Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post#1 » Oct 14 2008 07:21

Shas El Tau'shan Tau'va Mu'ssashi " Brokensword " Cadre Leader of the Tau'shan 337th Tactical Assault Cadre " Spear of Destiny "

I'm currently repainting the Cadre as i've had the old colour for what feels like forever , i wanted to give them a more Desserty feel to them , so i thought i'd show some of my work so far . :)
Barracuda

Old style Barracuda and Remora

Remora

Crisis suit

Firewarrior

Gue vesa la and firewarriors ( old and new )

Brokensword

Piranha

Skyray

Devilfish

well thats about it for now to be getting on with :biggrin:
Last edited by Brokensword on Jul 01 2014 11:14, edited 20 times in total.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: Tau'shan Cadre WIP

Post#2 » Oct 14 2008 07:33

nice pictures :)

is it just me or does "brokensword" have a Playboy Bunny painted on his back?

minamoto
Shas

Post#3 » Oct 14 2008 07:39

Hey Bunny :D

Your Desert-Camo looks great.
But a few bigger pictures would be nice... :D So we can enjoy your efforts better.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Oct 14 2008 07:42

Hehe , "Taushan" is chinese for "Rabbit" , the year i was born in , plus i couldn't think of my sept design before a tournament , so for a laugh i put the Playboy bunny on the back ! :biggrin:

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#5 » Oct 14 2008 08:41

Brokensword wrote:Hehe , "Taushan" is chinese for "Rabbit" , the year i was born in , plus i couldn't think of my sept design before a tournament , so for a laugh i put the Playboy bunny on the back ! :biggrin:

hehe okay :) i thought it was something different that just looked like the bunny because it was so small but that is cool :nice:

i was born in the year of the pig ... so i preffer the Scorpio (as i am born in November)

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Oct 14 2008 09:46

Che Gue'vesa wrote: hehe okay :) i thought it was something different that just looked like the bunny because it was so small but that is cool :nice:

No , you were right ! It is the Playboy Bunny that i put on the back of the Crisis ( it won't be staying though when i repaint him :sad: )

Thanks Minamoto , i'll try to get some bigger pics sorted out for you ( it was my 1st time using Photobucket ,and i couldn't seem to change the size any bigger !)

nova_wolf
Shas

Post#7 » Oct 14 2008 09:59

Nice use of that random objective marker that comes with the plastic XV25s.

That works nicely, and its one of only 3 good uses I have seen for that piece.

Good thinking!

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Oct 14 2008 10:10

nova_wolf wrote:Nice use of that random objective marker that comes with the plastic XV25s.

That works nicely, and its one of only 3 good uses I have seen for that piece.

Good thinking!

Thanks Nova_wolf , with all the spare parts lurking about in my bits box , it just had to be done , it's meant to represent part of my " Target Array system " along with the Multi tracker on the other shoulder ( it's my "Death Blossom" config that my shas el has . CIB , MP , TA and Iridium armour and stim injector . the Shas El has HW MT and DC with 2 shield drones ) it's designed to Advance towards the enemy and draw fire with having good survivabiltiy factor and when close enough , Death Blossom lets rip !

So what are the other 2 then ? :nice:

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#9 » Oct 14 2008 11:06

A couple of larger pic's to hopefully clear things up abit :smile:

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Oct 14 2008 06:44

Vespid hmmmm should i go desert fashion with them ?
what you guys think?

minamoto
Shas

Post#11 » Oct 15 2008 07:52

Brokensword wrote:Vespid hmmmm should i go desert fashion with them ?
what you guys think?

Difficult to say... They are more like insects so bright colours would suit them and you can give your army an contrast, maybe a combination of green tones would fit to your desert scheme.
But to much contrast can rip off the visual connection of your force.

Or you try natural colours like, real bugs have it. Maybe like grasshoopers (not the green ones, the brown ones) or scarabs. Maybe you can go for Lobsters (not after cooking... before :evil: )

Hope this helps a little bit.

Your Skyray turns out great. The weathering looks really natural. The colour fit great.

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#12 » Oct 15 2008 10:08

minamoto wrote:
Brokensword wrote:Vespid hmmmm should i go desert fashion with them ?
what you guys think?

Difficult to say... They are more like insects so bright colours would suit them and you can give your army an contrast, maybe a combination of green tones would fit to your desert scheme.
But to much contrast can rip off the visual connection of your force.

Or you try natural colours like, real bugs have it. Maybe like grasshoopers (not the green ones, the brown ones) or scarabs. Maybe you can go for Lobsters (not after cooking... before :evil: )

Hope this helps a little bit.

Your Skyray turns out great. The weathering looks really natural. The colour fit great.

Being insect like and having a more earthy colour tone to your army lends the Vespid to looking like Dung Beatles which is basically black. You could have them as a dark grey with the armour painted with your standard armour colours, something like the Vespid shown on page 207 of the BRB.

XV42 Havok
Fio

Post#13 » Oct 17 2008 09:45

I must say a very impressive paint scheme, nicely done.

Infact, your old scheme is very close to mine but has light green sept markings.

I liked the idea of using the chinese word for rabbit in your cadre too.

Great Job, Havok
XV42 Havok Broadside - My broadside's bigger than yours

Witheraf
Shas

Post#14 » Oct 24 2008 01:55

Nice scheme!
I like the contrast between the white and ochre, it works well.
Why not try some highlights? They would give your models that extra something to make them 'pop' and with the skill you've shown on the bunny, shouldn't be too hard for you. ;)
I really like the 'sky' colour on the underside of the barracuda. Looks great and suits the tau mentality very well.
Keep it up, looking forward to seeing the rest of the cadre!
I won't not use double negatives...

Cadre Thread

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#15 » Oct 25 2008 04:18

hopefully i should be getting some more pic's up today or tomorrow :nice:

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Oct 29 2008 08:11

Here's an update to what i goten painted so far . I just got my hands onto a GW Airbrush , and after a few teething problems i've base coated a couple of tanks so far in next to no time Yippee ! these are still got some more work to go , but i thought i'd add some more picture's to keep things flowing ! :nice:

After my 3rd attempt with the airbrush !

The new and improved Brokensword in his new colours after Basecoat/wash and drybrushing him ( no airbrushing on him by hand i might add )

and after some additional detail

It's Hammer(head ) time !

My 1st three vehicles changed to the new colours .

I'm currently working on another Devilfish aswell as my XV 25's , though i could just finish the Vespid i geuss seeing as they just need a little work lol . i'll get some more pictures on shortly :)

Sabre
Shas

Post#17 » Oct 30 2008 02:09

Well, Brokenbade, I can see a lot of great work here in your pics! I like the new scheme of colours, seem to be more clean and fits very well to Tau troops! The tnaks also look great with the new paint.
Please post more pics of your troops, as soon as posible!.

Saludos

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Oct 31 2008 12:32

Thanks Sabre for your comments ,

i've actually just started on my Gue vesa element of my cadre , using some of the information that i've gleaned from ATT . As i'm still using my new Airbrush on base coating all my Fish and Hammerheads . once those ar finished , i'll be doing the Firewarriors . paint that i've used is Deneb stone , washed over with Gryphonne sepia , then dry brush over to give it the " sandstone " look but the wash does give it more depth aswel as shade . Firewarriors armour is the same whilst the undersuit is Tau sept ochre , which is also washed with sepia and dry brushed with ochre . sept color is fenris grey . there is one firewarrior pic on this thread that is complete , but i will get more on here asap :smile:

Brokensword

Return to “Project Logs”