Patchoro's eternal WIP

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Re: Patchoro's eternal WIP

Post#161 » Jan 15 2015 10:41

Hey bud. Closest thing I could find was this:

The arcing happens during the particle breakdown process and undesireable arcing (most destructive is the arc flash) can have devastating effects on the weapon. We know this as overheating in the warhammer world. Here's a better explanation to help you understand the full on awesomeness of plasma weaponry and arcing effects:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_arc
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

Siyath
Shas

Post#162 » Jan 16 2015 03:35

Blueshock: Where did you find that picture? I'd be curious to know about the process behind that arcing work. Been looking for something similar to finish up my plasma team with for a while now.

[edit: Nevermind, somehow my brain omitted the power of reverse image searches while typing that. Found the source. But thanks anyway for bringing it to my attention, much appreciated.]

[edit II: I wonder if there is a way to achieve a "cotton candyish" effect with only glue (vinilic or otherwise) and tinted and highly diluted paint, to create very thin strands which could be then applied on a model.]

Patchoro
Shas

Post#163 » Jan 17 2015 11:14

Ooh that arcing effect looks nice! Not so sure if it would look as cool on the table though..
I liked the Wiki link.Let´s make 40K scientifically sound heh? :D

The sergeant is done.
I painted the plasma glow effect on him by hand because I did not dare to go over the top on this model and ruin his face.
As Persifal recommended I tried to add some extra highlights on the head, but I almost messed up the face during the process.
I am pretty happy with how it all turned out. So no more tinkering on the model. Done is done!!

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#164 » Jan 17 2015 12:40

Excellent work. What's next after these?

Patchoro
Shas

Post#165 » Jan 18 2015 10:38

El'mo wrote:Excellent work. What's next after these?

Good question Elmo.
Usually i have a short phase of the blues after completing a ¨project¨.
over the years I have, as most 40K fans, bought more stuff than I can actually get painted.
I want to finish the Dark Vengeance box, just for the principle of it.
I did paint the chosen ones but I am unhappy how they turned out. The metallic paints mess up the clarity of the models.
I was bummed out with the result because these models are amazing. So I ordered some new ones on E-Bay for a retry...

After that, who knows, maybe I try my hand at the Tau broadside that I got last year, so it can join a future battle.

The DA Squad is done!

Patchoro
Shas

Post#166 » Jan 31 2015 07:09

Still very much in WIP. Posting stuff forces me to complete stuff, so here goes!

I modified the weapon arm, so it can switch to the heavy rail gun.
Painting a little monitor on his left arm was fun.
My idea was that this provides some external weapons interface, that internal HUD must be crowded, right? ;)

To be done:
finishing up some unpainted bits
touching up details
maybe some more markings (still in doubt)
adding some controlled battle damage (to stay within the spirit of my army)
particle accelerator (I am considering airbrushing a glow effect)
support systems

Deet
Shas'La

Post#167 » Jan 31 2015 12:01

Looking great, Patch. Fantastic sharp highlights. I like the color scheme a lot. Been thinking about dialing back my own orange with some more grey- the Orange is starting to overwhelm even me.

Patchoro
Shas

Post#168 » Feb 02 2015 06:42

Deet wrote:Looking great, Patch. Fantastic sharp highlights. I like the color scheme a lot. Been thinking about dialing back my own orange with some more grey- the Orange is starting to overwhelm even me.

Thnx Deet! I feel your pain. Choices from the past haunting you today... :)

The broadside is slowly nearing completion... Just did some airbrushing for the plasma glow.
Here a picture with the rail gun attached.

Patchoro
Shas

Post#169 » Feb 03 2015 04:59

Finally another model out of WIP. Mission complete. Done! (that is I decided to stop fidgeting with it and accept all the little defects I spot...) :)
Uploading by way of photobucket limits the maximum size of below picture.
If you want to check out the bigger version, you can check out the link to coolminiornot. http://www.coolminiornot.com/373523

Deet
Shas'La

Post#170 » Feb 03 2015 07:28

It's gorgeous, man. Top notch work!

Return to “Project Logs”