Tau FAQ (official first draft)

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
fraction64
Shas'Saal

Re: Tau FAQ (official first draft)

Post#61 » Aug 21 2016 02:19

On the issue of ruins being impassable I thought that contradicted the BRB too until I tried to find the rule about going through them. I cannot find it anymore. It was in the 6th ed BRB but it's nowhere to be found in 7th.

Oh and there are no invuln saves in fantasy anymore. Closet they come is FNP style quasi saves.
We'll have to wait a good month or so before we see final drafts released like AoS but I expect few changes (though probably a few important clarifications. ) if the BRB faq is clarified this way it will apply to our codex even if they don't add it too the tau one.

AlmostMercury
Shas

Post#62 » Aug 21 2016 08:45

fraction64 wrote:On the issue of ruins being impassable I thought that contradicted the BRB too until I tried to find the rule about going through them. I cannot find it anymore. It was in the 6th ed BRB but it's nowhere to be found in 7th.

Oh and there are no invuln saves in fantasy anymore. Closet they come is FNP style quasi saves.
We'll have to wait a good month or so before we see final drafts released like AoS but I expect few changes (though probably a few important clarifications. ) if the BRB faq is clarified this way it will apply to our codex even if they don't add it too the tau one.

"MOVING THROUGH TERRAIN
As part of their move, models can move through, up or over any terrain they encounter, unless the terrain is noted as being impassable"

Movement Section p.21

fraction64
Shas'Saal

Post#63 » Aug 22 2016 10:04

That is different from the old rules which mentioned ruins specifically. I believe that they assume walls are solid now based on the faq. So the part about moving over them would work. So if the wall was less than 6 you could climb up it.
But yeah old rule was very different.

AlmostMercury
Shas

Post#64 » Aug 23 2016 10:22

There's no need to mention ruins specifically if it counts as a piece of terrain. They discuss buildings explicitly, and if you want ruins to function differently than terrain you say so. Otherwise there's no reason for a player to believe it makes any difference whatsoever.

The FAQ question is ambiguous. It could mean that the Shrine, while described as a ruin, still functions as a building. Or, it could mean that ruins are meant to function as buildings. We don't know.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”