::-GD BLOG-:: [Closed] GOLD WON!

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: 13 days until GD!!! ::-GD BLOG-::

Post#181 » Sep 14 2009 07:15

As far as I can discern the shield reads "ooou" though the second O is mispainted and subject to interpretation, though its what I found most fitting. On the right shoulder is written "4t ayt" (or so it seems).

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#182 » Sep 14 2009 07:20

Looking good Warhound! The painting is coming along very nicely. I like the base, but I think it could use just a little sand here and there. One thing that is bugging me though is the Missile Pod on his right shoulder. Is it crooked or is it just me!?

Warhound
Shas

Post#183 » Sep 14 2009 07:48

Miond- getting closer... I Haven't put the emphasise on some of the 'blocking' it seems in the font, so need to sharpen that up :? Shield is meant to say 'Mark' and the Shoulder pad is indeed "T'ayt" or rather Tait! :D

Wolfy: Yes, I think that the sand is the next step (tonight) and the MP's are just positioned on- not glued so this will be rectified;-P

cheers
W
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#184 » Sep 14 2009 11:13

"Ooou" I think I can see why it made no sense, I read the script on the shield bottom facing inwards on the shield, when it fact that is upside down:
Image Image (The last letter is mispainted though :roll: )

It does transcribe flawlessly into T'ait (which I can find no translation to beyond T being to/for). Although I orriginally thought it was meant to say T'att, 'For ATT' :P
If it is supposed to only say T'ait you might want to change the symbol slightly, as it resembles four way too closely.

That said, I really admire your steady hand (Well, all of your painting really), I for one could never hope to get that fine script onto one of my models,
..I'd have to make some contraption to do that for me :evil:

-Miond
*wants to see more model*

Warhound
Shas

Post#185 » Sep 14 2009 11:26

LOL! 'For ATT'- OF COURSE- this shall def go on somewhere!

I used the numeral 4, just as an aesthetic- it breaks up the monotany of small text and also is 'suit' 4 from this particular cadre;-)

cheers
W

More tomorrow folks!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#186 » Sep 14 2009 06:22

If GW doesn't get the message about Tau suits by these entries I don't know what will; you don't see Truescale marines entered into GD in the usual sections but Tau players? we completely rework the model, expand it's proportions.. and then enter it. The standard suit is simply not enough.

All the proof I need that to gain any kudos at GD, you have to completely rebuild a Tau miniature hahaha.. :D

Looking forward to tomorrow's iimages :)

~ Tael.

J8
Shas

Post#187 » Sep 14 2009 07:28

I remember being suspicious back in 2001 when I saw that severed Tau head on your vehicle entry, it was pretty much my first sight of the race, and now your brandishing your name on your miniature :eek: how could anyone else hope to compete?
I like what you did on the leg, it draws a better attention to the added height of the model, the reason why I had the epaulet and the high leg blocking on separate images to begin with was partly because they were too claustrophobic together, nicely done, and the patch on the missile pod rounds it off adding colour to the rear.

I never pictured Statler and Waldorf saying "Dude", and mixing quotes really Tael, I thought it must of come from a classic film that had being reiterated through pop culture. I Considered quoting various films about disappointment speeches but I've resisted from doing that.

Why are Space Marine officers Bald? Long ago a scribe miswrote they were to have Epilates to distinquish them.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#188 » Sep 14 2009 08:47

Well I agree on the Dude comment there J8, but yes.. you got the obscure reference :) What's that 2.5 days? I think I have an ATT record for longest time before someone called it. :D

Muppets rock.
Tael.

I now return you to your normal GD watching channel.

Miond
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#189 » Sep 15 2009 12:31

Well, I fell to temptation once again and just had to.. yeah.

Disclaimer: Picture is drawn and owned by Sebastian Stuart aka 'Shas'El Tael' of http://www.eastern-empire.com/

I'd almost order you to print it out and slap it on the display stand with the model,
but that'd be insubordinate, so I'll leave it at 'a heartfelt recommendation' ;)
(Don't forget the diclaimer)

edit - Yeah, so I can get in trouble too.. - Tael.
edit2 - ...and ask for Taels permission before it goes anywhere regardless. On a less serious note: Bumpersticker! :evil: -Miond.

-Miond
Last edited by Miond on Sep 19 2009 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

Warhound
Shas

Post#190 » Sep 18 2009 09:56

Hey Guys,

apologies for the lack of updates- quite frankly, the suit has been doing my nut this week and so, instead of putting up progress shots which wouldn't really show much change, I decided to get some headspace and just get on with it. The plan being that it should be finished by tomorrow, then straight onto the necron lord!

On that note- I am still stuck on how to base him?

Any ideas?- sand dune, imperial COD setting, other?

I will be back!

cheers
W

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#191 » Sep 18 2009 10:08

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that Necron! I think it would be cool if you could show that this is a battle between the IG and Crons. After defeating the Commissars squad, the Lord holds his body high in triumph to demoralize the remaining Guardsmen. ABANDON ALL HOPE!

I guess that would transfer into seeing some Imperial wreckage (broken weapons, gear, maybe a vehicle part) and have some scorch marks or damage to the battlefield.

I hope this helps!

Fraggle
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#192 » Sep 18 2009 10:19

If you're going to do the Necron in the standard dark metal colouring, I'd suggest a desert style base, as a contrast.

Warhound
Shas

Post#193 » Sep 18 2009 10:23

Good call- my mate was saying about him being stood on a ruined cupola, having just yoinked the commander out, but this would stretch the base restrictions somewhat- being as single should be 25mm bases!;-)

Something more subtle would work well though?

What about necron architecture with desert style base (cheers fraggle)- does this make anyone smile?

cheers
W

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#194 » Sep 18 2009 10:28

Hmm, that would look pleasing, but to me it seems like the Commissar needs a little context. Showing even part of a cupola or some kind of Imperial scenery will show a battle context. Otherwise, it seems like he is just coming home and showing the boys what he found.

What if you cut the roof of an Imperial vehicle to fit the size of the base and then had the ripped apart cupola somewhere at his feet. That would give the impression that he is standing on top of the vehicle, yanking out a fresh kill.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said 25mm base. Yikes, that is kind of small...

Warhound
Shas

Re: 9 days until GD!!! ::-GD BLOG-::

Post#195 » Sep 18 2009 10:34

Actually, that is not a bad idea....

There was a cool duel about 6 years ago with a similar effect, but if I just had the flat of the roof of the cupola, then this would work (I am using a 40mm base, as this can be squeezed in much like terminators or warbosses)

Any other gems?

cheers
W

J.J.
Shas

Post#196 » Sep 19 2009 09:31

Not to nitpick, but if he was pulling out a "fresh" kill would the commissar be quite so skellified? He looks like an old kill to me. Just a thought.

Panhead
Shas

Post#197 » Sep 19 2009 11:25

I always like to think that Gauss weapons "flay" the skin/muscle from their victims. Leaving only the skeleton :)

Slick paintjob on the lord, I think a tank base would be quite cool, if you can pull it off!
It's the imperfections that make something unique

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#198 » Sep 19 2009 08:41

Kind of like that movie from the 90's... Mars Attacks? is that right? That's an excellent model though...

Return to “Project Logs”