Rules VDR Calculator

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
Rogue Sun
Shas'La

Post#11 » Nov 25 2007 03:18

I'm just going off of what the program says. Going back to it the program shows that 1 railgun w/ submunitions and targeters is 45 points. TL that and it becomes 68 points, and then put gatling on top of that and its 135 points.

Also your post doesn't seem to make much sense. You do the math for TL and gatling coming in at 165, but then you factor gatling in again by multiplying it by 4. Haven't you already paid for gatling? Additionally I thought gatling gave the weapon D3 shots, so why would you need 4 barrels?

Cire Mont'yr
Fio

Post#12 » Nov 25 2007 03:42

Here is my monstrosity:

Death Stalker

Chaos Marine Crew (1 guy)
Walker
Normal Size
AV: 12, 12, 11, fully armoured and agile
2 dreadnought close combat weapons
1 MultiMelta
1 Heavy Bolter

205 Points

Probably will look like a dreadnought with penitent engine legs and longer arms.

Shas'La
Shas

Post#13 » Nov 25 2007 05:33

What I do whenever I make one of these is I open the datafax window, then copy, patse into an email then send it to myslef. It makes a good way to save them. I had this bokmarked before, and was upset they did not have tau. Then you reminded me about it then they had tau! Yay! :biggrin:
Unite or Die- Benjamin Franklin

Aardvark
Shas

Post#14 » Nov 25 2007 06:51

Thanks E!

:D
"I love the smell of plasma in the morning!"

Shas'La
Shas

Post#15 » Nov 25 2007 07:02

No doubt I am going to spend several worthless hours maing outragoues machines. I see it now :50x long barrellled mega gatling titan killing twin linked railguns+ blast with submunitions. I will never make any of them either. Maybe this one : The Crayfish
immobile
small
armour: 9,9,9 open topped
1x pulse rifle
and thats about it. Points:12
I could have a million of the little things everywhere. :evil: Small,slightly more survivable firewarrios. Maybe for 13 points they can deepstrike....
i'd pay the points on Rogue Son's creation to. One evil little thing. Most people never make any of these things anyways. Still fun to think about anyways :biggrin:

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre

Post#16 » Nov 25 2007 07:10

:( 53 points to stick twin-linked missile pods on anything ... I can buy a deathrain for that! I always knew VDR made you pay a premium for things but thats a little steep. I was trying to make a DF variant to better support the PF's that need to have one (reduced carrying capacity, increased firepower, in the same vein as a razorback). Building the whole vehicle through VDR made the price astronomical so I just looked at the points difference when adding the missile pods but its still pretty high vs say the razorback T/Linked Las option. *sigh*

Sheckells
Shas

Post#17 » Nov 25 2007 09:01

Rogue Sun wrote:I'm just going off of what the program says. Going back to it the program shows that 1 railgun w/ submunitions and targeters is 45 points. TL that and it becomes 68 points, and then put gatling on top of that and its 135 points.

Also your post doesn't seem to make much sense. You do the math for TL and gatling coming in at 165, but then you factor gatling in again by multiplying it by 4. Haven't you already paid for gatling? Additionally I thought gatling gave the weapon D3 shots, so why would you need 4 barrels?

My bad with 4 multiplier. You are correct...the gatling add 150% to the cost, but the model needs a minimum of four barrels per weapon.

The site's numbers do not jive with the latest VDR rules published by GW in 2004. That's what I use.

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre

Post#18 » Nov 25 2007 09:43

Playing around further with the idea of an alternative transport for Pathfinders I came up with this little beauty.

Angler Fish (Piranha variant) - 113pts

Armor: 11/10/10
Open-topped Fast Skimmer
Transport: 6
BS: 3
Weapons: 3 T/Linked Pulse Rifles
Marker Beacon: As per Pathfinder Devilfish

Options: As per Piranha

Transport option for a full squad (8) Pathfinders (2 become crew).

Model: Converted Piranha with engines moved under wings. 'Kickboards' on both sides which carry 3 PF's each. 3 Pulse rifles slung under each wing.

Inspired by 'Kiowa' Light Attack/Recon Helicopter with SAS troopers ;)

Now that is an EMP grenade delivery system ;)

Shas'La
Shas

Post#19 » Nov 25 2007 09:49

O'Mont'sha: would it be immobe without any passengers inside? If two of the pathfinders are crew then when they get out, who pilots? Not a bad idea though. It does seem a little fragile. Especially for the pionts. VDR is always expensive for what it is, so it's no new thng.

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre

Post#20 » Nov 25 2007 10:51

The other way of doing it would be that this transport option caps the squad size at 6 and you can't take drones. I'd also like to give the vehicle itself 'scout' so long as the PF's are deployed on the vehicle at the start of the game but disallow boosting for the free movement. It gives the PF's the real 'forward scout' feel they currently lack but like they're supposed to have ;) And its supposed to be fragile, not stupidly so like a Sentinel but more like the Piranha with only moderate armor but relying more on its nimbleness top keep it from harm

It was just a quick bashing together of a mix of ideas.
a) The feel of the unit and it's transport (Rapid Deployment/Recon).
b) A modelling concept (Modding a Piranha which I have a spare of).
c) A vehicle concept which kind of crams Piranha, Tetra and Devilfish into the one thing.
d) The idea of a light attack/recon chopper (ie Kiowa, Scorpion or Doombringer might be able to suggest the Marine Corps equivelant)

Return to “Rules & FAQ”