Starting Again - Looking For Advice On Expansion

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
OJCorbs
Shas'La
Shas'La

Starting Again - Looking For Advice On Expansion

Post#1 » Jan 31 2017 08:04

Hey everyone, come back to Tau after very many years away (back when Stealthsuits were metal and Broadsides were the biggest battlesuit)

I so far have a start collecting box and two broadsides, with another start collecting, pathfinders and a devilfish on the way.

My question is where do I go next? I'm considering a Stealth Cadre or possibly adding firepower via some Riptides.

Also wondering which bitz represent the Command & Control Node and the Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite, these bitz don't appear to be in the Crisis kit, are they in the Commander kit?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Aj'T'au
Shas'Saal

Re: Starting Again - Looking For Advice On Expansion

Post#2 » Jan 31 2017 11:32

Welcome back! I am a huge fan of the old metal stealth suits myself. I'm not a very experienced Tau commander, so I can't tell you with any certainty on how to expand your force. I usually just get whatever I think looks coolest and then try to make formations with what I have or buy the missing pieces I need to make them.

As far as the bitz your are referring to, there aren't any that are specifically those two. You could always custom make the parts or use another bit as it. I don't think anyone would question it as long as it wasn't a gun. :)

Dal'yth Shas'len'ra
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Jan 31 2017 11:40

Where you go next really depends on what type of army you want to play, and how competitive you want to be. If you want to play in a lot of tournaments, then definitely an optimized stealth cadre and riptides are the way to go. Otherwise just get the models that look interesting or have rules that you like.

I don't think any of the signature systems have actual bits, but if you want to model them you could use another piece or custom make them.

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 31 2017 01:26

That is the only bit that isn't really in any of the other Crisis suit boxes. But honestly like everyone says it doesn't matter really.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jan 31 2017 01:37

Ifrit wrote:Image

That is the only bit that isn't really in any of the other Crisis suit boxes. But honestly like everyone says it doesn't matter really.

Nah there are other bits as well. The AFP and the CIB for example.

Return to “Archival Datacore”