Bodyguard Rule

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Bodyguard Rule

Post#1 » Jan 26 2018 10:28

Sorry if this was asked earlier I looked for this question but couldn't find it.

The bodyguard wound transfer wording is different then with drones. I intend to bring out Shadowsun this weekend with some stealth suits so I was curious as to how it actually works. The rule says when shadowsun loses a wound she can potentially pass it off to stealth suit unit if she so chooses. It seems to me that I only lose a wound when damage is applied. So if I got hit my opponent would wound me, then I would get a save, then my opponent rolls damage and then when I am going to lose the wounds I move them over to the stealth suits. So a melta could make me pass over a lot of mortal wounds.

That reading seems so different from the saviour protocols and the way I thought it worked that I feel like I am missing something.
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

JancoBCN
Shas'Saal

Re: Bodyguard Rule

Post#2 » Jan 26 2018 10:37

You understand it correctly.

All those "bodyguard" effects are worded in the same way, and it reminds me to the wording of "Tenacious Survivor" or "Disgustingly Resilient", and in all those cases you do roll AFTER damage is applied (or determined, if the attack comes from a weapon with random Damage characteristic).
All those rules do not care on HOW those wounds are lost, so it would work with mortal wounds as well.

Draaen
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Bodyguard Rule

Post#3 » Jan 26 2018 12:51

Thanks a lot!
All empires fall you just have to know where to push

Return to “Rules & FAQ”