Eal'ta - Excel Army List for Tau Army (WIP)

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Doran'suam
Shas

Re: Eal'ta - Excel Army List for Tau Army (WIP)

Post#127 » Apr 30 2008 02:19

I am very impressed. You command a mastery of Excel far beyond my own.

One suggestion for addition, however; Can you add in the Special Characters from the codex? I'd love to be able to use this list for my Farsight Enclave. That would require an expanded bodyguard list for his entry as well.

Thanks again for this. My number-crunching will take FAR less time this way.

~O'Suam
"What you need is more... drones."
~Fio'el Ol'Ro

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#128 » Apr 30 2008 04:08

Doran'suam wrote:I am very impressed. You command a mastery of Excel far beyond my own.

One suggestion for addition, however; Can you add in the Special Characters from the codex? I'd love to be able to use this list for my Farsight Enclave. That would require an expanded bodyguard list for his entry as well.

Thanks again for this. My number-crunching will take FAR less time this way.

~O'Suam

thanks for praises ;)

The special characters from Codex are on the To-Do list fairly long, I just did not yet have time to look into it and into the special changes it would need in HQ section...

If it will not work otherwise, I may as well put these choices into the before-suggested blank section without automatic-weapon-choices-population for selected units (you would be able to choose them and the points would count in but there would be no automatic checks for legality).
Excel Army Builder for TAU, Upper Concourse, Floor 8

Mont'sha
Shas

Post#129 » Apr 30 2008 11:15

Let me just say thanks so much for making this! Its spared so much time, and the temptation to buy a 20-30$ army building program. Great Job! Quick question though, can/will you adapt it for use in building apocalypse armies?

fenrhir
Shas

Post#130 » May 02 2008 12:14

Thank you for the very impressive job you've made and for a such complete tool. And it's really easy to use, a very good thing.

Would you be OK to localize it ? It's a quite simple - but long - job, but I could easily do that. I don't want to steal your job, neither to have my name as "collaborator", I only want to allow French speaking people to use this fantastic tool as easily than me, even if English doesn't sound easier than Chinese for them.
And, it would allow Eal'ta to reach more people ;)

Both script and sheet data must be modified, but I should be able to do that.

fenrhir

El'Myen
Shas

Post#131 » May 03 2008 05:09

I agree with quite everybody, it's an impressive tool you gave us here. Alas there are minor bugs to be corrected.

For example, when you select an Fire warrior Shas'Ui bodyguard for an Ethereal, and equip him with pulse rifle, bonding knife, HW Drone controller and two gun drones, the sheet tells it's illegal, but in the codex, it's fully possible.

Little bug? Wrong reading of the book? I don't know.

But as I said, go on with it, it'll be perfect sooner or later.
Apprentice Converter

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#132 » May 05 2008 02:13

Mont'sha wrote:Let me just say thanks so much for making this! Its spared so much time, and the temptation to buy a 20-30$ army building program. Great Job! Quick question though, can/will you adapt it for use in building apocalypse armies?

Depends. What exactly are the restrictions (or restriction-lifts) on an Army in Apocalypse in short? Besides increasing force-size? ;)

fenrhir wrote:Would you be OK to localize it ?

No problem on my side. But you are running the risk commiting to translate EVERY updated version from now on as I guess it would be difficult to update the french version of yours with changes/bugfixes I find later... Do you really want this? ;)

El'Myen wrote:For example, when you select an Fire warrior Shas'Ui bodyguard for an Ethereal, and equip him with pulse rifle, bonding knife, HW Drone controller and two gun drones, the sheet tells it's illegal, but in the codex, it's fully possible.

Firstly,
thanks! I found a glitch in the Unit Size check for FW Honour Guard ;)

Secondly,
the "Illegal" may stem from the fact that you did not select FW Honour Guard (regular) as the second choice in the same unit, just the 'Ui. The Hardware equipped does not influence the "Illegal!" statement (at least in here, only with some of the Units in the whole Roster).

As said above I found a glitch in the Unit Size check in HQ slots for FW Honour Guard. Will upload a fix-version 1.26 soon.

El'Myen
Shas

Post#133 » May 05 2008 12:46

Joe wrote:
El'Myen wrote:For example, when you select an Fire warrior Shas'Ui bodyguard for an Ethereal, and equip him with pulse rifle, bonding knife, HW Drone controller and two gun drones, the sheet tells it's illegal, but in the codex, it's fully possible.

Secondly,
the "Illegal" may stem from the fact that you did not select FW Honour Guard (regular) as the second choice in the same unit, just the 'Ui. The Hardware equipped does not influence the "Illegal!" statement (at least in here, only with some of the Units in the whole Roster).

I didn't tell it in the first post, but of course I selected the regular honor guards with the Shas'Ui. Taht was what puzzled me.
But I let you make the corrections and give you my advice next;
Apprentice Converter

Witheraf
Shas

Post#134 » May 05 2008 01:13

Just used this to write 2 army lists. It's really effective and very fast. Only thing I found is that when I put two MPs (or any weapon or support system) onto a XV8, they turn red. Still says it's legal, though. :-?
I won't not use double negatives...

Cadre Thread

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#135 » May 05 2008 04:45

Witheraf wrote:Just used this to write 2 army lists. It's really effective and very fast. Only thing I found is that when I put two MPs (or any weapon or support system) onto a XV8, they turn red. Still says it's legal, though. :-?

Give me an example so I can reproduce... ;)

kirstar
Shas

Post#136 » May 06 2008 02:26

I think he is putting

Missile pod, missile pod, other fitting

instead of

tl missile pod, empty, other fitting

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#137 » May 06 2008 02:35

Could be...

Is it, Witheraf? :nice:
If yes then you have to always select a TwinLinked version if you want two similar weapons on a Crisis Suit.

fenrhir
Shas

Post#138 » May 06 2008 03:12

Joe wrote:
fenrhir wrote:Would you be OK to localize it ?

No problem on my side. But you are running the risk commiting to translate EVERY updated version from now on as I guess it would be difficult to update the french version of yours with changes/bugfixes I find later... Do you really want this? ;)

Well, I suppose it would become easier with a detailed list of changes (talking about code, not user visible changes) ;) .
Anyway, I think I could do it. As said, it's not a matter of difficulty, but only length.

So, I will wait for the next version, even if I take another look on the 1.25.

fenrhir

Mont'sha
Shas

Post#139 » May 07 2008 10:53

Joe wrote:Depends. What exactly are the restrictions (or restriction-lifts) on an Army in Apocalypse in short? Besides increasing force-size? ;)

Simply put, there is no force organization chart. So it basically comes to maybe making it so after filling the three(or more) unit slots up, there would be a button to add another blank unit slot. And multiple special characters are allowed, even ones that conflict(O'shovah/O'Shaserra).

Joe
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#140 » May 08 2008 03:35

I am planning to add blank sections of fields at the end for just such purposes - you select the Unit from the list and you equip it. Without checks and everything else. So you will have to know what you are doing with those (no error-corrections as in the FOC section ;))

fenrhir
Shas

Post#141 » May 09 2008 04:13

Hmm.

Apocalypse brings formations too, like the Rapid Insertion Force or the Rapid Tau Deployment Force (this one is visible here : http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/ ... efault.htm).

Without spoiling the Apocalypse rules, the only things to know are :
- formations regroup units taken from the codex (the only FW models used in Tau Empire formations at the moment are Barracudas, Tetras, and Kroot models). As you can see in the Rapid Tau Deployment Force, you'll need at least three Devilfish. It may be An Ethereal Honor Guard with Devil and two Fire Warrior Teams with Devil, or three Pathfinder Teams.
- formations have an extra cost (100pts for the RTDF used in example).
- formations bring rules for units they include.

The problem is that you should have these formations rules to includes them in Eal'ta...

fenrhir

kirstar
Shas

Post#142 » Jul 23 2008 05:16

Bug report with troop areas 1-5 when using kroot.

shaper + 19 kroot is reported as illegal in every group but the 6th.

xGhostx
Shas

Post#143 » Jul 23 2008 03:04

This is great, i've been looking for one of these for a long time, most of my army lists are written on paper and usually after one use are either thrown out or used as cover for the table when i paint :( ... I'll tell you my thoughts on it when i begin using it.
Proud Sponsor of the Greater Good!

xGhostx
Shas

Post#144 » Jul 23 2008 08:01

After going through it I noticed two things... For some reason when i put a Devilfish in it is always considered "illegal", and i don't know why. Same thing with Krootox Rider. They are marked as illegal when i insert them.
Proud Sponsor of the Greater Good!

Return to “Rules & FAQ”