This list is illegal, isn't it?

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

This list is illegal, isn't it?

Post#1 » Jan 31 2018 09:26

I was looking at the Tau lists over on Blood of Kittens' 8th Edition Top Army List Compendium, and I was looking at this list when something weird caught my eye.

All of the dude's stealth teams have 2 homing beacons each, though I think you can only take 1 per team. And after doublechecking the math, I think his stealth teams are about 10 points cheaper than they should be for x2 homing beacons, as well.

But this was a tournament, and googling the dude's name shows he's no stranger or amateur to the tournament scene. Is the list illegal, or am I missing a rule somewhere that lets you take an extra homing beacon for half cost?

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: This list is illegal, isn't it?

Post#2 » Jan 31 2018 09:50

SinisterSamurai wrote:I was looking at the Tau lists over on Blood of Kittens' 8th Edition Top Army List Compendium, and I was looking at this list when something weird caught my eye.

All of the dude's stealth teams have 2 homing beacons each, though I think you can only take 1 per team. And after doublechecking the math, I think his stealth teams are about 10 points cheaper than they should be for x2 homing beacons, as well.

But this was a tournament, and googling the dude's name shows he's no stranger or amateur to the tournament scene. Is the list illegal, or am I missing a rule somewhere that lets you take an extra homing beacon for half cost?

It's probably a typo. It should be 2x Marker Drones, and that would make the points work out too.

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La
Kor'La

Re: This list is illegal, isn't it?

Post#3 » Jan 31 2018 11:03

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up, for me.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”