Intervention Request Beacons

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
counterwave
Shas'Saal

Intervention Request Beacons

Post#1 » Aug 29 2016 08:55

So, the Intervention Request Beacons state that if any unit from the formation is destroyed then everything I have in Reserve comes on at the beginning of my next turn. So, the scenario is its player turn one and my opponent goes first and kills one of the Pathfinder squads. Do all of my reserve units come on at the beginning of my next turn even though it's player turn one? I don't see why they wouldn't, but am anticipating some resistance at my next tournament. Thanks in advance.
The Devil Hides in You!

wood410
Shas

Re: Intervention Request Beacons

Post#2 » Aug 30 2016 12:38

Yes, all of your reserves will arrive turn one. I've only used this strategy in casual games, to no avail. The formation is just a massive points sink for too many sub-par units. I'd try it once or twice before your tourney. Sure it will ruin your element of surprise, but you will learn about the formation, and how to best use it.
6th edition W/D/L 0/0/0

Scoju
Shas

Post#3 » Sep 17 2016 12:28

I do believe this had been FAQ'd to suggest you only automatically pass the reserves roll, which would mean that because you can only start rolling for reserves from turn 2, they won't arrive turn 1 in that scenario

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#4 » Sep 17 2016 09:10

Well, it says "arrive at the start of your next turn". No different interpretation possible in my eyes.

Man, I just realized it calls ALL reserves not only the formation's reserves.
I like Pathfinders and yeah also XV25s. But I love the OSC more. And 4 units of Stealth Suits are too much.

Ell'ran
Shas'Vre

Post#5 » Sep 20 2016 04:18

Scoju wrote:I do believe this had been FAQ'd to suggest you only automatically pass the reserves roll, which would mean that because you can only start rolling for reserves from turn 2, they won't arrive turn 1 in that scenario

Can you please provide a source for that? I've scoured the FAQ and couldn't find anything.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Sep 21 2016 01:56

Ell'ran wrote:
Scoju wrote:I do believe this had been FAQ'd to suggest you only automatically pass the reserves roll, which would mean that because you can only start rolling for reserves from turn 2, they won't arrive turn 1 in that scenario

Can you please provide a source for that? I've scoured the FAQ and couldn't find anything.

It's the first time i'm hearing about this as well and i've read all the draft FAQs so far. Of course it's possible that i completely missed or forgot that one but i doubt it since i plan to use the Infiltration Cadre as one of my armys main elements after all.

Vector Strike
Shas'La

Post#7 » Sep 21 2016 11:23

The FAQs say nothing about passing the reserve roll. It says your reserves (so, that includes even non-Tau stuff) will come automatically at the start of your next turn.

Scoju
Shas

Post#8 » Sep 21 2016 12:27

I seemed to have my FAQs mixed up.
Sorry guys. I haven't found what I was referencing in the offical GW FAQs. Could very easily have been in a tournament / state FAQ instead.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”