Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post#397 » Apr 20 2017 02:38

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:Giving away models is always going to lead to regret! To be fair I still hate handing over commission work as it feels like mine once I've got paint on it, lol.

I'd love to play Breachers in Zone Mortalis! I just don't have anywhere to play it and a road trip to Nottingham although fun is a bit of a trek to do too often. Saying that I'm there next half term all going to plan. I might have to dust off the rules and maybe see about having a game then.... :nice:

Likewise in regards to heading up to WHW however in the last 6 months I have been up there 4 times, that's more than I have visited since it first opened!
I am planning on going up there on the 10th of May as part of my birthday celebrations though I may reconsider as I've got a M.O.T on my car due then. :sad:

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#398 » Apr 20 2017 04:06

Damn Life getting in the way of hobby time! It'll be the back end of May early June for me when the kids are off next. I'd get down more often, but I don't drive so have to coordinate with others. It's a much better attraction now since the renovations though Bugmans food wasn't as good as it had been... I'm looking forward to the new menu but I still miss the Fat bloke!

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#399 » Apr 24 2017 01:35

Here's some WiP on my first Breacher. I really love these little guys. :)

I was worried at first with the chipping but the more that I look at it the more that I feel that it was the right decision.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#400 » Apr 24 2017 02:31

Love it! the brass detailing on the bullets and buckle really suit the scheme. I've been worried about adding more than the gold to my Tau units, I may have to revisit that. The chipping is also really nice subtle but effective.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#401 » Apr 25 2017 06:06

Greetings Commanders.

Tonight I've been adding to my Breacher squad with another five members including the Shas'Ui team leader. Just a few bits and pieces to be done with these brave shas.

That's all for now.

Tau'va

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#402 » Apr 25 2017 09:41

Darklighter beat me too it, much like I mentioned on instagram before about the weathering, I do like that ammo belt finish :)

Looking good as a team!

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#403 » Apr 26 2017 04:26

Tael wrote:Darklighter beat me too it, much like I mentioned on instagram before about the weathering, I do like that ammo belt finish :)

Looking good as a team!

Thanks Tael :)

Yeah tha ammo belt was something that turned out better than I thought really. I was going to go a more 'ceramic' style but feared that it wouldn't really stand out so I went with runelord brass and agrax.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#404 » Apr 26 2017 05:44

Good call, and thanks for the paint names Yoink! that idea. Shall use those when I paint up breachers :D ;)

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#405 » Apr 28 2017 02:00

Greetings Commanders.
Today I've been spending time finishing, well trying to finish at least, a project that I actually started back when the 6th edition Tau kits were originally released.

Although it is no Barracuda it is kind of growing on me now that I've given it some loving.

So here is my one and only Razorshark.

Tau'va.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#406 » Apr 28 2017 02:08

Very nice, you don't half get a nice smooth layer of paint going on (I know an odd thing to get all fanboy over). I had the same realisation when I put my Sunshark together. I went from total hate to full on love... It's a good job someone got me it for Christmas that year or I might never have seen it's beauty.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#407 » Apr 28 2017 02:17

Tael wrote:Good call, and thanks for the paint names Yoink! that idea. Shall use those when I paint up breachers :D ;)

Haha no worries buddy, always like to share. :biggrin:

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#408 » Apr 30 2017 09:07

Greetings Commanders. Today its been about chipping up the armour on one of my new XV-8's and I'm loving how it's turning out. :D

Ifrit
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#409 » Apr 30 2017 10:28

Brokensword wrote:Greetings Commanders. Today its been about chipping up the armour on one of my new XV-8's and I'm loving how it's turning out. :D

I believe it's safe to say we all feel the same way. Looking good can't wait to see more. :D

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#410 » Apr 30 2017 10:42

Ifrit wrote:
Brokensword wrote:Greetings Commanders. Today its been about chipping up the armour on one of my new XV-8's and I'm loving how it's turning out. :D

I believe it's safe to say we all feel the same way. Looking good can't wait to see more. :D

Yup! This model has almost a cell shaded quality to it and I love it!

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#411 » May 04 2017 02:07

Greetings Commanders. Here's a little update of what I'm currently working on and what I've done since last time.

My Cadre Fireblade.

Further reinforcements.

Adding further detailing to a number of my Cadre members for an upcoming game next week.

That's all for now.

Tau'va

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#412 » May 04 2017 05:38

Looking good... I thought I was a fast army painter, you sir are a demon! Will you be writing up a battle report for said up coming game?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#413 » May 12 2017 12:42

a cell shaded quality to it and I love it!

That really sums up what I like about your style. Great to see the new additions and the larger force in one photo - top stuff :D

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#414 » May 20 2017 07:26

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:Looking good... I thought I was a fast army painter, you sir are a demon! Will you be writing up a battle report for said up coming game?

I'll be posting up some photos from the game today as to a battle report the game turned into a bit of a big boys mucking about kind of affair as we had to go with a big apocalyptic game because of uneven number of players and one of them had picked up the wrong army box. :P

Return to “Project Logs”