Photon Grenades -- What's the Point?

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Re: Photon Grenades -- What's the Point?

Post#19 » Sep 02 2017 07:06

1ofmany wrote:Oke Panzer, so if I get lucky one unit D6 grenade. roll a 6...... 6 dice rol and then 2X a 6 so opponent unit -2 to hit ore 1 unit can only generat only -1 to hit modifier ever with grenade .

Just for the clarification:)

Thanks

From the rules:
“...INFANTRY units that have suffered any hits from photon grenades until the end of the turn.”

It def does not stack at all. As evidenced by “suffered ANY hits”.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Sep 02 2017 07:31

Maxwell wrote:
1ofmany wrote:Oke Panzer, so if I get lucky one unit D6 grenade. roll a 6...... 6 dice rol and then 2X a 6 so opponent unit -2 to hit ore 1 unit can only generat only -1 to hit modifier ever with grenade .

Thanks

From the rules:
“...INFANTRY units that have suffered any hits from photon grenades until the end of the turn.”

It def does not stack at all. As evidenced by “suffered ANY hits”.

What Maxwell said. I knew I forgot something. Overwatching with multiple grenades simply increases the chance to get a hit with it.
Sorry, my bad. ^^

1ofmany
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Sep 02 2017 08:59

@ Panzer,

Sorry, my bad
no problem as long the rule is used correctly and in the end the rules ar clear :)

Thanks

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#22 » Sep 02 2017 10:29

Thanks

The chances of getting a successful D6 grenade hit in overwatch is 44.5%, so it isn't that lucky to score it...

Maxwell
Shas'Saal

Post#23 » Sep 02 2017 05:20

I once rolled 27 dice on a stormsurge overwatch and got one six. That has no relation to this thread but....I’m still mad.

Gragagrogog
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#24 » Sep 02 2017 05:56

Maxwell wrote:I once rolled 27 dice on a stormsurge overwatch and got one six. That has no relation to this thread but....I’m still mad.

That wouldn't be such a rare event... (1/6)*((5/6)^26)*27 ... 3.9% chance.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”