Flamers in 8th Ed

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Flamers in 8th Ed

Post#1 » Jan 06 2018 12:48

I've been looking through the main rulebook and FAQ's and can't find what I'm unsure about, about flamers. Can someone help pleaese?

a) Flamers hit automatically after generating d6 attacks. But what happens when you are using them for overwatch and the chargers are charging from 8" or less distance? Do I need to roll a 6 to hit with each attack or are they still automatic hits?

b) Flamethrowers were invented in WW2 to deal with bunkers and buildings to flush out infantry from them. In previous versions of 40K flamers could effect troops inside bunkers and bastions, but I can't find reference to this anywhere in 8thEd. ??

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Re: Flamers in 8th Ed

Post#2 » Jan 06 2018 12:59

K'Pokk wrote:a) Flamers hit automatically after generating d6 attacks. But what happens when you are using them for overwatch and the chargers are charging from 8" or less distance? Do I need to roll a 6 to hit with each attack or are they still automatic hits?

They hit automatically, even in overwatch.

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#3 » Jan 06 2018 04:57

a) For overwatch, the target has to be in range for you to fire. If they are 8in or less when they charge, you then follow the weapon's profile. They are still automatic hits.

b) It no longer does this AFAIK. Narrative play may have some extra options or advance play.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jan 07 2018 01:37

There's nothing on (b) that I can see in the main rulebook or chapter approved.

Odd :-?

AnonAmbientLight
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#5 » Jan 08 2018 02:31

Then it was removed. 7th used to have a special rule for flamers called "No Escape". You would get some kind of benefit for shooting into a structure with flamers.
Sky IS Falling, T'au WILL Suck, Sell Me Your Models

Return to “Rules & FAQ”