Can I overcharge my Riptide's Nova Reactor twice a turn?

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Haechi
Shas'Saal

Can I overcharge my Riptide's Nova Reactor twice a turn?

Post#1 » Sep 20 2017 07:29

Hello,

Title is self-explanatory. Can I do it? And take two mortal wounds of course.

Thank you

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Can I overcharge my Riptide's Nova Reactor twice a turn?

Post#2 » Sep 20 2017 07:40

Haechi wrote:Hello,

Title is self-explanatory. Can I do it? And take two mortal wounds of course.

Thank you

To the extent of my knowledge, when you use the Nova Reactor you get to pick an ability for the duration of the turn. Think of it like turning a switch on and off- you can't turn it on again without first turning it off. Likewise with the Nova Reactor, once it's "on" you can't turn it "on" again. At least until your next turn.

Haechi
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 20 2017 09:12

What I mean is, can you activate it twice in the same movement phase, take two mortal wound, and choose two different Nova abilities?

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Sep 20 2017 09:22

Rule in question: "In your Movement phase you can choose to use a Riptide Shas'vre's Nova Reactor. If you do, the Riptide Shas'vre suffers a mortal wound. Choose one of the following effects to last until the beginning of your next turn:" followed by the list.

This verbage says you can choose to turn the Reactor on. If you turn it on you take a wound and pick one effect.

Like Arka said, this is a binary choice, and the rule doesn't leave room for using the reactor more than once in a turn. Its either on, or its off. If its on, you take a wound and pick one effect.

So no. You can not use it more than once per turn to get multiple effects.

Blinx
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 20 2017 09:23

Well the rule says
In your movement phase you can choose to use... If you do, the Riptide Shas'vre suffers a mortal wound.'

To me, this says that your only option is whether you use it or not and that you can't activate it multiple times.
You don't actually get a choice of activating it any number of times, it's purely if you do or don't.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”