Kill teams and Guardian drones

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'La

Kill teams and Guardian drones

Post#1 » Nov 12 2016 10:04

How do Guardian drones work in games of kill team. Do they offer the protection to the whole unit despite coherency or does the field only protect the drones them selves? I'm presuming that they would effect the whole unit the same as soul blaze would work against an enemy... I think! But I feel I'm just looking for ways to play the rule how I'd want it to be and can't find a real ruling either way. Thank you in advance for any help and insight into the matter.

nic
Kroot'La

Re: Kill teams and Guardian drones

Post#2 » Nov 12 2016 11:00

In Kill Team every model is its own unit - there are no other models in the same unit as the Guardian Drone therefore no other models gain an Invulnerable save. It is essentially useless in Kill Team.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#3 » Nov 12 2016 11:50

Didn't one of the last KT ruleset says that "unit effect" works in KT but only at 3'' around the model ?

For some models this could be nice to have an use for them. But until GW fixes all rules to separate "give X to the team" from "give X to all model in the team", KT will have useless units like that one.

You can agree with your opponent to use this kind of AoE rule before building a list if you want.
Get a 6 with six dice?
Mathhammer: 100%
Stathammer: 67%

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'La

Post#4 » Nov 12 2016 08:08

Fair enough. I decided to edge my bets and not take the drones anyway, but it would be nice to an have official ruling for the future. Breacher teams are just plain nasty in kill team games! It's the first time I've really used them in anger before and I have to say as much as the aggressive play style felt wrong for Tau it was super effective.
Last edited by Shas'O Darklighter on Nov 13 2016 05:57, edited 1 time in total.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La

Post#5 » Nov 13 2016 05:52

We probably won't see official rules coming down the pipe with this game mode. In truth, there's no too many conflicts in this version of the game, although it could use a good balance tweak.

Whenever complications like this arise, I always like to refer to unofficial groups and how they call it. It's helpful in that it shows how other people are playing it, and it gives you an idea of how you can use it.

As always, talk with your opponent before the game. Maybe even make a list with and without just in case. I think most people will accept it honestly.

Technomagier
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Nov 16 2016 03:11

Kael'yn wrote:Didn't one of the last KT ruleset says that "unit effect" works in KT but only at 3'' around the model ?
[...]

Not in the GW Kill Team. The HoR Kill Team Ruleset does the 3" bubble.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”