Strike Team with Cadre Fireblade and Ethereal shooting question

A review of Rules of Engagement from earlier encounters.
Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Strike Team with Cadre Fireblade and Ethereal shooting question

Post#1 » Apr 20 2017 06:53

Hi folks. I'm pretty new in WH40K and I still didn't played it, just HoR Kill Team. I'm just brainstorming about some unites and stuff to use in WH40K and got a question:

If a Cadre Fireblade is added to a Strike Team and an Ethereal gives them Storm of Fire, and the whole unit didn't moved, is it possible then that all the Fire Warriors and the Fireblade shots 4 times if the target is at 15" and closer? Two times for Rapid Fire, one more for Fireblade Volley Fire ability and once more for the Ethereal Storm of Fire ability.

It sound crazy so I think it's better to ask here :)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Strike Team with Cadre Fireblade and Ethereal shooting question

Post#2 » Apr 20 2017 07:05

That's right.
And yes it's a lot of dakka. But keep in mind that it's a rather squishy unit that still only hits about 50% of their shots without Markerlight Support and can't punch through any half decent armor. And you have to have your two HQ choices pretty close to that one unit/attached to that unit to do that.

Since you are new to wh40k I recommend reading the Tau tactic page on 1d4chan. It's written in a half serious tone but it's usually right with what it says about the units. ;)

Studioworks
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Apr 20 2017 07:45

I see. Thank you very much Panzer. I will read it.

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Apr 22 2017 02:32

I might be wrong. I don't have my codex in front of me, but I'm fairly sure that one of those extra shots, I think the Ethereal one, must be done with Rapid Fire.
The days of goodly English is went

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Apr 22 2017 04:45

Bloodknife92 wrote:I might be wrong. I don't have my codex in front of me, but I'm fairly sure that one of those extra shots, I think the Ethereal one, must be done with Rapid Fire.

Not specifically Rapid Fire, but at half range (so it works with Pulse Carbines as well). Hence why he said at 15" or less. ;)

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Apr 22 2017 05:52

Ah yes, I stand corrected. Thank you for the clarification.
The days of goodly English is went

Return to “Archival Datacore”