Eal'ta - Excel Army List for Tau Army (WIP)

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#109 » Mar 19 2008 02:27

Shas'o'Mont're'Mal'caor wrote:Ah well lucky that three sniper drone teams cost the same as one barracuda with two seekers (Which is what I use :))

Hmmmm, thinking of it....

I may add a blank section to every FOC part where you would have to write everything (not be able to select anything) for yourself. That way you could enter a unit of your liking without having problems with the Excel limitations (of course there would be no checks for (ill)legality as they are with standard Codex/FW models now).

What do you say?
Would one section (leader + 3 unit slots) in every FOC part suffice?
Excel Army Builder for TAU, Upper Concourse, Floor 8

Mont're Mal'caor
Kor

Post#110 » Mar 19 2008 02:54

That would be great, but you don't need one for every FOC, just two or three open ones at the end.
Just call me M&M, Mont're Mal'caor's too long

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#111 » Mar 19 2008 02:58

Shas'o'Mont're'Mal'caor wrote:That would be great, but you don't need one for every FOC, just two or three open ones at the end.

Sounds reasonable. Added to ToDo.

Any other thoughts? :nice:

dragonwolf999
Shas

Post#112 » Mar 23 2008 07:08

Two things. One, how do you give the units names? The option's there, but I can't use it. A second thing, if you accidentally add someone you don't want, there's no way to take it off! You can erase the gear, and change the unit, but you can't remove the force organization slot use. Or if you can, I can't find out how.
They came, they saw, they ran like hell...

Gavvin
Shas

Post#113 » Mar 23 2008 09:19

dragonwolf999 wrote:Two things. One, how do you give the units names? The option's there, but I can't use it. A second thing, if you accidentally add someone you don't want, there's no way to take it off! You can erase the gear, and change the unit, but you can't remove the force organization slot use. Or if you can, I can't find out how.

Right click the selection and choose 'clear contents'
There is no prize that exceeds the worth of my honor.

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#114 » Mar 23 2008 10:35

Gavvin wrote:
dragonwolf999 wrote:Two things. One, how do you give the units names? The option's there, but I can't use it. A second thing, if you accidentally add someone you don't want, there's no way to take it off! You can erase the gear, and change the unit, but you can't remove the force organization slot use. Or if you can, I can't find out how.

Right click the selection and choose 'clear contents'

Or just hit Delete. As written in the first Tab in the File ;)

As for the Unit Naming... hmmmm, you mean individual names of Units? I have not put something like that in the sheet... I guess would be overcluttered.

alexhall
Shas

Ealta

Post#115 » Mar 24 2008 11:31

hey, the Ealta_1.25 is GREAT!!! :D there is 1 problem though :-( the "print" button doesnt work (sadly) its not locked and when you click on it it selects it but doesn't do anything

hope you will be ably to fix it!!

Nexxus
Shas

Post#116 » Mar 24 2008 12:19

This is a great program!!! I can't think of anything that you would need to add at the moment.

@alex Did you click on an open cell then go back to click print cause it was locked to me as well then I clicked off to a blank cell and it worked fine.

alexhall
Shas

Post#117 » Mar 24 2008 12:25

Nexxus wrote:This is a great program!!! I can't think of anything that you would need to add at the moment.

@alex Did you click on an open cell then go back to click print cause it was locked to me as well then I clicked off to a blank cell and it worked fine.

thanks for the advice but it still doent work, its not the fact that its locked, its the fact that its not locked. when i click on it it lets me change the format, the cell and the input

trunks651
Shas

Re: Ealta

Post#118 » Mar 24 2008 04:47

alexhall666 wrote:hey, the Ealta_1.25 is GREAT!!! :D there is 1 problem though :-( the "print" button doesnt work (sadly) its not locked and when you click on it it selects it but doesn't do anything

hope you will be ably to fix it!!

I have encountered this same problem. Curious as to what is causing it.

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#119 » Mar 25 2008 02:40

Question for all who can't use the PRINT button:

What Excel are you using?
Have you enabled Macros?

alexhall
Shas

Post#120 » Mar 25 2008 05:36

when i opened it today and clicked "Run Macro" it said that the macros have been disabled because the security levels were too high and that they had not been "digitaly signed", too be honest i have no idea what that means. i put the security to as low as possible but it still wouldnt work. please could somebody tell me how to "digitaly sign" them

thanks

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#121 » Mar 25 2008 06:10

alexhall666 wrote:when I opened it today and clicked "Run Macro" it said that the macros have been disabled because the security levels were too high and that they had not been "digitaly signed", too be honest I have no idea what that means. I put the security to as low as possible but it still wouldnt work. please could somebody tell me how to "digitaly sign" them

thanks

You have to set up the security in your Excel:

Tools - Options - Security Tab - Macro Security

I have mine set to Medium (You can choose whether or not to run potentially unsafe macros)

And of course I am using Excel 2003. It is the only one I have tested Eal'ta in.

alexhall
Shas

Post#122 » Mar 25 2008 01:15

Joe wrote:
alexhall666 wrote:when I opened it today and clicked "Run Macro" it said that the macros have been disabled because the security levels were too high and that they had not been "digitaly signed", too be honest I have no idea what that means. I put the security to as low as possible but it still wouldnt work. please could somebody tell me how to "digitaly sign" them

thanks

You have to set up the security in your Excel:

Tools - Options - Security Tab - Macro Security

I have mine set to Medium (You can choose whether or not to run potentially unsafe macros)

And of course I am using Excel 2003. It is the only one I have tested Eal'ta in.

i have done that but sadly it doesnt work :sad:
i think i'll just have to leave out the "Print" buttons
WWFSMD

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#123 » Mar 25 2008 04:58

alexhall666 wrote:
I have done that but sadly it doesnt work :sad:
I think I'll just have to leave out the "Print" buttons

And of course reload the File.
Did it ask reg. the Macros then? Did you click Yes? What Excel do you use?

trunks651
Shas

Post#124 » Mar 26 2008 04:13

Joe wrote:Question for all who can't use the PRINT button:

What Excel are you using?
Have you enabled Macros?

Enabling Macros fixed my problem. I happen to be using Excel 2007 at the moment.

bahbee
Shas

Post#125 » Apr 07 2008 05:48

In the latest version I can only open scrolldown menus by clicking the arrow on their right side. In previous releases it was enough to click on the tab itself. I know this is a minor problem :crafty:, but please fix it in the next version if possible (I guess it would take a few seconds to correct it). Thank you, keep up the good work!

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#126 » Apr 07 2008 05:55

bahbee wrote:In the latest version I can only open scrolldown menus by clicking the arrow on their right side. In previous releases it was enough to click on the tab itself. I know this is a minor problem :crafty:, but please fix it in the next version if possible (I guess it would take a few seconds to correct it). Thank you, keep up the good work!

Hmmmm, I did not change anything in that manner... don't even know what I should actually change to make that happen?

Any suggestions, bahbee? If not here then in a PM...

Return to “Rules & FAQ”