Imcrazy's Corner. Warning pic heavy.

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Imcrazy
Shas

Imcrazy's Corner. Warning pic heavy.

Post#1 » Feb 14 2009 05:49

Hi

Welcome to my little corner on this awesome site.
Here I will try to keep you updated on my progress of painting and to a limited degree converting.

I will mainly concentrate on letting the pictures do the talking, so that is why there is a warning.

I started with my Tau army around the summer of 2007. so been at it for about 6 years soon. and i still love them blue guys.

here is a pic of how it all started:
back then i had something in the lines of:

1x commander with 2 bodyguards
4x firewarriors squads, two with devilfishes
1x stealthsuit team
1x pathfinder team with a devilfish
1x piranha team
1x sniper team
1x hammerhead
1x Sky ray

this was my first 2000p and my first games were played at a tournament. needless to say i lost all the games, but i had fun, and i fealt at home with tau.

my paintscheme at the time:
was supposed to be inspired by the swedish military camo, called M90.
fun fact, i was advised not to use goblin green, i used it anyways, nowdays i don't know why. looked horrible.

also i really like doing lists, and being somewhat "fluff correct" alteast its something i try to think about rather than making a competative list.
which was really great with 6th edition, and the rules adding multible force organisation charts. it gave me a great reason to rework my now quite big army, in to a contigent.

since the years went on, I've done a couple of repaints trying to find a paintscheme that i like
witch lead to this, it's semi-resent pic of my army nowdays, some stuff missing, but it gives you an idea atleast.

the newer stuff is in the botom of picture, and the older at the top.

I still try to use green as my primary colours, but i've gone more into "regular" tau colors also, useing markings for teamleaders and such.
imagineing that they come from some kind of a forest planitary system. where the under vegi is more or less non-existant, but since tyranids have started to make an aproach its starting to pop up more and more.

also since i have gue'vesas, there is supposed to be some imperial forgotten planet around.

and so talking about my contigent, this is it's composition nowdays.

First Cadre:

1x commander with bodyguards (warlord)
1x Ethereal
2x firewarrior squads
2x kroot squads (one with a shaper)
1x stealthsuit team
1x xv8 team
1x xv104 riptide
1x pathfinder team with devilfish
1x Vespid Stingwing team
1x Gun drone squadron
1x Xv88 team
1x Hammerhead (longstrike)
1x Sky ray

second Cadre:

1x commander with bodyguard
1x Cadre fireblade
3x Firewarrior squads with 2x devilfishes
1x Gue'vesa team
2x Xv8 teams
1x Piranha team
1x Pathfinder team
1x Tetra team
1x Sniper team
1x Gue'vesa Basilisk

third support element

1x Gundrone squadron
1x remora drone squadron (probably gonna scrap this)
1x tigershark ax 10
3x Hammerheads
1x Aegis defence line

anyways: this is my latest update: here
Last edited by Imcrazy on Sep 23 2014 05:18, edited 27 times in total.
KISS - keep it simple stupid

stghoser
Shas

Re: Imcrazy´s WIP Painting Blog

Post#2 » Feb 14 2009 03:05

Hey thats lookin pretty good. I like tha colors and they work well together. It seems to me that you use the new GW washs? I personally love them and have a lot of luck with the green to build depth and shadeing into cloaks for my HIgh Elve. What has your luck been? It looks to me that you do, as the Tetra seems to be done pretty well with them help from them.

Thats also quite an impressive army, and looks like you have a wide range to pick from for flexability when you build a army for a game. Great work and keep the pics coming, I would love to see more.

Hoser
Why can't we all just get along?

speedfreek
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 14 2009 03:45

I like the way your army looks!

I can't recall ever seeing it at any Swedish tournaments though.
But then again, I'm so into my own stuff I sometimes don't even remember my opponent's army after an hour...

/Pär

Wodai
Shas

Post#4 » May 20 2009 04:22

Nice to see some quality stuff coming out of our country ^^.

Önskar att jag hade tålamodet att måla en längre tid..
;)

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Post#5 » May 31 2009 07:52

That terrain is looking pretty cool Imcrazy, especially from the waters surface, are you going to have any kind of buildings on it?

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#6 » Jun 05 2009 02:02

sweet. This weekend, I think I'm going to buy some pink foam and cut myself a 4X4 gaming table out of my spare plywood. (it's 4X6 so I may just keep it that dimension) You have inspired my design.

Wodai
Shas

Post#7 » Jun 07 2009 10:44

The table is coming up quite good I think. I hope you pick up the spillage, you enviromental bandit ;)

E'nigma
Shas

Re: Imcrazy's Corner.

Post#8 » May 10 2012 03:20

Imcrazy wrote:Image

the newer painted stuff is to the left in the pictures, and an older variant of my paintscheme is to the right, also, my still not finished tiger shark.

That's a pretty good army you have started there. What is your army composition?

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: Imcrazy's Corner. Warning pic heavy.

Post#9 » Apr 09 2013 09:19

I am liking that head. I have one of my own that I would show you, but I can't due to the conversion challenge. I would not feel safe constantly moving the model and relying on that plastic pin as the sole hip support. While mostly hollow there is still a lot of plastic up there. I would go brass or steel.

Imcrazy
Shas

Re: Imcrazy's Corner. Warning pic heavy.

Post#10 » May 01 2013 06:32

so, time for an update. here's my completed gue'vesa basilisk. been a wip for too long, so i figured that i needed to finish it.

also, waiting on a new shipment, with some magnets, terrain, and finally a foe for the tau, namely nids, will be fun to have a small army to fight in friendly games trying to get new people intrested, and also fun to do something else than tau, but no worries will finish the riptide before starting with the nids.

Imcrazy
Shas

Re: Imcrazy's Corner. Warning pic heavy. updated introduction.

Post#11 » May 07 2013 05:14

-
Last edited by Imcrazy on May 08 2014 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#12 » May 08 2013 07:42

so here is another update, felt like getting my longstrike done, and here is the result:

same pic but bigger here

wanted to keep the default theme on him, ust to get the feeling of him being unique.
also, he will have magnets on his feet, both on a base and on the turret to double as a objective, if i would want it.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#13 » May 24 2013 07:20

sitting here painting, and just wanted to put up an update since it's been a while.

first of all, my riptide is still on standby, since I'm waiting on a shipment of magnets. so I've started work on the hq for my 2nd cadre:

more or less done with one of the bodyguards, missing some more highlights, and then its just making the base.

in the mid is the commander, with his arms in possible final position (not glued on for now, since i plan to paint them seperatly)
and to the right the other bodyguard. all of them are supposed to be in "just lifted of mode" also, i like to mirror loadouts, as you can see.

Bigger picture with flash xD

also i've started assembling my nids a bit. it sure is a hole lot of stuff to clean.

almost scared for future cleaning of the blob parts. (gaunts and such) xD

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#14 » Jul 08 2013 10:52

Time for an update again.

Haven't really been painting for a while now, but instead I've continued on my gameingtable.
Where this is one of the "plates" that is almost ready for painting.

same but from different angle.

The plate itself is 10*10" and will be one out of 6.

With the gameingtable being configured to have 6 of them, or 4 and one 20*10.
Depending on the faceing of the table.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#15 » Jul 11 2013 02:34

Another quick update, here is two pictures of the terrain table, with a mockup on how I want it. Also showing of the modular sence of it.

The thing that I'm a bit scared of is that line of sight will be a bit to easy to get, since overall it is very flat.
So having the two hills is atleast a must. don't know about height, and gradient.
I do have a vision of haveing som trees on/ below the hills atleast.

But overall it really is fun to work on.

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#16 » Apr 07 2014 04:27

And with the winter almost gone. I am almost done with my hibernation.
With that being said, hopefully i will find the energy to continue my painting and fixing of my terrain table.

more or less the only thing i've gotten done this winter is gotten the basic paint done on one suit:
the one on the right that is.

also i just did another picture of all my tau stuff:
"only" things missing is the tigershark that is a bit big (and heavy) and a unbuild tetra, and loads of unbuilt drones.

Bigger picture if anyone wants a closer look

Imcrazy
Shas

Post#17 » Apr 26 2014 05:58

Since the sun has been shineing and it has been warm outside, I found the energy to do some more on my tau landingpad. (been drilling holes for the last two days ust to be able to add putty)

image of the anti-mold

and this is how it turned out after.

also was thinking a bit about possible barriers for the corners, so I made a quick mockup of a possible look:
Would love some feedback on it, the plan is to find a nice look for em and then make 3 more. Putting one in each corner.

edit: Is there any admin who could delete the old posts that are emty, couldent delete them myself.

tehlegend
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#18 » Apr 26 2014 08:00

I like the idea of a Tau landing pad, i imagine the biggest selling point for a piece like this would have to be the panel lines. Hard edge straight and curved panel lines scored into the ramps and barriers will really make it fit the Tau aesthetic.

Looking forward to your next update.

Return to “Project Logs”