[Wolfs16's Tau Log] The ARC-16's (COMPLETE)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Re: [Wolfs16's Tau Log] The ARC-16's (Updated 8-27-10)

Post#595 » Aug 29 2010 11:18

Thanks for the compliment Termy! :)

Jester, your comments and opinions are always appreciated. I don't think I would be posting this stuff here if I didn't want feedback! But I'm afraid I disagree when you say that it loses the Tau look. The profile is low and swept to the ground, to give it more of a hovercraft, heavy lifter look. The engines, while not swept in the direction of Tau aircraft and facing the same direction with similar angles so it keeps the flowing the right way. This tank is not built for agility, but built to haul the gigantic railgun! :D I think that for its intended function in the army it fits the design. As for the SMS, they are staying where they are. I am getting really sick of this tank by now, so I just want it to be done and over with! :D

Majonga, I agree that less is more and that overdoing detail can kill a model, so I will wait till I finished the engine mounts completely, then I will see how everything else look.

Martial
Gue

Post#596 » Aug 30 2010 08:18

Wolf, I won't discuss on the modelling since it's simply perfect for me. And when I look at this babby, I imagine it with two railguns on each side of the main hull, just beside of the cockpit, and the roof of the TX as flat as possible. It could make a cool mini-Tigershark!!

But I disgress...the SMS are well placed! That keeps the aerodynamic look of the whole vehicle without breaking the lines.

Now on the painting, is it me or your red is much brighter than on your other models? And the glow of each engine is strange too...I though that the little inclined panels inside of the engine was some sort of "shutters" to regulate the oxygene flow (and thus the speed). Myself, I've painted the area between each shutters, as you can see there (no the mold lines are not here, it's just an illusion! No comment please! :roll: ):

I know it's my own interpretation, but I wanted to share it so you can see what it looks like.

Keep your wheels on the rail(gun)! :D

Patchoro
Shas

Post#597 » Aug 31 2010 02:27

Awesome work. I really like your design for your modified Hammerhead. Is it me or do you use a lot of green stuff to make surfaces? isn't it easier to use plasticard and fill gaps with greeenstuff?
Stop tweaking that baby in danger of overdoing it. Looking forward to the finished tank.

Martial wrote:I thought that the little inclined panels inside of the engine was some sort of "shutters" to regulate the oxygene flow (and thus the speed). Myself, I've painted the area between each shutters, as you can see there (no the mold lines are not here, it's just an illusion! No comment please! :roll: ):

I totally agree with you on that. I think that your approach looks more realistic. I saw your comment and applied it to my own Devilfish.

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#598 » Sep 01 2010 11:43

Martial:
No, the red is the same. The tank looks totally normal next to all the other models, I think it just the lighting. As for your engine lighting suggestion, I think that looks great and I would love to use that on my next build, but for right now I just want to get this thing done and over with! I have been working on this model for weeks and it is boring the life out of me now! :::(

Patchoro:
Yes, I did use a lot of greenstuff and yes, I could (should) have done things a bit differently. I have learned a lot from working on this beast and hope to apply those lessons in the future. :)

Guys, I am seriously getting burned out working on this tank. :sad: There always seems to be something else to do on it; it never ends! Needless to say, I am really looking forwarding to just finishing this thing! So here is the current painting progress. I would say I'm about 85% there:

There are just some details that need finishing, but I'm getting close! Once the painting is done, all I gotta do is finish the crews background and we should be good to go!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Wolfs16's Tau Log] The ARC-16's (Updated 9-02-10)

Post#599 » Sep 02 2010 07:05

Adding the cannon is definitely an improvement. I'm sorry but... did we ever get any fluff for guy? Am I oblivious, or is it yet to come?
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

Crunchy_Monk
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#600 » Sep 02 2010 08:33

Niiice.

I would be fairly intimidated if I saw that pointing at me from across the table. If anything, I like the look of the low slant on the nacelles.
Aur'ocq shath'r'i tskan sha Tau'va

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#601 » Sep 02 2010 08:50

Don't worry my pretties, there will be background. I finished painting the tank and am currently writing the backstory now. Basically, everything about this model has been a struggle. I have had trouble on all three aspects of the hobby during the weeks I have been working on this beast. Part of that was massive writers block, so I have like 5 variations of the tanks backstory and am trying to glean the good info from the bits I have around.

Final pictures of the tank and previews of what's to come in the future will be in the next post...

Null
Fio

Post#602 » Sep 02 2010 09:22

Wolfs16 wrote:I have had trouble on all three aspects of the hobby during the weeks I have been working on this beast. Part of that was massive writers block
I blame "Scriptoronus" the Chaos God of writers block!! He has a habit of sticking his fingers where they don't belong :( .

Ah well, I'm sure it will be fine! If it follows the course of all the other fluff you've written so far, it will be great!

- null

Rus'el
Shas

Post#603 » Sep 03 2010 03:36

Hi Wolf,

I've looked through your epic thread, I can't believe I have missed so much! Where have I been?! :eek:

Your Hammerhead has been through some huge changes, it's great that you documented its progress as you can really see how it has evolved. And I'm glad to see that it has grown into one handsome beast indeed! :smile:

However - and I know you're sick to death of this darn Hammerhead and just want it finished (I have a rather negative disposition to painting vehicles too) - But I would like to suggest one change that shouldn't require too much hacking. - I apologize if these points have been covered before. I have looked through your thread but with so many posts to read I naturally may have missed some.

There are two small issues that I feel could be changed to benifit the final HH. The first of which is the of-set placment of Mangozac's Railcannon. For such a large weapon to be placed slightly to one side seems a little odd. The second issue is the size of the smart missile system. I think that they are possibly too small.

Both of these areas could be fixed by one simple solution which I think Millitantjester suggested earlier in the build, but I really think he's on to something.
You could replace your current turret with the SMS one from FW then simply(?) place the Railcannon Vertically in the space between the two SMS. I really feel that this would make the HH look better balanced and the larger SMS would sit nicer against the larger proportions of the craft.

Once again Wolf I apologize for the lateness of this input, and I'll totally understand if you tell me where to stuff my ideas in not so many words. But better late than never. :-?

Anyway, great thread, great read, great conversions and great army!

Rus'el
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left!

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#604 » Sep 03 2010 07:38

Thanks for the input Rus! I envy your skills, so it means a lot to hear that you like my work.

I have heard your suggestion before, and while I see why you bring it up, I haw decided not to go that route for 2 reasons:

1.) The SMS is a secondary weapon system. So I would not want it to overshadow the main weapon. Also, compared to the standard SMS, it is much larger.
2.) I just want this tank to be done!

Yeah, that basically sums up my thinking. :D More to come very soon!

Rus'el
Shas

Post#605 » Sep 03 2010 08:58

Ha ha ha! I thought that might be your response and I don't blame you, some projects just never seem to end! And I concede your point on the SMS, as a secondary weapon they would be too large.

Good luck with putting this to bed mate, I look forward to the finished article.

Wolfs16 wrote:Thanks for the input Rus! I envy your skills, so it means a lot to hear that you like my work.

Likewise. Your kit-bashing and conversion skills are some of the best I've seen.
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left!

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#606 » Sep 04 2010 10:27

Rus'el wrote:Your kit-bashing and conversion skills are some of the best I've seen.

Thanks Rus'el! That is one of my favorite parts of this hobby and I'm glad folks like it! :)

Now, my dear Tau'fann, I never thought this day would come, but now I can declare:

[spoiler=]
[/spoiler]

My current list for the ARC-16’s is complete! You can believe that there was much celebrating and Ky'husa to be had back at the Training Dome. So with that said, let’s show the final product!

Are there spots that are a bit sloppy, yes. Are there some areas that could be improved, yes. Do I care right now? NO. I was getting super burned out working on this thing, I felt it best to get it to a good standard and then fix the little things later. Oh and I removed the Sept symbols from the sides because I would like to try some freehand, but not at this time.

--Mobile Gun Platform--
> TX-6.2 “Assassin” Hammerhead <
>Shas’Ui Sa’cea Dak’e – Tank Commander<
>Shas’Ui Sa’cea Aloh – Pilot<
>Shas’Ui Sa’cea Dua’vre – Co-Pilot<

Info:
To operate the war machines of the Tau Empire is a considerable honor. The exploits of the mighty Hammerhead Gunship are renowned to all enemies of the Tau; its powerful railgun able to sweep aside even the heaviest of armor or hardiest of foes. But at times, even the strength of the Hammerhead can be found wanting.

Such was the case during the campaign to sterilize the ice world of Tun’dara. The Y’he on the planet had been driven there by an Eldar fleet, who mysteriously vanished once the beasts made planet fall. The Tau, who only had a few research teams and their defending Shas on the surface were caught off guard and forced to flee underground while their ships in orbit retreated, sending a distress call to any nearby cadre’s. Fortunately for them, two ARC’s were operating in the area and were able to quickly come to their aid.

Requisitioning any nearby vessels, the ARC’s headed straight for Tun’dara. Shas’El Lar’shi of the ARC-16’s prepared to spearhead the assault, executing a powerful Mont’ka right into the heart of the Tyranid invasion. The ARC-15’s led by Shas’El Nem’ro, were to be positioned behind the 16’s, playing the role of the patient hunter for any Y’he that would pursue. It was hoped that this swift attack would limit the spread of the Y’he and contain them.

As the ARC-16’s neared their insertion point, they were shocked at what they now faced. Five Hierophant bio-titans strode across the frozen wasteland, surrounded by millions of smaller creatures. Realizing that a direct, close range attack would prove disastrous against such a massive foe, Lar’shi wisely opted to abort the mission and reconsider a plan of attack.

But that was not the only complication. The surface of the planet was experiencing a massive blizzard which made flight extremely difficult and the Kor were reluctant to send in their pilots as Tyranid air assets could still operate with some efficiency. The local Fio also reported that valuable relics had been located beneath the surface of the Tyranid invasion point and were of great importance to the Empire.

With their options limited, the two commanders coordinated their Hammerhead assets to provide the heavy support needed. But upon examining the data they had gotten on the swarm, they soon found that there were far too many large Tyranid that would require railgun rounds to bring down. If the heavy support focused on the Carnifex’s and Trygons, the Hierophants would do far too much damage and vice versa. With no chance of getting reinforcements soon, the commanders knew that something would have to be done quickly, lest the Tyranid gain too much of foothold.

It was during the planning meeting that a Fio spoke up. Fio'El Fal'shia He'Bentu B'Ga, a lead engineer who had been temporarily working with the newly formed ARC-15’s on upgrading their weapon systems, offered a solution. One of his pet projects had been a modified Hammerhead chassis which he designed to handle larger weaponry. Along with that, B’Ga had been working closely with Fio’El Ro’Va of the ARC-16’s on a new, heavy Railgun system which was capable of delivering special ammunition. Of course, none of this equipment had actually seen combat, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Reluctantly, Lar’shi gave the go ahead for the Fio to make the preparations.

The experimental TX-6.2 was designed to provide a cadre with specialized heavy support when faced with LSA’s (Large Scale Aggressor’s). Gue’la Titans, Be’gel Stompa’s and all sorts of superheavies had become a great threat to the Empire’s expansion. And while air assets were usually available to eliminate these threats, there were some instances where they would not be available (the situation on Tun’dara is a perfect example). The TX-6.2 would then be able to fulfill their role by providing heavy railgun support, but could also easily work alongside the cadre against standard foe.

To add to its versatility, the Railgun itself is designed to use several types of ammunition, similar to the Pulse Submunitions Rifle used by the famous Shas’O R’alai. Toxic Covix rounds to combat biological foes, powerful Submuntion Clusters to cut through infantry, area effect EMP rounds for handling multiple vehicles and of course the standard railgun round. With the tank being able to change its load out depending on the enemy faced, it was given the nickname “Assassin.”

Structurally, the tank was much wider than a normal Hammerhead to compensate for the mass of the weapon. Instead of only having the usual two rear engines, the tank was equipped with an additional two front engines, which would improve the forward acceleration of the vehicle. The back engines were then repositioned to compensate for the wider size. A larger, anti-grav generator was then installed, giving the tank the needed lift.

While the results of these modifications would make the vehicle slower than its standard counterpart, its increased killing power was deemed a fair trade off.

While elements of both ARC’s were sent out to hold back the Tyranid tide, the Fio furiously worked to prepare the tank for battle. It soon became clear though that only a veteran crew could handle such a unique vehicle. This task fell to Tank Commander Shas’Ui Dak’e, pilot Aloh and his co-pilot Dua’vre. These three Sa’cean’s were the last surviving tank crew of the ARC-16’s who fought on Ge’nesha. Their skill was renowned and they were the perfect fit for such a dangerous assignment.

Dak’e and his crew have served together since their first assignment inside a Hammerhead. Over time, their bond has become stronger; each member knowing the habits and idiosyncrasies of the others. They have become so in synch with each other that they have been able to defeat enemies that would have overcome a normal crew. It is not doubt their strength as a team which allowed them to survive the horrors on Ge’nesha during the final push to eliminate the remnants of the Tyranid swarm. The crew had requested to man a Hammerhead that would operate on the front lines, despite having fought against the Tyranid non-stop for an entire week. The situation, though, was desperate and command needed every resource they had.

Using superior coordination, the crew was able to send their vehicle into the heart of the Tryanid assault, destroying several of the monstrous creatures before they could fall upon the Tau lines. The most notable kill can be seen in this snapshot taken at the battle. Here, Dak’e and his men killed a particularly large Trygon just as it emerged near Tau lines.

How they survived the subsequent counter attack is nothing short of amazing. Weaving in and out of the swarm, pilot Aloh maneuvered the large vehicle right in the path of some of the more vicious Tyranid bio-forms. When the beasts would charge them, Aloh would quickly fell back, his other crewmen firing the Hammerheads weapon systems as they retreated. This tactic was copied by other tank crews and succeeded in removing the close combat creatures early on, thus allowing for the Tau long range weapons to destroy the more advanced bio-forms. Following the battle, Dak’e and his crew were highly commended for their bravery and were among the first to agree to the cadre’s new assignment to operate as one of the newly formed Advanced Recon Cadre’s.

Their bond, however, does have its negative aspects. The crew is the most insular and withdrawn of all the ARC-16’s, rarely choosing to associate with anyone except for Lar’shi. This has led to many others in the cadre developing a dislike for their strangely distant ways. Many claim that they have succumbed to their own form of the iur’tae’mont and that their disconnect with reality is only beginning. Whether this is true or not has yet to be determined. But one thing is for sure. Where one would expect such a crew to be jovial and bonded like a family, looking into the eyes of these Tau reveals a cold, emotionless acceptance of their role; almost as if each member knows they are only one mission away from death.

When the preparations were finished, the TX-6.2 “Assassin” pattern Hammerhead was unveiled to the tank crew and the two ARC commanders. While the ARC-15 commander Nem’ro was impressed by the design, Lar’shi was doubtful of its effectiveness. He felt that it was too ungainly to operate with any efficient speed or maneuverability, remarking,

“The love child of a Hammerhead and Piranha has no place on the battlefield.”

Fio’El B’Ga, however, saw it as a step forward in the Empire’s use of the Hammherhead gunship and he was not about to be discouraged by the commanders rude comments. Ignoring Lar’shi, he walked the crew through the new additions and how to use them effectively. With a little practice, Dak’e was confident his men could handle it. With that, the ARC commanders ordered all of their assets to converge on the Tyranid location and prepare to attack.

The cadres had succeeded in containing most of the Tyranid, the severely cold weather contributing to their success. Upon receiving their commanders request, the forward elements began pulling back to meet with their main forces, the Y’he hot on their hooves. The plan was simple: execute a Kau’yon against the bulk of the Tyranid forces, using the now retreating forward elements as a lure. Once the position seemed like it would be overwhelmed, the Tau would fall back to the next defendable position which would already be occupied by the other cadre. This would hopefully continue till the Y’he could be whittled down enough to allow for Mont’ka strikes on their flanks.

Lumbering from the backlines, the Assassin loomed over the other Hammerheads, its crew preparing the railgun with the experimental Covex Toxin round, a chemical weapon designed to disrupt the Tyranid nervous system. The other Tau prepared their weapons and obliterated the first swarms of Y’he to appear from the icy storm. Soon though, the Tau became hard pressed to hold back the tide.

But through the sea of chitin Dak’e spotted a large Hive Tyrant that was controlling most of the Gaunts on the left flank. Spinning the railgun about, the Assassin targeted the beast and fired a round, striking it dead center in the chest. The round passed through, but also released the toxins into the creatures body. Within moments, the monstrosity fell to its knees and collapsed dead. Seizing the initiative, Lar’shi personally lead several squads of battlesuits into the now disorganized left flank and quickly eliminated the large group of disorganized Gaunts.

The Tau plan was working, but would soon be put to the test when the first Hierophant reached their lines. With its massive bio-weapons ripping apart battlesuits and tanks alike, it was clear that it needed to be eliminated as soon as possible. With a steady hand, Dak’e aimed the Railgun at the first monster and fired. The round hit the creature in its chest, shattering through its carapace and coming out the other side. But instead of collapsing like the Tyrant had done before it, the beast continued unabated.

The cadre began falling back, struggling to keep the swarm at bay. Pulse weapons chewed through seas of Gaunts, missiles and plasma destroying swaths of Warriors and Genestealers. The mighty Railguns though, were being taxed to their limits. The appearance of the Hierophants forced the heavy weapons to focus on such a dangerous target, preventing them from providing the support for the cadre that they needed. It was hoped that the Assassin would be key in overcoming this expected disadvantage. But it now appeared that they would have to find a new way to kill these monstrosities.

But as they were falling back, the Hierophant that was hit began to slow down, struggling to keep its balance. The poison was working, albeit slowly. Without hesitation, the Assassin jetted forward, requesting a squadron of Piranha to provide protection for it. Using the same techniques as they had on Ge’nesha, the crew hoped to locate and infect every bio-titan as soon as they would appear. The poison would not kill them outright, but it would effectively remove them as being a threat for now.

However, despite his prolific piloting skills, Aloh found that this new design was not as nimble as their old Hammerhead and soon found themselves being overcome by the swarm. But his co-pilot Dua’vre was not sitting idly by and coordinated with the Piranha to make best use of the squadron’s flechette dischargers to thin the mass of creatures before they could get too close. This tactic helped to keep the tanks in the clear till each of the Hierophants could be hit.

With the largest threat out of the picture both the ARC’s, along with the local defense cadre’s, continued their mobile warfare till the swarm was eliminated piece by piece. Once most of the Y’he were neutralized, the Assassin led the cadre’s Hammerheads and Broadsides toward the poisoned Hierophants. Together they obliterated the beasts one by one, the tank getting to experiment with several other types of ammunition along the way.

With the last bio-form dead, the research teams had been saved and the Assassin’s performance received high marks by the crew and even from the reluctant Shas’El Lar’shi. B’Ga could not have been more pleased and made sure to collect every piece of data the battle had given him. Armed with this new information, he would submit it to the Fio’ar’tol for consideration. Hopefully, his experimental design would see more use by other cadre’s in the near future.

The Fio was of course eager to approach Shas’El Lar’shi to get his opinion of this vehicle that had “no place on the battlefield.” The reluctant Shas’El grumbled that he may have been a bit too quick to write the design off so soon and agreed that it did perform well above expectations. With his pride intact, B’Ga made a deal with Lar’shi. He could keep the Assassin for regular use in his cadre, as long as combat data would regularly be sent to back to him to further his research. Lar’shi could see the value of this new weapon and agreed to his terms.

When it came time to choose the crew that would be assigned to this behemoth, there was little choice to be made. Dak’e and his men have been operating the Assassin ever since, proving themselves to be the scourge of many Y’he invasions; the lumbering form of the tank a welcome sign to any beleaguered cadre that the ARC-16’s have come and no Y’he will stand in their way.

So there you go! The very last background link and model this thread will see (with the exception of a final group shot). Yes, that’s right. Once I post the family photo and say some well deserved thank you's to a few members, I will no longer be updating this thread. But does that mean that the ARC-16’s are done and over with?

Not by a long shot. ;)

Coming soon to a thread near you!
[spoiler=]Image[/spoiler]

C&C, as always, is welcome. (But if it’s about what I should change on the tank itself, then I will listen, and do it another time. :P )

Kern
Kroot

Re: [Wolfs16's Tau Log] The ARC-16's (Updated 9-04-10)

Post#607 » Sep 05 2010 04:32

I wish I could do that... Awesome work and a big thumps up for having the courage to finish it! I bet you'll win every painting competition around now :biggrin:
As life flies past, you better grab it!

Terminatorinhell
Shas

Post#608 » Sep 05 2010 07:49

I loved the story and the finished tank looks great!

Wolfs16
Fio'El
Fio'El

Post#609 » Sep 06 2010 12:06

Kern & Terminatorinhell:
Thanks for the compliments guys! It means a lot to hear such encouraging words and I thank you guys for following this log as its progressed. Glad you liked the story Termie!

Okay, so with my Hammerhead done, it’s time to take a nice group photo!

I am very proud of the fact that I actually completed an army list! I usually have a hard time sticking with things, but this project log has really helped me to keep going. Ya know what, let’s see some more pictures!
And here are a few closer shots:

Lookin’ good!

Closing Thoughts

Well, as I have said, this will be my last update for this project log. I am amazed at how this little cadre of mine has come along and I am extremely grateful for all the help I have been given. I know there are many who post their models, worrying that they will get mocked for not being as talented as some other artists out there. Well all I gotta say is post them up! Be willing to take criticism and work to improve. Oh and if you are in the habit of commenting how you wish you could do painting technique A or modelling technique B, then ask yourself, “Have I actually tried it?” You’d be amazed at what you can do! Again, ask for help and then just practice! I never thought I could paint like I am now. I’m not saying I am the best painter, but I know that I have gotten much better.

Now I would like to take some time to thank a few members for their specific contribution to my project.

Brokensword – If it wasn’t for you, the ARC-16’s would never have been born. You helped me focus my ideas and gave them the name they have today. Thank you so much for your help! If you haven’t already, please look at Brokenswords Tau’shann Sept info here.
Shas’El TaelYour paint scheme was especially inspiring and your continued contributions to the Tau community cannot be understated. Thanks for the inspiration!
Turbo_MMX – It was your Kroot conversions that got me started in the first place. I hope to be able to convert more and more of our avian friends in the near future and I thank you for your inspiration. If anyone is interested in more awesome Kroot conversions, check out Kompletely Kroot.
Warhound – I cannot thank you enough for the contributions you have made to my cadre. Your suits provided my cadre with a unique look that has helped me to explore more creative conversion options. And it was your painting advice which helped me to get each of my models done. I cannot thank you enough. If you guys want to see more awesome modelling, check out Resin Addict.
Mangozac – Your modelling advice has helped me push the envelope of each build and allowed me to produce some things I never thought I could. And it was thanks to your Railgun that I have such a unique looking Hammerhead! As with Warhound, everyone should check out Resin Addict for more cool stuff.
Paulson Games – Thanks to you I was able to get my hands on some great models and bitz as well as providing me some great advice. Everyone needs to look at your website to see some of those awesome ideas you have produced.
Militant.Jester – You have stuck with my log since the beginning and really helping me with my background as it developed. Your advice and opinions on each of my builds was also very helpful and I genuinely appreciate your assistance. Make sure to check out Jester’s own cadre here.
Null – You have given me some great advice and a lot of help with my background. And I have to thank you again for providing me with the Piranha engines on my Hammerhead. It was your head Fio that invented the Assassin in my background and everyone needs to keep an eye out for the background info you will hopefully be able to share with us soon.
Agentarrow – Big thanks to AA for making my awesome banners! You added a nice style to my log and I am truly grateful for your contributions.
Peregrine – As I was building my Hammerhead, I hit a lot of creative walls, but I must thank you for always showing me what I had to fix on that dang tank of mine.
Shas'vre Shavaun – At the moment, you seem lost in the warp, but I have to thank you for all the help you gave me on my models behind the scenes.
Martial – Big thanks to you for motivating me to get back to my fiction writing after some writers block (helping him with his fluff had a good consequence). Look forward to the adventures of the VAC-5!

There are so many more that have helped me and I apologize if I didn’t mention you. But the Membership here on ATT is fantastic and has helped me immensely. Thank you all for your time and advice!

So that’s it! I will be leaving this thread open for anyone who wants to comment or ask any questions about the things contained inside. Make sure to look for my newest Project Log! The ARC-16’s are far from complete. ;) Click on the picture below for a link to my new Project Log!

Militant.Jester
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: [Wolfs16's Tau Log] The ARC-16's (COMPLETE)

Post#610 » Sep 06 2010 01:10

OK, I was advocating design changes to the hammerhead - but I take it back now! I don't know what changed, but the final version looks great. Particularly in these two pictures:
The only thing I can say is that if you make another 'Assassin,' maybe have the railgun mounted a bit closer to the hull. It's doesn't look particularly stable as-is.
The background for the Assassin was great; I can't offer you any advice. Quick; right a bad piece so I feel useful again! :D

The group shot was great to see and very inspiring. And I really appreciate the shout-out; along with everyone else mentioned, I'm sure.
Looking forward to your new thread that you already posted - not wasting any time, are you? :P
Ni neart go cur le cheile::Cadre Log Activating...

Martial
Gue

Post#611 » Sep 07 2010 07:44

Finally...this log came to an end! It has been an epic chronicle!

It's been a very long time since you opened this thread, and during all this time, you demonstrated to all of us how much improvements you've done in all the domain of the hobby. Even if it wasn't your intention at the beginning, the ARC-16 has become a great source of inspiration to many of us! And once more, the serious and the quality prevailed to create a new jewel on the ATT crown.

I'm not certain if this kind of request is possible but...

I think (and I'm pretty convinced that I'm not the only one) that this whole Project Log deserves a sticky! ;)

Could the Shas'ar'tol do something in this way? :D

Null
Fio

Post#612 » Sep 07 2010 05:16

*Tear*

Congratulations on completing this chapter of the ARC-16's story! Looking forward to the next!

- null

Return to “Project Logs”