::-GD BLOG-:: [Closed] GOLD WON!

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Mas'ana
Shas

Re: ::-GD BLOG-:: closed+ GOLD WON!!!!

Post#231 » Sep 29 2009 01:32

Fantastic work there! Just checked out your model on the GW site, and it is so hot that I nearly burned my eyes (eyebrows are gone though :) ). Your work is an inspiration and I cannot wait to see what you manage to throw at us in the future.
"'Kill!' shouted Ford. He shouted it at his towel.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#232 » Sep 29 2009 01:49

congrats on gold! I would make you a congrats image... but I promised Tael I'd stop doing that...

mangozac
Kor

Post#233 » Sep 29 2009 04:38

Hey Warhound sorry for the late reply (I'm at my folks' place for the week) but I just wanted to add to the list of congratulations! I've been itching to find out how you went and am so glad that you did so well! Great job buddy ;)

Tael
Fio'O

Post#234 » Sep 29 2009 05:06

Hey hey hey, nicely done Warhound :D

Just found out after logging in at a wifi cafe this morning. Needed my caffe' y'know!

Congrats on the win and deservedly so for the amount of effort having gone into the model, like I said earlier, special set of combined skills there ;)

As for beating Tael to it? I scored a demon a few years ago with my Duel entry "Nimbosa Knifefight", however the folks on stage with me were certainly not as affable as Warhound here, their comments on other entrants and general clique behaviour left a sour taste in my mouth and I haven't entered a GD since. I think building the entry like Warhound's blog here would have been great fun back then.

Considering I'll be living elsewhere, maybe give a go in another country haha! Maybe England eh Warhound! :D (Team Tau)

No promises though, that first experience really tainted the GD for me.

Anyhooooo.. congrats man, now paint up those XV9's! :D

- Tael.

mangozac
Kor

Re: ::-GD BLOG-:: [Closed] GOLD WON!

Post#235 » Sep 30 2009 04:28

Oh and also, Happy Birthday to Warhound for the weekend. A Golden Demon is not a bad birthday present, eh?

Warhound
Shas

Post#236 » Sep 30 2009 05:25

GOOD morning chaps!

Right, to be honest, I am rubbish at taking photo's, so have compiled a few here so that people can the full effect...

Not a lot more to be said really- It was a great weekend all be told and it was so nice to meet up with old international friends, see and hear new stuff about our blue friends and yes, take my 5th gold!

Anyway, onto the shots:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/home.jsp - yup he's on the front page;-P

Check out the Tau ambassador also in the large scale category!- VERY nice cloth and lettering in the flesh!

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/

Thanks again to all for their support, ideas and input. Remember- this forum has some pure genius on it- make the most of it!

EDIT: oH, and for the record, I did beat Tael (his piece was 2004) My, Tau Ambassador was 2002, and first winner was 1994! Sorry Tael, and also for the fact that GD knocked it out of you- that is a real shame! :sad:
See here:
http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274

cheers
W
Last edited by Warhound on Oct 12 2009 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

cross.mountain
Fio'Ui

Post#237 » Sep 30 2009 06:13

Congrats, Warhound! Your suit looks really cool. :) I followed your thread silently over the the last weeks and I'm impressed by your result. Kudos!

Wolfs16
Fio'El

Post#238 » Sep 30 2009 06:18

You know, someone must really love the Tau at GW. A bunch of articles recently and now the first image you see for the GD is a Crisis Suit!

It looks beautiful Warhound and you should be proud.

Q'iq'el
Shas

Post#239 » Sep 30 2009 09:32

I've just seen the pictures posted on GW site and I've immediately recognized this suit. Congratulations!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#240 » Sep 30 2009 09:37

Ahh, a full length shot. Very nice! I did see the Ambassador you mentioned, though the model itself is not my cup of tea. Quality paintwork all the same.

As for my experience of GD, it was more the Australian circuit that was the killjoy. Nice to read about the comradeship of the European set though. Good tally over the years too!

Didn't realise it was your birthday man! felices cumpleaños amigo! Now that's how you do GD haha :D

- Tael.

Return to “Project Logs”