Tiger-shark and Macro

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Tiger-shark and Macro

Post#1 » Oct 25 2017 09:53

The ASX-100 whatever variant of the Tigershark has a rule that allows it to move and fire macro weapons.

Question: Can it advance and fire macro weapons?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Tiger-shark and Macro

Post#2 » Oct 26 2017 04:29

Move and advance are two different things, so no.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Oct 26 2017 08:07

Core rule:
"..A unit that Advances can't shoot or charge later that turn"

and only Assault weapons overrules this:
"A model with an Assault weapon can fire even if it Advanced earlier that turn.."

So any other weapon has to have an explicit over rule. And as far as I know Macro weapons don't have that.

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Oct 26 2017 10:00

Unless of course you use Mont'ka on the Tigershark. In which case then it can "Advance and shoot as if it hadn't moved."

Cheers!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 26 2017 10:44

shasocastris wrote:Unless of course you use Mont'ka on the Tigershark. In which case then it can "Advance and shoot as if it hadn't moved."

Cheers!

This would be really cinematic! The Commander, on the ground, points dramatically toward the foe as the Tigershark roars overhead. "Go, plane!"

shasocastris
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Oct 26 2017 06:58

Arka0415 wrote:This would be really cinematic! The Commander, on the ground, points dramatically toward the foe as the Tigershark roars overhead. "Go, plane!"

That is some neat imagery. I was actually thinking about the tactical benefits of this, since the AX-1-0 has a rule that prevents it from being shot at by anything that's not heavy or macro if it advances. I'm assuming that said rule will pass to the Fighter-Bomber as well, and it would be a cool rule to exploit. *Flies over some meltaguns and laughs.*

Cheers!

Emberkahn
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 26 2017 09:26

The reason I asked is that when the Tiger-shark advances it can't be targeted by assault weapons; if it could advance and fire macro it would be very strong.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”