Drone Controller

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Aedeeg
Shas'La
Shas'La

Drone Controller

Post#1 » Jan 08 2018 04:09

Just looking for a few clarifications on the Drone controller.

It states that you add 1 to hit rolls but doesn't specify the shooting phase. Does this work in overwatch? Essentially allowing gun drones to hit on 5s or negate a -1 modifier.

Does the Drone controller stack with a Firesight Marksman's Drone Uplink? Giving Sniper Drones +2 to hit in the shooting phase?

Thanks in advance

BibiFloris
Shas

Re: Drone Controller

Post#2 » Jan 08 2018 04:51

Yes drone controller + firesight marksman stack.

Nothing can moedfiy the 6+ overwatch. (Unleash the rule specefies it does modefiey overwatch.)
Butt does it give drones +1 to hit in combat?

FAQ index xenos
Page 137 – Support Systems Change the Drone controller rule to read: ‘Friendly <Sept> Drone units within 6" of any models equipped with a drone controller add one to any hit rolls.’

Yes. Yes it does. Not gamebreaking but nice to keep in mind.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

Lore
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 08 2018 05:01

It states in Index: Xenos 2 that it adds one to ANY hit rolls, so yes it adds to Overwatch as you roll tohit. As it is a different system to the Firesight marksman's uplink they stack but having 3 VX-8s each with a controller within 6" of drones I doubt stack, it wouldn't make sense it would be confusing and detrimental rather than beneficial.
That's what I would argue.

BibiFloris
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 08 2018 05:13

The overwatch rule spececies:"irrespective of the firingmodel’s Ballistic Skill or any modifiers. "
So no it doesn't moddefiy overwatch.
All praise the greater good or fall under its might.
Sorry for all of my English mistakes made and to make.

Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 08 2018 05:14

Lore wrote:It states in Index: Xenos 2 that it adds one to ANY hit rolls, so yes it adds to Overwatch as you roll tohit. As it is a different system to the Firesight marksman's uplink they stack but having 3 VX-8s each with a controller within 6" of drones I doubt stack, it wouldn't make sense it would be confusing and detrimental rather than beneficial.
That's what I would argue.

BRB in the overwatch section specifies that -no- modifiers may be applied to overwatch. Yes, specific rules outclass general rules, but as the drone controller rule isn't specific enough to mention overwatch, the most specific rule to apply here is the overwatch restriction for to-hit modifiers.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”