Rules VDR Calculator

Discuss any rules that are confusing or bothering you.
foto69man
Shas

Post#41 » Jan 21 2008 02:52

Chapter Approved 2004...don't know where its at electronically though.

shasolenzabi
Por'Ui

Post#42 » Jan 21 2008 03:28

[[[ To OP, Mako is the correct spelling for that particular shark.

My creation, which started as a drawing back about 2002 is the Thresher Shark Tank Hunter.

Basically a turretless twin linked Railgun, after all is said and done weighs in at a reasonable price of about 220. I may have to re-calculate but it is a nice piece, and will hunt tanks nicely! ;)

If you look for my army pics, there are some pics of it in primer black, I am currently busy working on painting this beastie! :)

Eiglepulper
Shas'O

Post#43 » Jan 22 2008 05:44

shasolenzabi wrote:[[[ To OP, Mako is the correct spelling for that particular shark.

Oops! Well, even the Mods are not infallible, eh! ;) Thanks, Lennie.

E.

hammerhead_tank
Shas

Re: Rules VDR Calculator

Post#44 » Jun 08 2008 08:04

Hey, well isn't this fun! :biggrin:
Name: Pike
Crew: Tau
Type:Flyer
Armour:F/S/R=11/10/10
Weapons: AA Ioncannon, 2xTwin-linked gatling railguns with submunitions. ( :dead: ), 4x twin-linked pulse-rifles
Transport capacity: 11
Upgrades: Landing gear

Talk about a glass-hammer. :D
Current Tau record (w/t/l)
11/0/0

Firestorm
Shas

Post#45 » Dec 23 2008 10:22

I've wasted lots of time doing this. The best I made was this. (mind you this is just the gun)

1 X AA Twin-Linked Gatling Long-Barrelled Mega Blast Titan Killer Railgun (with submunitions) + Co-axial Ion cannon 525 pts.

Thats a big gun for a lot of points. Ah, now how to model such a beast. (Is it even legal to have all this on one weapon?)

foto69man
Shas

Post#46 » Dec 24 2008 09:19

It is legal if your opponent doesnt mind...and there is the problem, because most people aren't going to allow something that crazy on the table :?

Isoroku
Shas

Post#47 » Dec 31 2008 06:05

This Link is to VDR Construct Design

http://www.ageofstrife.com/tools/vdr/

Soji
Por'Ui

Post#48 » Jan 27 2009 06:03

foto69man wrote:It is legal if your opponent doesnt mind...and there is the problem

And that's why when I design something, I carefully unerpower it to make it clear that I'm not trying to get the edge through a custom unit. It has worked great to get my opponent to agree to use it.
55/1/0

Soji, as always at your service

dr_insanity
Shas

Post#49 » Mar 02 2009 03:52

I do like it when people remind me this is here.
I've been having great fun with the idea of little gun platform type things like Shas'La had on page one.
light vehicle
Armour 10-9-9 (it's free to upgrade the front to 10... nice)
Open topped
Burst cannon
15 points each!

Bumps the price up quite a lot to give that the skimmer ability, but I'm thinking drones on little legs, to look kinda like mini walkers from war of the worlds, with the burst cannon mounted underneath.

Would be nice to have them deep strike too, but I can't find that as an option...
<!-- My Karma ran over your Dogma --!>

TheAmbit
Fio'El

Post#50 » Mar 02 2009 04:06

dr_insanity wrote:I do like it when people remind me this is here.
I've been having great fun with the idea of little gun platform type things like Shas'La had on page one.
light vehicle
Armour 10-9-9 (it's free to upgrade the front to 10... nice)
Open topped
Burst cannon
15 points each!

Bumps the price up quite a lot to give that the skimmer ability, but I'm thinking drones on little legs, to look kinda like mini walkers from war of the worlds, with the burst cannon mounted underneath.

Would be nice to have them deep strike too, but I can't find that as an option...

And here is a stunning example of why the VDR rules were broken. :) They're nice for giving ball park figures for well planned out units, but it's far too easy to make broken units like this. If you're using the VDR and trying to make the most point efficient unit you can, you're probably going to end up with something that isn't exactly fair for your opponent.

Return to “Rules & FAQ”