Neuroweb System Jammer vs Vehicles

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Neuroweb System Jammer vs Vehicles

Post#1 » Feb 14 2017 06:34

I'm a bit fuzzy on how this works vs vehicles, particularly high AV vehicles that use a weapon with mid-range STR
I'm referring to a Leman Russ Punisher
(avoiding posting actual stats).

Could someone explain this to me? I haven't fought many vehicles since 4ed
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Re: Neuroweb System Jammer vs Vehicles

Post#2 » Feb 14 2017 07:40

Just read "Get Hot" special rule.
A vehicle instead rolls a D6 for each roll of a 1 to hit. On a roll of a 1, 2 or 3 it suffers a glancing hit.

It is simple and Strength of the weapon is irrelevant. Just number of shots matters

SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 14 2017 09:39

Thanks!

I'm lacking a rulebook at the moment
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Feb 17 2017 02:25

So the vehicle fires. Any one that is rolled is a Gets Hot! Count up those ones.

Now the player rolls that many dice. If they are a 1,2,3 it suffers a glancing hit.

This is actually pretty significant. The neroweb is quite dangerous to vehicles that can put out a lot of hits such as the leman Russ punisher variant.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 17 2017 08:14

AnonAmbientLight wrote:So the vehicle fires. Any one that is rolled is a Gets Hot! Count up those ones.

Now the player rolls that many dice. If they are a 1,2,3 it suffers a glancing hit.

This is actually pretty significant. The neroweb is quite dangerous to vehicles that can put out a lot of hits such as the leman Russ punisher variant.

Not as dangerous as one might think though since you have to be pretty close and on average the Punisher still only loses about 1,5 hullpoints. Good enough for 2 points but nothing to build any form of strategy around it. Especially not against vehicle with way less shots (read as: most other vehicels).

Val'Sitsor
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 17 2017 09:30

There is other way to use it. Still not reliable, but sometimes usefull. Blast weapons with Get Hots doesn't fire on a roll of 1. So it is 1\6 chance avoid that nasty D-blast or something if you get cloise to it by some reason

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#7 » Feb 17 2017 10:14

I think my main problem with it is that usually if you are that close with a unit that actually wants to be that close to enemy tanks they are very likely to destroy them that turn anyway. It's pretty rare to face a list with multiple shooty tank units and the ones you are going to face won't get stopped by it at all normally.

Nontheless it's a fun little gimmick and not exactly wrong for 2p. Probably gonna use it on a Fusionblade Commander eventually. Too bad the Coldstar can't use Signature Systems. :D

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#8 » Feb 19 2017 03:57

It is worth putting it on your commander whenever points and role allow.

How good it is depends on the target you choose. Using it on a Leman Russ tank with a single blast shot may not have much effect but a Leman Russ tank with the Gatling gun (that fires 20 shots) could do significant damage. It even works against Super Heavies as far as I can tell.

For 2 points it is probably one of the best upgrades in the game.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Feb 19 2017 04:00

AnonAmbientLight wrote:It is worth putting it on your commander whenever points and role allow.

How good it is depends on the target you choose. Using it on a Leman Russ tank with a single blast shot may not have much effect but a Leman Russ tank with the Gatling gun (that fires 20 shots) could do significant damage. It even works against Super Heavies as far as I can tell.

For 2 points it is probably one of the best upgrades in the game.

I agree.
Just for the sake of god please don't expect it to win you games. It has about the same impact as putting precision shots on your Crisis (a little bit more against the best targets but usually less). :D

fraction64
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 26 2017 11:01

Well less good if you can't take any other sig systems on that commander. Then you would probably want to throw it on another character.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Feb 27 2017 05:05

The HQ Commander Battlesuit can take as many signature systems as points allow.

The only suit that is limited would be the Crisis Suit Shas'vre. They can take signature systems but are restricted to a total of three upgrades. This includes their weapons and support systems.

Return to “Archival Datacore”