Eal'ta - Excel Army List for Tau Army (WIP)

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
bahbee
Shas

Re: Eal'ta - Excel Army List for Tau Army (WIP)

Post#161 » Feb 03 2009 03:45

I can also tell you that many Tau generals who I know use your masterpiece - only they do not visit ATT to thank you for it. So let me pass on their appreciation too! Don't abandon the project, for it is unique and brilliant!

Joe
Shas'La

Post#162 » Feb 03 2009 04:47

Wowza!

*running off scared and paled*
*coming back*

Weeeell....... you are the experts here! :D
If you say nothing is wrong with Eal'ta for 5th edition as it is now, who am I to disagree?

Actually, as I just released the PDF I was working on and will have less occupation in that direction (for at least a week or two), I might as well look at Eal'ta again and shorten the To-Do list... we shal's'la see ;)

(and when a new Codex is out... I hope they don't mess up greatly there!)
Excel Army Builder for TAU, Upper Concourse, Floor 8

Q'iq'el
Shas

Post#163 » Feb 03 2009 05:28

Joe wrote:Actually, as I just released the PDF I was working on and will have less occupation in that direction (for at least a week or two), I might as well look at Eal'ta again and shorten the To-Do list... we shal's'la see ;)

That's absolutely great!

I wonder if it wouldn't be much trouble to take a look at compatibility with Neo Office and other Open Office clones? Those have grown quite better recently and I often see similar spreadsheets for other gaming systems come now both in MS and Open Office variants. I hope it means macro conversion isn't hard to do anymore... and it would help greatly all the non-windows users.

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Shas'La

Post#164 » Feb 04 2009 03:22

Joe wrote:Actually, as I just released the PDF I was working on and will have less occupation in that direction (for at least a week or two), I might as well look at Eal'ta again and shorten the To-Do list... we shal's'la see ;)

Q'iq'el wrote:That's absolutely great!

I wonder if it wouldn't be much trouble to take a look at compatibility with Neo Office and other Open Office clones? Those have grown quite better recently and I often see similar spreadsheets for other gaming systems come now both in MS and Open Office variants. I hope it means macro conversion isn't hard to do anymore... and it would help greatly all the non-windows users.

Thanks in advance!

You are welcome ;)

Depends... the biggest problem with OpenOffice was that no lists could be generated with conditions (say if I choose THIS on cell A3 then populate this list, if this, then populate another list). And the second biggest problem would be that if the syntax of the OO macro language is not 100% the same as in Excel (2003), EVERYTHING would have to be manually updated and bugtracking would be a great deal of a job...

I will have a look at OO too when I have time for it ;)

Gavvin
Shas

Post#165 » Feb 04 2009 07:53

Well, I just wanted to say that I still use this and wish I had one like it for all my armies! Please keep working on it and updating it. I will be very sad when the new codex comes out if I can no longer use the spreadsheet.
There is no prize that exceeds the worth of my honor.

camarodragon
Shas

Post#166 » Feb 04 2009 11:59

Really Joe, this has been a great program.. You actully inspired me to make a generator of my own for necrons written in excel. Updates are always appreciated and welcome.

Firestorm
Shas

Post#167 » Feb 06 2009 02:26

I really enjoy this creation of yours Joe. I have downloaded it and actually created a 4,000 pt army just to see what its like.

I had one thing come up with a group of kroot. It said the value for the number of kroot and kroot hounds was illegal even though it was within the allowed number range. Probably something on my end though.

I'll let you know if it ever gives me a hard time.

-Firestorm

Aquaterry
Shas

Post#168 » Feb 10 2009 11:45

I think I am in love with your program :P
But it is actually an awesome creation and incredibly useful.

Keep up the good work, I look forwards to the next release :biggrin:
"Insert witty comment here....."

Joe
Shas'La

Post#169 » Feb 10 2009 12:23

thanks guys,

I am mel...t......i.........nnnnnnnnnnnnn...........g......... :P

ObiFett
Shas

Post#170 » Mar 13 2009 01:37

Since I have used this thing more times than I can count, I figured I should sing praises to this program as well. I absolutely love it. Great job!

Joe
Shas'La

Post#171 » Mar 13 2009 04:57

ObiFett wrote:Since I have used this thing more times than I can count, I figured I should sing praises to this program as well. I absolutely love it. Great job!

Glad you like it and that it eases your field preparation ;)

Exokan
Shas

Post#172 » Sep 26 2009 11:01

Hate to bring this topic up from the dead but...

I love this spreadsheet for it's ease of on the fly list editing. With the new XV-9 suit and other fun units out there now, I was wondering if there is any progress.

That aside is there a way that possibly some of us more excel inclined guys could edit in Knarloc Riders and the like? Maybe a PM'd password or whatever.

Just curious...

Joe
Shas'La

Post#173 » Sep 27 2009 04:53

Hi,

I have no problem with someone picking up the work and continue ;)

Just send me a PM (some already did before) and I will send you the Password so that you can edit the Sheets/alter them.

Troutmonkey
Shas'Ui

Post#174 » Sep 27 2009 07:47

Just thought I'd drop in again and say what a great spreadsheet this is.
For Tau, theres Eal'ta, for everything else there's Alice40k :)
Even my new List Makers look primative in comparison.
Small bug find if you would care to fix it, I cannot find VRT listed for Shas'O. If someones already brought it up (or you are no longer working on it) thats fine, but just FYI.
www.alice40k.tripod.com
Troutmonkey on LIVE

roachmeow
Shas

Post#175 » Sep 27 2009 12:44

Still using this list to check what units I would still need when I'm planning my cadre expansion. :D

A request, is it possible to add just one more column? (since someone is interested in picking this up).

There's this one little config I've been trying to squeeze in but it has way too many things on it. I just need one more column to squeeze in another drone
Smile. It confuses people.

almskidd
Shas

Post#176 » Dec 23 2009 07:34

Joe kindly gave me the password to his excel army list. So I updated it with a number of things including but not limited to kroot hound and krootox 6+ save, adding Shadow Sun, Farsight and R'ymr as well as Gue'Vesa. I did not go through and revise any of the checks however you guys should be able to discern for your self if you did it right. I'll work on the checks later.

Ealta 1.26

have fun. and thanks Joe

Wolfs16
Fio'El

Post#177 » Dec 23 2009 08:26

Woo hoo! Thanks both to Joe and almskidd for this! :biggrin:

EDIT: Problem though. The HQ does not show options for a Shas'El or anything else. It just shows the Elite options.

EDIT 2: Oh and you can't add any weapons for the Gue'vesa'La.

kirstar
Shas

Post#178 » Dec 24 2009 03:27

It looks like the HQ code has been replaced with the elite code.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”