minamoto's little projects

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
minamoto
Shas

Re: minamoto's little projects

Post#55 » Jan 20 2009 06:58

Someone said I mentioned an update *looks into Shavauns direction* :dead:

Okay took a bit longer then thought but here we go.

The legs just need a few touch ups and higlight and are done. The Heavy Bolter also just needs a few touch ups so I can go on to the big part - the torso in a few days.

Greetings
minamoto

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#56 » Jan 20 2009 07:02

uuuh update goodie!

wow that Dread looks really nice! ... or ... well rotten and stuff ... what ever is good for a follower of Nurgle

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#57 » Jan 20 2009 10:24

minamoto wrote:Someone said I mentioned an update *looks into Shavauns direction* :dead:

Stealthfield activated“ *the brand new prototype make some fitz sounds and nothing else happens*. “Damn ...Shavaun hides behind Che and pretends he is not here. :P

Looks nice so far! What will you do with the base? The chaos-desert-volcano-deamon-burned-soil-thing we talked on page 2? If the answer is “Yes”, may I recommend to make some brown and/or rotten areas around the feet?

So long!
-Shavaun
Es ist soweit: Zwerge werfen weite Schatten

minamoto
Shas

minamoto's little projects - pic heavy - Feb 2nd

Post#58 » Feb 02 2009 07:05

*Long long time ago I can still remember...* Well, I can't!

So what do we have for today. Actually I tried to put something up on friday. Didn't work for some strange reason :P :fear:

First the Dread.
Almost finished the legs - No they aren't finished, yet :dead:
And for the future I am going to post the Nurgle specific Updates here on the PapaNurgle.com-forum. So I don't have to spam our Tau-forum with nurglesque heretics :biggrin: but if still requested i can too post this stuff here

So the pictures:

Also I have a pic of the long requested PF's
still need to finish the arms - but as soon these are done I do some more pics of them.

My Kroot. I hated painting these so there are only 8 painted and 4 still to do - don't know when they will be finished... and I will never buy those again :D

The yet 3 man strong StealthTeam. The next ones will have some stealth effect on their armour as I think the grey is to boring.

The white ring designate them as drones belonging to a vehicle. Markings for the specific vehicle are still missing as I want to finish my two DF's first.

This was one of my first models I painted for my Tau. It's short before completion. Though I am not satisfied how it looks in real life - havent decided yet if I keep going with the blue colour on the engines, I think I swap on white for those that are still to come. And it's to much blue on the front. Next time I should only do the nose... learning by doing. At least I like the camo :crafty:

AND... Tatatahh - okay they are not worth the attention!
My very first Firewarriors from 2-3 years ago. These are the only ones that are not broken, I took them out of the cary case and all the others lost their arms :dead: Maybe you see some evolution in my paintingskills since ATT and since I painted these and today (Dread) :D

here you can see the rest awaiting to be glued.

That's it so far!
C&C as always welcome!
Greetings
minamoto
Last edited by minamoto on Feb 02 2009 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#59 » Feb 02 2009 07:28

those look great minamoto!

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#60 » Feb 05 2009 12:34

How could I miss this update?!?
Great work on the Dreadnought and you should, at least, present the result here on ATT. AT LEAST!
Your Tau look great, too. Why do you hate to paint Kroot? I just ask, because I do not have a single Kroot in my army and I do not want to change this fact :D . Your Stealths do not look boring to me, but maybe you should not use blue and white altogether on the shoulder guard and add more black. Maybe on the hooves for example. But I do not want to prevent you from adding a stealth effect :P .
You should see my Stealth, they deserve a new paint-job. I am also thinking about a stealth effect, but I am not sure at the moment (... and, right now, I have another project :D ).
The idea to mark drones, which are designed for a certain role, is very interesting. I think that you can consider it as stolen :D . The D-Fish also looks great, and I agree with you, that the blue paint on the engines is too much. The engines stand out a little bit. I think that a darker colour would be better.

Keep on Mr. moto
So long!
-Shavaun

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#61 » Feb 05 2009 04:33

Minamoto, you will continue to post pictures of that Dreadnought here; Father Nurgle demands it! If you fail to comply, I'll have to sic Mortius on you (my Terminator Lord w/ twin lightning claws and a Skaven head :P )

...Yes, I'm a Chaos player too; I can't be a good guy ALL the time! :crafty:

minamoto
Shas

Post#62 » Apr 17 2009 11:10

... god **** I needed to use the search function to find my own thread :-?
*takes a deep breath and blows of the dust*

Nurgle Dread? what? Nono I never talk to those guys ;) in a month or so haha

Once upon a time... I can not remember I used to paint Tau stuff, hey hey, I got new ones. Finally I found the time to do some work on my Tau'Shan Unit.
I must say, it was really great fun to do the weathered armour so far. except for the head. working with Foundation colours is very difficult if you use them as "regular" paint. because the different tones are so different in its consistency, Gnarloc Green seperates into yellow and blue by time, Fenris Grey is very thick but Dehnep Stone can be used very easy and I could achieve even layers by adding water.

Further I added chipping (wich was the first time, I tried another technique), but looking at Sabre's XV15 and DF makes me cry :::( because the chipping and weathering looks so much better.
How do you do chipping or scratches on black/dark grey surfaces?

Nevertheless I also would like to add source lightning to the "eyes" and lenses. Does anybody have a good tutorial or a special technique to do this?

And another question for Brokensword, in wich coulour are you painting the tips of the Missiles? :D

So enough blabla -> pics!

[Edit] I got a new Camera so please forgive me the crappy pics.

Thanks for reading and patience C&C as always appreciated
- please come again

minamoto

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#63 » Apr 17 2009 11:27

Pictures! Pictures! It has to be Easter! ;)

It seems to me that Grandfather Nurgle has influenced you more than I thought :D All this dirt :)
I simply love it!
Maybe you can make a quick tutorial how you archieved the chipping effect? Great work moto!

So long!
-Shavaun

PS: Do not panic! We have not forgotten the dread ;)

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#64 » Apr 17 2009 11:53

minamoto wrote:... god **** I needed to use the search function to find my own thread :-?
*takes a deep breath and blows of the dust*

Nurgle Dread? what? Nono I never talk to those guys ;) in a month or so haha

Once upon a time... I can not remember I used to paint Tau stuff, hey hey, I got new ones. Finally I found the time to do some work on my Tau'Shan Unit.
I must say, it was really great fun to do the weathered armour so far. except for the head. working with Foundation colours is very difficult if you use them as "regular" paint. because the different tones are so different in its consistency, Gnarloc Green seperates into yellow and blue by time, Fenris Grey is very thick but Dehnep Stone can be used very easy and I could achieve even layers by adding water.

Further I added chipping (wich was the first time, I tried another technique), but looking at Sabre's XV15 and DF makes me cry :::( because the chipping and weathering looks so much better.
How do you do chipping or scratches on black/dark grey surfaces?

Nevertheless I also would like to add source lightning to the "eyes" and lenses. Does anybody have a good tutorial or a special technique to do this?

And another question for Brokensword, in wich coulour are you painting the tips of the Missiles? :D

Minamoto ,

Those pic's are awesome ! They look even better than mine ! You've got the toning just right, did you use my technique of wet drybrushing? ;) I seriously will have to get my butt into gear and jazz my guy's up abit, your setting the standard for the Tau'shan Garrison :biggrin: All in all my friend, that is some excellent work that you've done there, as i geuss was to be expected. :)

Missile's were based in Astronomican grey , then a couple of layers of skull white and hey presto. :biggrin:
Last edited by Brokensword on Apr 18 2009 05:11, edited 2 times in total.

Joek
Shas

Post#65 » Apr 17 2009 04:54

Love the weathering there Minamoto! As I think this is the first time I've seen this thread ( :eek: ), I have to say I love the camo you've given your Tau drones - really original! The Nurgle dreadnought's looking good too :D

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#66 » Apr 18 2009 05:19

My examples of the Tau'shan camo scheme.

Shas O Tau'shan Tau'va Mu'ssashi "Brokensword"
Tactical Suppression Force Sa'las

Shas Vre Tau'shan Sa'las

But as i've already said, I think that i need to do abit more to these guys now to keep up with you :)

It make's me feel quite Honoured that you have done this model in the Tau'shan style.

minamoto
Shas

Post#67 » Apr 18 2009 10:04

Shas'vre Shavaun wrote:Maybe you can make a quick tutorial how you archieved the chipping effect? Great work moto!

Cheeky Sod :P :D
I was asked the same on Papa Nurgle
Copy/paste-magic:
Ehh the chipping? fairly easy!
I used this Tutorial and that's it.
Simply push little black batches onto the surface with a scrubby brush. But now I would rather go for a dark grey which I think will look more homogeneous than black.
And than paint a grey outline onto the lower edge of the batches. Easier said than done, but that's the basic thing.
You could go for a even brighter grey and do the top edge to with an outline.

Better not listening to that... go and find your own tutorial, as I think my chipping is very beginner-like.

Brokensword wrote:Those pic's are awesome ! They look even better than mine ! You've got the toning just right, did you use my technique of wet drybrushing? ;)

Thank you very much - I don't want to blame you - :) As I think your minis also look great!
And yes this "wet-drybrushing" suprisingly worke much much better than expected for the Dehnep Stone. With the Fenris Grey I have little trouble still to smoothe but I will work on it.

Compliment from Joek :eek:
*turns from blue to red*

Now I will go on with the painting... maybe an update in a few day - this is NO promise :P

minamoto
Shas

Post#68 » Apr 21 2009 03:05

Another Small Update on the suit.
My Jack Daniel's calendar makes a great background :P
I sadly can't cope right with that new camera, yet. So the detail-shots I actually did are all pretty crappy and must be redone by time.

I have done little work on it. Just glued it together, broke it and glued it again :sad: Now I just have to paint up the left food, I accidently painted two right ones, and add some Dust onto the feet and Legs.
Then this guy should be finished.
I also tried myself on source lightning (see TA) I badly failed. I have to refine my technique, and I think it's pretty difficult to do source lighing with red colour - everything turns pink and rosa :dead:

Another two suits are in the Pipe. Should be finished until weekend.

That's it for now.
C&C as always welcome
Greetings

Shas'vre Shavaun
Shas

Post#69 » Apr 22 2009 04:42

minamoto wrote:Better not listening to that... go and find your own tutorial, as I think my chipping is very beginner-like.

It is good enough for me :D I am not the most gifted painter ;) , so every hint is welcome :)

minamoto wrote:this is NO promise :P

I cannot hear you! The music is too loud :P

Heidenei! I like your suit a lot, but the head and the missile pods look a little bit too clean. Will you add some chipping here too?

I am eagerly waiting for a new update! Spirits that I've cited // My commands ignore :D

So long!
-Shavaun

Brokensword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#70 » Apr 22 2009 07:52

Meine Tau'shan Bruder,

Minamoto, that XV8 is definatley comming along very nicely indeed :) , I do agree with Shas'vre Shavaun about the head section, but about from that it's gorgeous :nice:

So you have two right feet then ? :P

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#71 » Apr 22 2009 08:37

Aye..thats looking great, the weathering doesn't dominate too much at all.

top stuff man,
Tael.

minamoto
Shas

Post#72 » Apr 23 2009 02:48

Shas'vre Shavaun wrote:Heidenei! I like your suit a lot, but the head and the missile pods look a little bit too clean. Will you add some chipping here too?

As long as you don't "Hau de Heide 'naus" everything is fine :P
Well actually my intesion was to have more scratches and chipping on the lower body/Legs/Feet and decrease it the higher I come. To show that the lower body get more hits because a Suit wont dive head down out of the sky :D But a few more scratches on the higher parts wont do no harm.

Better to have two right feet, then two left thumbs? :D

Ohh, thanks Tael. I am very honourd to get such a comment from such a gifted painter like you.

Return to “Project Logs”