Piranha Firestream + FAQ ruling

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
Glassjaw
Shas

Re: Piranha Firestream + FAQ ruling

Post#21 » Jul 19 2016 04:06

New drones or not, lose one piranha and you can replace it when you R+R, which is the real benefit as the unit comes back full strength.

And don't forget seeker missiles. They'll allow the piranhas to skirt the table edges with 60" homing ignores cover crack missiles, that you can just replace. And now that they can still fire at bs 5 from a markerlight even if they boost or jink, what's not to love?
dakka dakka dakka

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Jul 19 2016 08:25

Drones are part of the formation, but they aren't part of the unit of piranhas. The piranhas that disembarked the drones can return to the reserves and bring more.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Post#23 » Jul 19 2016 03:22

Vector Strike wrote:Drones are part of the formation, but they aren't part of the unit of piranhas. The piranhas that disembarked the drones can return to the reserves and bring more.

So far as I can tell a depleted unit of drones could also enter reserves and return at full strength the next turn. Not something you would build a strategy on but possibly useful.

From the draft FAQ I would think the drones could re-enter play by Deep Strike which is weird.

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Aug 03 2016 04:45

I think you're definitely right about the drones being able to rearm and refuel, the tyranid FAQ tervigon ruling backs this up IMO. I'm not sure you could enter by deep strike though? I'm leaning the other way on that myself.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Aug 04 2016 11:04

Well there is only one kind of ongoing reserves and it's nowhere said that they can't deep strike from there.

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Aug 05 2016 05:20

The latest tyranid FAQ seems to lean the other way:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... &source=54

Shows that tyranid models entering ongoing reserves with a deep strike rule cannot use deep strike to move onto the board.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Aug 05 2016 07:19

Well that's a Tyranid FAQ. As long as there is no BRB FAQ or Tau FAQ that states otherwise it's just an assumption. RAW it's still possible to deep strike for everyone except for the units in that Tyranid formation.

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Aug 06 2016 03:57

The Deep Strike rule specifies that "all models in the unit must have the Deep Strike rule and the unit must start the game in Reserves". RAW I don't see how the drones could deep strike?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Aug 06 2016 05:11

Ah okay that changes things. Why not quote the actual important rule directly instead of quoting the Tyranids FAQ? :D

mothyy
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Aug 06 2016 08:38

Sorry :P Will do next time

Syzygy
Shas

Post#31 » Aug 07 2016 09:01

Aren't drones 'Jet Pack Infantry' and consequently have the deep strike USR?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Aug 07 2016 10:47

Syzygy wrote:Aren't drones 'Jet Pack Infantry' and consequently have the deep strike USR?

That's why we were considering it in the first place.

Return to “Archival Datacore”