Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Tau'shan Cadre WIP [ Preparing for WAR!!!]

Post#433 » May 29 2017 09:52

I was just thinking this too Darklighter.

Man, he looks great. Superb work and enjoyed the scale comparison earlier too haha. Wow.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#434 » Jun 01 2017 02:50

Greetings Commanders.

Here is an update of the Ta'unar supremacy battle suit that I am working on, now with added chipping! :D

Basing has been started with the addition of Armageddon Dust and Dunes over the sand on the base for added texture. Next up will be adding a dry brush of Terminatus Stone before a heavy was of Seraphim Sepia to finish.

Tau'va.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#435 » Jun 04 2017 02:46

That thing is such a monstrosity, the base plate would stamp out my whole Tau force in one. Haha.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#436 » Jun 04 2017 07:12

Tael wrote:That thing is such a monstrosity, the base plate would stamp out my whole Tau force in one. Haha.

Maybe it could but your Tau are some of the most iconic looking miniatures out there, so you've definitely cornered the market in 'Quality' over 'Quantity'. :)

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#437 » Jun 04 2017 07:15

Greetings Commanders.

Preparations are going well for the introduction to 8th edition.

I am pretty much done now with the Ta'unar now that the base surface has been completed. All that's now left to do is run an eye over it and spot anything that needs a touch up here and there.

Tau'va.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#438 » Jun 07 2017 12:14

Greetings Commanders.

So last night was all about painting up my Coldstar battle suit and my original Pathfinders. With 8th just around the corner I thought it prudent to get myself a Coldstar to supliment my options with my T'au army and having reactivated my original Pathfinders as we are going to need as many markerlights as possible.

At least with the Rail rifles we don't have to target the same enemy unit if we don't want to. :biggrin:
Tau'va

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#439 » Jun 07 2017 05:05

I know! Pathfinders are now a very solid choice again. I'm thinking of MSUing them with maxed out special weapons and a Shas'Ui. I think that gives me 5 4 man weapons teams at the moment 3 squads with rifles 2 Ion... I'm yet to see what can be done with the amount of drone that they can take!

Also that Supremacy suit is amazing looking! I can't wait to see what it's rules are like... Along with the other FW items.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#440 » Jun 09 2017 06:26

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:
Also that Supremacy suit is amazing looking! I can't wait to see what it's rules are like... Along with the other FW items.

Thanks buddy, it's certainly has been a labour of love with this bad boy. :)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#441 » Jun 09 2017 06:27

Agree on all fronts, I've luckily had the chance to admire these items elsewhere on social media too so you know my thoughts already :D

Commander is looking great and makes me eager to use the kit. :)

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#442 » Jun 12 2017 04:24

Greetings Commanders.

So I've been busily working away on my Ghostkeel and so I thought that it would be best to show my esteemed colleagues my progress thus far.

Tau'va.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#443 » Jun 12 2017 05:29

Tael wrote:Agree on all fronts, I've luckily had the chance to admire these items elsewhere on social media too so you know my thoughts already :D

Commander is looking great and makes me eager to use the kit. :)

Thanks Tael, appreciated. :)

The kit is such a nice kit to work with and it allows you to build a standard commander suit or the Coldstar variant. I think that you would really have fun working with them both. :D

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#444 » Jun 12 2017 07:19

Indeed, and the Ghostkeel looks great - although considering the wear, looks like he's not a pilot for slinking about, but gets stuck in :D

Your weathering technique has really evolved over the last couple of models too.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#445 » Jun 13 2017 03:23

Yeah I agree with Tael you can really see the confidence building in your technique as you move from unit to unit. I also agree that the new commander kit is awesome! Now with the new rules I may have to get one to build up in a quad gun stance. I think though the Ghostkeel is my current top choice for kits. I'm not even sure why I see more potential in the RIptide still, but it has a charm to it I can't resist!

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#446 » Jun 13 2017 03:55

I love your work Brokensword! Your paint work is inspirational and your battle damage is phenomenal :)
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#447 » Jun 13 2017 08:43

Tael wrote:Indeed, and the Ghostkeel looks great - although considering the wear, looks like he's not a pilot for slinking about, but gets stuck in :D

Your weathering technique has really evolved over the last couple of models too.

*bows

Thank you for your kind words Fio O Tael. :)

I feel that I have evolved a little bit as this project has progressed.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#448 » Jun 13 2017 08:44

Shas'O Darklighter wrote:Yeah I agree with Tael you can really see the confidence building in your technique as you move from unit to unit. I also agree that the new commander kit is awesome! Now with the new rules I may have to get one to build up in a quad gun stance. I think though the Ghostkeel is my current top choice for kits. I'm not even sure why I see more potential in the RIptide still, but it has a charm to it I can't resist!

The Ghostkeel has become the favourite battle suit unit for a lot of people in 8th edition. I'm going to have to re arm one of my Riptides now with the HBC now.

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#449 » Jun 13 2017 08:47

Bloodknife92 wrote:I love your work Brokensword! Your paint work is inspirational and your battle damage is phenomenal :)

Many thanks Bloodknife92, it's been a learning process for myself. It it has certainly paid off it would seem.

Paints I used:

Grey primer.
Rakarth.
Mechanicus grey.
The Fang or Fenris grey (sept colour for my Tau'shan sept).
Agrax earthshade.
Nuln oil.
Retributor gold.
Moot green.
Leadbelcher.
Rhinox (for the chipping)
White scar.
Abaddon black.
Ulthran grey.

Tau'va

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#450 » Jun 13 2017 06:55

Nice list of paints :) Did you blend the colours yourself on your Ghostkeel's Fusion Collider? Or did you Airbrush it? :)
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Return to “Project Logs”