Forgeworld FAQ is up

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Forgeworld FAQ is up

Post#1 » Jul 15 2017 01:52

https://17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netd ... er_1.0.pdf

Shield drones get 5+ FNP:
R’varna Battlesuit Add the following to the end of the MV52 Shield Generator and Shield Generator abilities:‘In addition, roll a D6 each time a Drone with this ability loses a wound; on a 5+ that Drone does not lose a wound.’

But it’s only listed under the r’varna....wot? Does this translate to all other shield drones? Does this apply if people are against forgeworld models? So many questions.

Y’vahra is now end of movement for “escape thrust”.

Bunch more obviously.

Xanrag
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Forgeworld FAQ is up

Post#2 » Jul 15 2017 01:56

It still only applies to the specific shield- and shielded missile drones specified since there no longer are any general keywords but everything is on a unit basis.

I would not be surprised if they added it to the next general 40k FAQ though. In fact I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I can probably convince my gaming group to go with the new wording for other shield drones since it makes sense.

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 15 2017 01:59

Xanrag wrote:It still only applies to the specific shield- and shielded missile drones specified since there no longer are any general keywords but everything is on a unit basis.

I would not be surprised if they added it to the next general 40k FAQ though. In fact I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I can probably convince my gaming group to go with the new wording for other shield drones since it makes sense.

Except the r’varna can’t take mv52 drones....

Xanrag
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jul 15 2017 02:06

Maxwell wrote:Except the r’varna can’t take mv52 drones....

The Y'vahra can though and it is part of the same rule change. (Page 45 and 46)

Edit: .. mixing them up. One of them can take M52:s anyway. The Y'vahra in this case.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jul 15 2017 05:24

Ralai's drones got fixed, and he got a photon caster, AND a drone controller, AND blacklights cost even less than regular markers now.
Yea, I'm happy with him now. very happy.

Even with his somewhat questionable firepower, I can't NOT take him. no need for under-strength shenanigans either.

Tigershark just got the ability to shoot, no strings attached. nice.

Hammerhead variants cost fixed. that's good. should run the numbers on them and see how doing they are in the cost/effect ratio.

Knarlacs are coming, for the people using flithy kroot....

A shame they did nothing with tetras and drone turrets-the high intensity markerlight is still rather poor.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jul 15 2017 06:19

So... since the shield drone has a 5+ FnP, doesn't that mean that shooting at it directly gives it a 4++ then the 5+++ making shooting at them directly even less likely to remove them?

Jefffar
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Jul 15 2017 06:28

Other than the lack of fix for High Intensity Markerlights, I think there's no faults to be found in this FAQ.

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jul 15 2017 06:32

boomwolf wrote:AND blacklights cost even less than regular markers now.

This is incorrect. It’s drone (7) plus ML (3). So they are equal.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#9 » Jul 15 2017 06:36

Maxwell wrote:
boomwolf wrote:AND blacklights cost even less than regular markers now.

This is incorrect. It’s drone (7) plus ML (3). So they are equal.

Yea, forgot FW drones do not have gear included in costs.

QimRas wrote:So... since the shield drone has a 5+ FnP, doesn't that mean that shooting at it directly gives it a 4++ then the 5+++ making shooting at them directly even less likely to remove them?

Yes, but why on earth would anyone target them directly?

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Jul 15 2017 06:51

boomwolf wrote:
QimRas wrote:So... since the shield drone has a 5+ FnP, doesn't that mean that shooting at it directly gives it a 4++ then the 5+++ making shooting at them directly even less likely to remove them?

Yes, but why on earth would anyone target them directly?

Well, I plan to stick one in with a Guardian Drone for my Strike Teams and with my Pathfinder Drones. So they are welcome to try and punch through the Shield Drone(s) to get to the Pulse Accelerator.

Vector Strike
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#11 » Jul 15 2017 08:11

It's good to be proven wrong on this matter: Kroot stuff will get rules in the future. I hope they get good and balanced rules.

Mostly pleased with Tau changes. Some stuff remain, though:

- Y'vhara Nova'ing 1 or 2 weapons
- High-intensity markerlight is hot garbage
- R'varna costing 1 PL less than a Y'vhara, but more than 30p than the latter
- XV9 Hazard keeping their T5 from 7th, when every other battlesuit got a Toughenss upgrade in 8th
- Tigershark Fighter-Bomber having Ld7 while the AX-1-0 has 8 (why the difference? They're exactly the same model with different upgrades)
- Heavy Gun Drones missing Stable Platform and their own markerlights not helping the unit
- R'alai EMP weapon and Y'vahra's Ionic Discharge Cannon still have wonky 'haywire' rules (worse than any other in the game)

That aside, really liking their attention to the questions people have been sending them!

boomwolf wrote:A shame they did nothing with tetras and drone turrets-the high intensity markerlight is still rather poor.

IIRC, remote sensor drones only fired 1 ML shot, so the new HIML is a bonus for them.
I agree with Tetras, though.

boomwolf wrote:yes, but why on earth would anyone target them directly?

Because it's easier to remove a T4 4++/5+++ than a T7 2+/5++ model :)
Also, they will be prone to morale and less drones = less wounds to be passed to them

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#12 » Jul 15 2017 09:25

Vector Strike wrote:It's good to be proven wrong on this matter: Kroot stuff will get rules in the future. I hope they get good and balanced rules.

Mostly pleased with Tau changes. Some stuff remain, though:

- Y'vhara Nova'ing 1 or 2 weapons
- High-intensity markerlight is hot garbage
- R'varna costing 1 PL less than a Y'vhara, but more than 30p than the latter
- XV9 Hazard keeping their T5 from 7th, when every other battlesuit got a Toughenss upgrade in 8th
- Tigershark Fighter-Bomber having Ld7 while the AX-1-0 has 8 (why the difference? They're exactly the same model with different upgrades)
- Heavy Gun Drones missing Stable Platform and their own markerlights not helping the unit
- R'alai EMP weapon and Y'vahra's Ionic Discharge Cannon still have wonky 'haywire' rules (worse than any other in the game)

That aside, really liking their attention to the questions people have been sending them!

Yea, seems like they missed a few things there, but at least its some progress.

Vector Strike wrote:
boomwolf wrote:A shame they did nothing with tetras and drone turrets-the high intensity markerlight is still rather poor.

IIRC, remote sensor drones only fired 1 ML shot, so the new HIML is a bonus for them.
I agree with Tetras, though.

The turret's reroll of 1s didnt use to overlap with markerlights though, its better in generation marks, but with just 1 mark, it used to do more.

Vector Strike wrote:
boomwolf wrote:yes, but why on earth would anyone target them directly?

Because it's easier to remove a T4 4++/5+++ than a T7 2+/5++ model :)
Also, they will be prone to morale and less drones = less wounds to be passed to them

Yea, guess they are. got overly hyped from the "but mortal wounds" for a minute there...

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#13 » Jul 17 2017 02:53

Shadowsun uses the same shield drones so this is pretty exciting for me. Also, the FAQ changes the abilities "shield generator" and "mv52 shield generator" so I think it might carry over to all other shield gens. It doesn't grant fnp to suits because it checks if its a drone before making the fnp roll.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Jul 17 2017 02:57

DominayTrix wrote:Shadowsun uses the same shield drones so this is pretty exciting for me. Also, the FAQ changes the abilities "shield generator" and "mv52 shield generator" so I think it might carry over to all other shield gens. It doesn't grant fnp to suits because it checks if its a drone before making the fnp roll.

FW and GW rules don't mix. Just because a FW Shield Drone has a FnP rule it doesn't mean the same Drone from GW rules has hat special rule.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Jul 17 2017 03:24

Panzer wrote:
DominayTrix wrote:Shadowsun uses the same shield drones so this is pretty exciting for me. Also, the FAQ changes the abilities "shield generator" and "mv52 shield generator" so I think it might carry over to all other shield gens. It doesn't grant fnp to suits because it checks if its a drone before making the fnp roll.

FW and GW rules don't mix. Just because a FW Shield Drone has a FnP rule it doesn't mean the same Drone from GW rules has hat special rule.

Hopefully though this is a sign of things to come! I know lots of people wrote to GW about the (accidental?) Shield Drone nerf, so it could be something they'll fix with the next FAQ.

Panzer
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jul 17 2017 03:48

Oh yeah I hope GW follows those changes for sure but we'll have to wait and see.

DominayTrix
Shas

Post#17 » Jul 17 2017 01:55

Panzer wrote:

Its literally the same drone though down to name and everything. The point cost is not even listed in the FW index for MV52 shield drones. They are the either the same ones as the GW ones or they have no point cost. Same for the shielded missile drones. If you look at the xv9s it says use the GW index:xenos 2. While I'm not sure if this applies to basic shield drones, it definitely covers mv52 and shielded missile drones.

boomwolf
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#18 » Jul 17 2017 04:14

Yes, its probably an upcoming change in the next GW set of FAQs as well.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”