post#10 » Aug 20 2011 02:38

OK, I finished Version 1_1 so far. I will send the file (pdf; ~750 kB) to Tael for final judgement...
Please tell me any further idea that could be possibly implemented to improve the useability of the stat cards :)

Return to “Rules & FAQ”