Patchoro's eternal WIP

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Patchoro
Shas

Re: Patchoro's eternal WIP

Post#191 » Mar 16 2015 02:38

Deet wrote:Looks good! I'd also recommend the Modelmates rust liquid. Paints on dark rust red straight out of the bottle, or if you add a little water it gets nice and bright orange in an incredibly natural way. Works great.

Thanks for the tip, Deet. I am looking forward to try that.

Meanwhile I am still going at the map. It was to reflective, so photographing it was challenging.
Since I want to photograph future battles I had to fix that.
A matt varnish spray did not cure it enough, so I went at it with heavily watered down pigments.
With only a little bit of pigment I was able to cover the entire map and fix the reflection.
After spraying it once more with matte varnish it looks way better!
This picture was taken with a flash and perspective corrected, hence the lighter bottom tiles.
As you can see: almost no reflection any more, even with a flash! Happy with that! :)

The tiles are such that I can move them around and create a few different looks.
Next post I will update on some of the buildings I am currently building/painting.

Patchoro
Shas

Post#192 » Dec 27 2016 03:04

hi guys,

after a long silence, just a short post to show the hobby is still alive.
Yeah I finished quite a few buildings after my last post, but never came around to making some decent photographs.
Since this is my eternal WIP topic, let me post my youngest WIP: the Librarian from the Dark Vengeance box.
To do: finishing the base, get the guy a backpack, touching up some highlights.

I will try to follow up soon with some little ongoing 40K projects.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#193 » Dec 28 2016 03:56

That is a beautifully painted mini. I'd love to see more of him, and of what became of your project.

Return to “Project Logs”