Silly question about modelling pathfinders

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Ezreon
Shas

Silly question about modelling pathfinders

Post#1 » Jan 16 2018 11:40

So, I just started modelling (my first ever units!) and I don't have ANY T'au players around.
I have two questions: those little additions on top of the pulse carbines are markerlight, right? And I pay 3 points for every one of them, right?

Nowonmai
Shas

Re: Silly question about modelling pathfinders

Post#2 » Jan 16 2018 11:51

Each pathfinder is equipped with a pulse carbine, Markerlight and photon grenades. The pathfinder model costs 5pts and the Markerlight costs 3. 8pts total. Pathfinders are your primary source of markerlights.
When the foe has certainty, confuse it.
When the foe seeks you out, device it
When the foe shows weakness, slay it.

Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 16 2018 07:09

Pathfinders in your index are 8 points and at the top of the page it specifies that this includes the price of their stock wargear. So, pulse carbine, markerlight, and photon grenades are all free to a pathfinder. Yes, the little thing that sits on the top of the pulse carbine is a markerlight. You can find these bits as your markerlight bitz in the fire warrior box to make the shas'ui have a markerlight, and is perfectly interchangeable. If you have a couple dozen fire warriors and want some shas'uis with markerlights for them, a pathfinder box will give you the bitz you need to upgrade some strikers or breachers into markerlight 'ui soldiers.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#4 » Jan 16 2018 07:34

Ezreon wrote:I have two questions: those little additions on top of the pulse carbines are markerlight, right? And I pay 3 points for every one of them, right?

Yeah, and you do need to pay those 3 points whether or not you physically glue the Markerlight on to the Pulse Carbine, so just treat Pathfinders as 8-point models that carry a Markerlight by default.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 16 2018 09:42

Arka0415 wrote:
Ezreon wrote:I have two questions: those little additions on top of the pulse carbines are markerlight, right? And I pay 3 points for every one of them, right?

Yeah, and you do need to pay those 3 points whether or not you physically glue the Markerlight on to the Pulse Carbine, so just treat Pathfinders as 8-point models that carry a Markerlight by default.

I think that if you equip them with say Ion, you pay 5+7, right?
If so, I recommend treat a Path like a 5+3 model.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 16 2018 09:55

Jhi'Myr wrote:Pathfinders in your index are 8 points and at the top of the page it specifies that this includes the price of their stock wargear. So, pulse carbine, markerlight, and photon grenades are all free to a pathfinder. Yes, the little thing that sits on the top of the pulse carbine is a markerlight. You can find these bits as your markerlight bitz in the fire warrior box to make the shas'ui have a markerlight, and is perfectly interchangeable. If you have a couple dozen fire warriors and want some shas'uis with markerlights for them, a pathfinder box will give you the bitz you need to upgrade some strikers or breachers into markerlight 'ui soldiers.

To which index do you refer?
In mine it say 5 plus wargear.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Jan 16 2018 10:02

Kerrygan wrote:I think that if you equip them with say Ion, you pay 5+7, right?

Ezreon's post seemed to suggest that the Markerlight is optional on the Pulse Carbine, which isn't the case. You aren't paying for an "option", you're paying that the model comes with by default. It can be switched out of course though.

StealthKnightSteg
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Jan 17 2018 05:11

Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:I think that if you equip them with say Ion, you pay 5+7, right?

Ezreon's post seemed to suggest that the Markerlight is optional on the Pulse Carbine, which isn't the case. You aren't paying for an "option", you're paying that the model comes with by default. It can be switched out of course though.

So with this in mind, treat is as a 8 point model
Ion pathfinder as a 8 -3 +7 point model
Rail pathfinder as a 8 -3 +22 point model

:biggrin:

Jhi'Myr
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 17 2018 10:13

Kerrygan wrote:To which index do you refer?
In mine it say 5 plus wargear.

Ill double check my index when I get home. I knew I got a missprint but I didnt think it could been that bad.

Lore
Shas

Post#10 » Jan 17 2018 12:09

Index: Xenos 2 states 5+Wargear but has photon grenades & Pulse carbines at +0 so only the +3 markerlight costs, raising the points cost to 8/model, more with rail or ion rifles of course.

If you make rather than buy special models for your Cadre Fireblades they need marker-pulse rifles too so make certain you keep any left unused by selecting rail or ion rifle options.

Ezreon
Shas

Post#11 » Jan 17 2018 09:15

Oh, I got it! Thank you guys.
(I made three Ion rifles as special weapons, so that's covered)

Return to “Rules & FAQ”