Forgeworld Rules Index outdated (or am I wrong?)

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Kerrygan
Shas

Forgeworld Rules Index outdated (or am I wrong?)

Post#1 » Nov 09 2017 08:51

Hello... I have the feeling that the "Forgeworld Rules Index" topic is a little out of date...

I wish to help, but I'm fairly new to Tau and didn't know much to collaborate with an updated version.

QimRas
Shas'Saal

Re: Forgeworld Rules Index outdated (or am I wrong?)

Post#2 » Nov 09 2017 09:02

The thread you are referencing is about the previous edition.

If you are playing 8th edition, all Forgeworld rules are printed in the Imperial Armor: Xenos Index book.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#3 » Nov 09 2017 09:37

There are loads of topics that are out-of-date on ATT. When our real Codex comes out, we're going to have lots of work to do updating it.

melaniros
Shas

Post#4 » Nov 22 2017 11:50

About that... are the forgeworld units alliwed to play at matched play or in such tournaments? Or the opponent has to agreed first??

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 22 2017 12:44

melaniros wrote:About that... are the forgeworld units alliwed to play at matched play or in such tournaments? Or the opponent has to agreed first??

Totally free to use in most formats of tournaments. Many of them if they have restrictions will state "nothing over PL 18" or some arbitrary number and not be very restrictive on FW products. Sometimes it's one entry from FW allowed or things like that. Depends on who is hosting.

Raikoh067
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Nov 22 2017 02:53

And don't listen to people who say Forgeworld is OP and should be banned. They make some powerful models, but they also usually cost a ton of points too. Normal GW stuff has it's powerful things just as much as FW. If the commander was a FW unit, everybody would cry that's it's OP and shouldn't be allowed, for example.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”