Ethreal storm of fire rule

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Ethreal storm of fire rule

Post#1 » Feb 03 2017 02:35

Ok soooooo.... here I go , sorry if it's been covered to death somewhere but I did search the question first and gained no answers.
Storm of fire- extra shot with Pulse weapons at half range . Ok straight foward but does this double on rapid fire. As rapid fire weapons fire twice at half range so do we play this as rapid fire ( two shots standard)plus 1 extra shot per model.
I've played this as the literal 3 shots like stated but am I looking into this too much .

Also it states invocation of the elements starts on ethreals movement phase and ends on his next movement phase so does this mean over watch as well as this would be in the right time frame.
Why have I overlooked ethreals in the past!

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Ethreal storm of fire rule

Post#2 » Feb 03 2017 03:54

Extra shot is extra shot. Not twice the shots. So even at Rapid Fire range you get only one additional shot per model. ;)

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 03 2017 03:55

I don't understand what you are asking, or if you are even asking anything. Pulse rifles that are boosted by Storm of Fire shoot 3 shots at half range, 1 shot at full range. If you use a Fireblade at the same time, it's 4 shots at half range and 2 at full range. Works great on a Gunrig (4+ cover, can move, reroll 1s to hit). Applies to Overwatch as well.

Ricordis
Shas'La

Post#4 » Feb 05 2017 10:53

And to your second question: Yes, you may add another shot on overwatch as long as the enemy trying to assault you is inside half your weapons range.
Well...15"...they should. But consider the range on frienldy units giving Supporting Fire.

Remember: Cadre Fireblade's Volley Fire only works in your own shooting phase, not while overwatch.

Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 07 2017 11:42

Thanks for the response guys,I know I probably didn't word the question well but you answered it spot on anyways.

I think I should invest in a fireblade but it might be wasted if I'm only taking 3 squads of 6 fire warriors in my current list. If you guys take him how many firewarriors do you tend to take for a gun line?

Thanks for the response guys

Return to “Rules & FAQ”