Gun Drones while attached to a Devilfish

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Gun Drones while attached to a Devilfish

Post#1 » Feb 01 2018 02:34

A couple questions about Gun Drones attached to a vehicle:

1. Do the Pulse Carbines on a pair of Gun Drones fire at BS 4+ or BS 5+ while attached to a Devilfish?

2. Do they need to fire at the closest target?

3. Do they benefit from a Drone Controller?

4. Do they benefit from a Pulse Accelerator Drone?

Whilst the Gun Drones remain attached, the Devilfish is considered to be equipped with the Drones' weapons in addition to its own.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Re: Gun Drones while attached to a Devilfish

Post#2 » Feb 01 2018 03:04

1) BS 4+
2) no
3) no
4) no
When attached they are guns mounted on devilfish and act accordingly
Also drones never benefit from pulse accelerator drone

Aspiring Commander
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 01 2018 03:15

Like Beerson has said, the a devilfish with two gun drones and essentially has a burst cannon and 4x pulse carbines equipped, all firing at BS4+ as long as it doesn't advance.

The only thing to remember with the drones is:
A) they are buffed by a nearby fireblade (so 2 extra shots per drone in 9' range)
B) if the vehicle is destroyed, the drones do get to disembark like any other passengers
'We act as one, and united we cannot fall'

-Commander Shadowsun

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Feb 01 2018 03:50

Sorry, a little off topic here; but I haven't seen you T0nkaTruckDriver post here for a long time. Happy to see you active on the forum again, although I'm sure you've been around! ;)

Good to see you again!
TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#5 » Feb 01 2018 06:11

Aspiring Commander wrote:Like Beerson has said, the a devilfish with two gun drones and essentially has a burst cannon and 4x pulse carbines equipped.

This is the key to understanding how it works. Likewise, if you put a Recon Drone in a Devilfish, the attached Gun Drones will be buffed too.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 02 2018 10:47

Arka0415 wrote:This is the key to understanding how it works. Likewise, if you put a Recon Drone in a Devilfish, the attached Gun Drones will be buffed too.

You mean near devilfish, models in transport do not provide buffs, or am I remembering it wrong?

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Feb 02 2018 11:27

Beerson wrote:
Arka0415 wrote:This is the key to understanding how it works. Likewise, if you put a Recon Drone in a Devilfish, the attached Gun Drones will be buffed too.

You mean near devilfish, models in transport do not provide buffs, or am I remembering it wrong?

It's the Recon Drone rule (or Devilfish one?).
It says that when a Recon Drone is embarked on a Devilfish, the units being attacked for the Devilfish doesn't benefits from cover.
I don't remember the exact wording, sry.
But that's it.
Although the exact wording triggers an issue about the target loosing the benefits of cover only to the attacks made for the Devilfish or from all the attacks of others units too.
I think is the former, but was nice to see the discussion.
The thread is not too old. (Last week or so).

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Feb 02 2018 11:40

Kerrygan wrote:It's the Recon Drone rule (or Devilfish one?).
It says that when a Recon Drone is embarked on a Devilfish, the units being attacked for the Devilfish doesn't benefits from cover.
But that's it.
Although the exact wording triggers an issue about the target loosing the benefits of cover only to the attacks made for the Devilfish or from all the attacks of others units too.

Right, it's a devilfish rule, only affects devilfish

Index: Xenos 2 wrote:Turret Mounting: Units attacked by a Devilfish with an MB3 Recon Dron eembarked within it do not gain any bonus to their saving throws for being in cover.

Kerrygan
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Feb 02 2018 12:23

Beerson wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:It's the Recon Drone rule (or Devilfish one?).
But that's it.

Right, it's a devilfish rule, only affects devilfish

Index: Xenos 2 wrote:Turret Mounting: Units attacked by a Devilfish with an MB3 Recon Dron eembarked within it do not gain any bonus to their saving throws for being in cover.

Yeah. I think so.
But take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27141

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#10 » Feb 02 2018 02:12

Not sure what I'm looking for, but unless it was FAQ'd it only affects devilfish, the wording is very clear there

T0nkaTruckDriver
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#11 » Feb 07 2018 05:46

Beerson wrote:1) BS 4+
2) no
3) no
4) no

Thanks everyone. This would seem to suggest that Gun Drones are a strictly better choice than a pair of Burst Cannons on a Hammerhead. Is there any reason to take 2x BCs on a Hammerhead over GDs?

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Feb 07 2018 05:50

T0nkaTruckDriver wrote:
2) no
3) no
4) no

Thanks everyone. This would seem to suggest that Gun Drones are a strictly better choice than a pair of Burst Cannons on a Hammerhead. Is there any reason to take 2x BCs on a Hammerhead over GDs?

Killpoints

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#13 » Feb 07 2018 05:58

Beerson wrote:
T0nkaTruckDriver wrote:
2) no
3) no
4) no

Killpoints

Yup, just kill points. Honestly it's not much of an advantage, so we're expecting Burst Cannons to go down in the new Codex, and for Gun Drones to go up.

Osocruel
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 07 2018 07:26

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't remember where the discussion was.

MB3 Recon drone turret mount? Does the rule allow the Recon Drones BC to also fire whilst embarked?

Now, I understand embarked units cannot usually fire unless open topped however I question the wording of the rule name, suggesting that the Recon Drone is actually mounted in the turret whilst embarked.

Beerson
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Feb 07 2018 07:31

Osocruel wrote:Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I can't remember where the discussion was.

MB3 Recon drone turret mount? Does the rule allow the Recon Drones BC to also fire whilst embarked?

Now, I understand embarked units cannot usually fire unless open topped however I question the wording of the rule name, suggesting that the Recon Drone is actually mounted in the turret whilst embarked.

No, it only refers to the ability, not the drone as a whole

Osocruel
Shas

Post#16 » Feb 07 2018 07:41

No, it only refers to the ability, not the drone as a whole

Yeah, did think this was the case but thought I'd check others opinions. Thanks

Return to “Rules & FAQ”