Untouchable ghostkeels

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Untouchable ghostkeels

Post#19 » Nov 03 2017 12:08

Nymphomanius wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Bloodknife92 wrote:The Alaitoc Craftworld power does the same thing: -1 to hit from more than 12" away. It seems like a fairly common thing for GW to put in codices nowdays. I just hope that not every army gets it, because that'll pretty much be the bane of us.

AM and Tyranids didn't get it at least. And GK didn't either though they already are a subfaction so they're a special case.

I don't think we will get it either would be too strong on an army designed to stay at distance at all times.
Though tyranids did get unlimited cover regardless of unit type so 2+ carnifex yay :P

Except that our most efficient weapons operate within 18" and the most iconic T'au unit is all about dropping in and blasting something away. We do have some weapons with quite nice range, but overall our army is rather short ranged if we want to be good. ;)

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Nov 03 2017 12:18

Panzer wrote:
Nymphomanius wrote:
Panzer wrote:AM and Tyranids didn't get it at least. And GK didn't either though they already are a subfaction so they're a special case.

I don't think we will get it either would be too strong on an army designed to stay at distance at all times.
Though tyranids did get unlimited cover regardless of unit type so 2+ carnifex yay :P

Except that our most efficient weapons operate within 18" and the most iconic T'au unit is all about dropping in and blasting something away. We do have some weapons with quite nice range, but overall our army is rather short ranged if we want to be good. ;)

Right that's my point though 18>12 :D

We want to be 13-18" away at all times, ideally 15-18" as that's reasonably out of most units likely charge distance.

Though noone knows what Sept rules we are going to get, if you asked me to write 10 possible sept rules I could and 2-3 of them may actually get rules but I won't pretend to know which ones :D

Which reminds me, more tyranids info should be out about now :P

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Nov 03 2017 03:04

Nymphomanius wrote:
Panzer wrote:
Nymphomanius wrote:

We want to be 13-18" away at all times, ideally 15-18" as that's reasonably out of most units likely charge distance.

Though noone knows what Sept rules we are going to get, if you asked me to write 10 possible sept rules I could and 2-3 of them may actually get rules but I won't pretend to know which ones :D

Yeah but that having to be in that 6" is far from strong or else the Ghostkeel would be strong too. Also a lot of our weapons are below 18", like Rapid Fire Pulse Rifles, Flamer, Plasma Rifle and Gun Drones with a Fireblade nearby. 18" is just the biggest range where some of our weapons are still good (Pulse Carbines and CIB). ;)

Nymphomanius
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Nov 03 2017 03:34

Panzer wrote:
Nymphomanius wrote:
Panzer wrote:Except that our most efficient weapons operate within 18" and the most iconic T'au unit is all about dropping in and blasting something away. We do have some weapons with quite nice range, but overall our army is rather short ranged if we want to be good. ;)

Yeah but that having to be in that 6" is far from strong or else the Ghostkeel would be strong too. Also a lot of our weapons are below 18", like Rapid Fire Pulse Rifles, Flamer, Plasma Rifle and Gun Drones with a Fireblade nearby. 18" is just the biggest range where some of our weapons are still good (Pulse Carbines and CIB). ;)

Well we'll see what happens, I'd love to do a thread on Sept predictions and thoughts but I think it's too close to wishlisting

Return to “Rules & FAQ”