Doubt about FNP

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Klapaucius87
Shas'Saal

Doubt about FNP

Post#1 » Nov 07 2017 10:35

I always played rolling feel no pain effects in a certain way, but something i read here give me doubt if i was doing it the right way.
So the question is:

I roll a dice for every unsaved wound or for every damage?

Let's say the unit receive 2 wounds for a total of 5 damage. I roll 2 dice or i roll 5?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Doubt about FNP

Post#2 » Nov 07 2017 10:43

You roll FnP-like abilities for every damage the model suffers. So if a Lascannon does 4 damage you roll 4 FnP rolls for that one model.

Harkus959
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Nov 07 2017 11:48

Yeah, it does apply to damage taken rather than wounds suffered.

Shield drones and saviour protocols can make things funky though, so it's worth taking a look at this using examples.

Example 1:

A shield drone is shot by a lascannon and fails its invulnerable save. The opponent then rolls a D6 for damage, and inflicts four damage on the shield drone. The drone must then make FOUR feel no pain saves to survive, one for each point of damage.

Example 2:

A crisis suit is shot by a lascannon and is successfully wounded. You use saviour protocols to transfer this to a nearby shield drone. This is done before making any saves or rolling for damage, as specified by the saviour protocols rule. Now, when using saviour protocols, the shield drone does not take the damage that the crisis suit would have suffered but instead suffers a single mortal wound. This will only inflict one damage, and as such, the shield drone only needs to make a single FNP save.

So yeah, it's one FNP save per point of damage taken, just make sure you remember how much damage the unit is actually taking.

Hope that helps :)

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Nov 07 2017 06:17

One more thing- remember that models with only one wound can take more than one point of damage. So if a Plague Marine takes a 4-damage Lascannon hit, he'd need to roll four "FNP" saves, but if he failed even one he'd be destroyed.

Klapaucius87
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 07 2017 07:07

Great. I played it wrong until now :sad:

Thk to everyone

Return to “Rules & FAQ”