XV25 Target Lock and others Support System

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

XV25 Target Lock and others Support System

Post#1 » Dec 30 2017 04:27

Hello, me again with another silly question. But I'm not sure if I'm understanding the text correctly.
In the XV25's Wargear options, states that "Any Stealth Shas'ui or Stealth Shas'vre may take a single item from the Support Systems list."
All clear.
And then says: "The Shas'vre may take a markerlight and target lock."
I understand that the Shas'vre can take both target lock AND another Support System. If not this way, why bother with this entry?
So a Shas'vre "full equip" may have:
(Burst Cannon or Fusion Blaster) + (markerlight) + (target lock) + (support system).
Is this correct?

And I have another question: why the "Abilities" entry have the target lock description? I mean, the target lock is optional, as are the others Supports System. Why put the whole target lock description? Why not the markerlight rules? Or others Systems?

Thank you in advance.

GND
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: XV25 Target Lock and others Support System

Post#2 » Dec 30 2017 07:03

Yes, you can have a Stealth Shas'Vre with markerlight, target lock and an additional support system.

As for why the ability is spelled out on the data sheet - we can only guess. I assume it's meant to satisfy the "have as much much rules as possible on the data sheet" philosophy and since Target Lock is mentioned by name, they put the rules for it there. Other systems aren't named so they are not there, and markerlights are a kind of "faction" rule together with For the Greater Good so they are not spelled out on individual data sheets.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Dec 30 2017 10:15

Yeah, consider the "Markerlight and Target Lock" to be unique piece of stick-on wargear that does not take a Support System slot.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Dec 31 2017 12:46

GW wording can sometimes be tricky. In general things can be read like people are suggesting.

Both the "one from support systems" and a marker light and target lock" are two different things. It is not a one or the other command or else it would have said so.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Shas'O Ora
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 31 2017 07:20

So do I have to take both or nothing? Marker light and target lock together or can I only take one of both, too?

Thank you for your help.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Dec 31 2017 07:41

Shas'O Ora wrote:So do I have to take both or nothing? Marker light and target lock together or can I only take one of both, too?

Thank you for your help.

You have three options:

1. You take a System. This still allows you to take a Markerlight and Target Lock, but takes a System slot.
2. You can take a Markerlight and Target Lock as one piece of wargear. You would still have an open System slot.
3. You take a single Target Lock. This is not the same as a Markerlight and Target Lock, and takes a System slot.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”