[WIP] Sa'cea Hunter Cadre, Koriolis Contingent [Pic Heavy]

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Kobal
Shas

Re: [WIP] Sa'cea Hunter Cadre, Koriolis Contingent [Pic Heavy]

Post#73 » Jan 07 2014 11:36

Very quick post relating to the Warhammer World trip a couple of months ago:

Here are a few snaps from the battle, and a link to the full album is -> HERE <-.

ImageImage
ImageImage

The battle was in the balance for most of the game. The Tau and Black Templar broke through on the left flank, the Necron allies folded on the right under a lightning surgical strike by Eldar forces, but the Tau/BT force wasn't fast enough to claim objectives to keep up with the enemies scoring, so we lost by quite a bit.

Highlights: Crisis Commander rolled the "does not scatter when deep striking" trait, and landed at the back line in a daring move to break the enemy lines. He survived to the end of the game.

Lowlights: Longstrike had his ion cannon destroyed on the first turn, so spend the game being a 200pt road block. Most annoying. Commander (despite the highlight above) failed to kill a single model on his arriving turn. He did however make many saves to survive to kill the round after. This delay did turn the game from a close one to a loss on objectives.

Kobal
Shas

Post#74 » Jan 16 2014 06:50

Boy I'm a slow painter. I have been working on an infinity model, a modified crisis suit and a remora this last week, and I have finished none of them. That said, I have pretty much assembled the prototype crisis suit, modified roughly in line with Foresight's conversion, although done with much less precision and featuring some XV89 parts. The next two shall be better, I hope. This will be the new Shas'Os Iridium suit once the base and weapons are complete. The old XV81 will be relegated (and partially repainted) to be a bodyguard or a buff commander.

Here are a couple of shots with the first XV8 I ever painted.

ImageImage

I have weapons to paint next, and then it's on to the next model!

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#75 » Jan 16 2014 07:09

Kobal that crisis suit looks really good. Especially next to a standard XV8, you can really see the difference. I think I am going to have to make a couple of those.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#76 » Jan 16 2014 07:57

Please do, I'd be honored! My fireblade was a bit slapdash, and your conversions and kitbashs are a step beyond anything I've attempted, so I look forward to seeing yours. I am a fan of your two tone grey colour scheme, too, I think it will suit a martial figure like the fireblade.

I'm flattered! I think that's all the motivation I need to get the Green Stuff out and get him finished. :P

Gotta say, the table you guys play on looks awesome. I've gotten used to Imperial Ruins strewn over a grey battlefield, that it's nice to see a great, themed board. Your models really look at home on it, too!

Kobal
Shas

Post#77 » Jan 16 2014 08:31

CoffeeGrunt wrote:
Gotta say, the table you guys play on looks awesome. I've gotten used to Imperial Ruins strewn over a grey battlefield, that it's nice to see a great, themed board. Your models really look at home on it, too!

Unfortunately, that board was not ours, it's one of the themed boards at Warhammer World in Nottingham. It was a very nice board though. It definitely made a lovely change from all the imperial gothic-industrial stuff!

I have been pondering making a few Tau buildings lately. Maybe I'll go and raid the workshop offcuts bins at work next week! I'm glad you liked the pics though, despite my weak camera-fu. I think I need to do some learnin' on that front.

Kobal
Shas

Post#78 » Jan 16 2014 08:34

Shas'o Dre wrote:Kobal that crisis suit looks really good. Especially next to a standard XV8, you can really see the difference. I think I am going to have to make a couple of those.

Thankyou :) The difference is subtle until you see him next to the old one I found. He's a bit of a prototype, I rushed a lot of the cutting and greenstuffing so he's a bit scrappy, but if you see the link in the post above yours there is a good tutorial that I (broadly) followed. I really need to learn to be more patient, I always want to see the results of my work now lol.

I will try to remember to show each step when i make the next one.

Kobal
Shas

Post#79 » Jan 23 2014 08:38

The slow but inexorable pace of my painting continues! Today;

ImageImage
Painted the heavy burst cannon and the drones for Shas'vre Eio'nen.

IThis shot shows the only magnets on the model at the moment. The main weapons still push fit. I will add magnetic mounts for wargear and secondary weapons another time. We don't play WYSIWYG except by accident! added a small 5x2.5x2.5mm rectangular magnet in the arm, and in the recess atop the two weapons. They snap to the right place and the right alignment, and they are strong enough to resist being knocked by a careless arm.

I finished the currently-enroute Shas'O's new iridium suit by magnetising his arms, and finishing his base. The old suit will be a bodyguard suit for now, though two further converted suits are due off the production line in the coming weeks to replace him. The more I look at that XV81 suit the more I dislike it.

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#80 » Jan 23 2014 10:44

Your work continues to amaze! That riptide is epic!

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#81 » Jan 23 2014 12:14

Setting a high standard with that Riptide there, makes me wanna get mine (finally) painted!

I'm sure he'll avenge the crew of that Devilfish, too!

Return to “Project Logs”