Heavy stealth suits

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Heavy stealth suits

Post#1 » Mar 10 2015 12:33

I recently found these "Tiik champion" models from reaper minis.
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Bones/latest/77187
The original plan was to use them as stealth count as. After unboxing them I realized that they about 1.5 times as tall as a fire warrior and still too tall to be a stealth suit. They are also to long to fit on the 28mm bases.

Any thoughts on what stats i could for them instead of stealth suits?
Live by the law, die by the sword

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Re: Heavy stealth suits

Post#2 » Mar 10 2015 12:39

Very interesting models. I am curious how you intended to justify these as stealth suits without ranged weapons? Very neat idea, but were you going to convert with some version of a burst cannon? Also I have a hard time seeing a Fish as tough as an armored stealth suit, but maybe. A little more depth into your thought process with these would help tremendously for us to be able to help you.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Post#3 » Mar 10 2015 01:54

I plan to heavily convert them (burst cannons, armour plating, rebreathers). They don't need to be stealth suit if there is another set of stats that might better fit the model. I love the aesthetics and want to use them in my army. They would most likely have to fit on bigger bases then the standard 28mm.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Mar 10 2015 02:08

That sounds like fun. I could see where you are going with this. I'm not sure how big they are but the standard 40k base size is 25mm. Unless your concerned about the model being extremely top heavy there are always ways to get around base size for a model. See herefor example. Just build a rock surface or something hanging off the base to fit them. You measure distance and whatnot from the base of the model anyways, so you'll be alright as long as you plan out ahead of time. Model size doesn't determine it's ability to be used in 40k, it just gives you a slight disadvantage in cover type situations.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#5 » Mar 10 2015 06:28

That is a very cool model, thank you for bringing it to my attention. :)

It reminds me of a coelacanth and would look very fitting with blue skin and Tau armour added on. Add a few antennas and presto, you have an ally. If you could pose your model next to a scale/ruler or a different GW model of equal size then that would help. You could easily use this fellow as a stand in for an ally.

How about getting back to that member profile Blueshock recommended? Another member did devote time and effort into helping you so maybe taking a second look at our site guidelines would be best?

Thank you!

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Post#6 » Mar 10 2015 08:32

I set up this account on my break at work. I full intend to create a member profile.

hiddencamel
Shas

Post#7 » Mar 10 2015 10:17

That's a pretty cool idea, I really like the idea of Tau auxiliary armies. I've been mucking around with Gue'Vesa guardsmen, but I'm intrigued to see how others are building up other slots in the army.

Will be cool to see what you can do with these fellas.

Aldarion
Shas

Post#8 » Mar 11 2015 07:45

i think is better to make XV15 stealth suit from a Firewarrior than Xv25 from that figure you show.

the XV15 are very cool figures, and they use the same rules than XV25, so is more easy this option

Training in clonetrooper training center BS3!, ja!

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La

Post#9 » Mar 11 2015 08:49

I have a squad of xv15's. Im open to all possible stat options.
Because these would be considered auxiliary troops could Ogryn stats be used?

ArttesThePerishable
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Mar 11 2015 12:02

modelglue wrote:You could easily use this fellow as a stand in for an ally.

I agree with this idea. Seeing this model makes me want to buy them for a "counts as" Orks ally. Nice and bulky looking with a pretty nifty looking melee weapon. And wouldn't require much remodeling! :D
Blood for the Blood God? No! Fire for my FireBlade!

Return to “Rules & FAQ”