[WIP]Tau Drone Army - New expansion incoming!

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Kiblams
Shas

Re: [WIP]Tau Drone Army - Painting Update

Post#101 » Apr 03 2013 02:56

Hey guys, the time is nearing for me to start working on some more conversions! I am actually gutted that I am going to have to work on new Broadside drones for the taller and bulkier size, though I am looking forward to getting my hands on any of the new drones from the Riptide, Broadside, flyers and Pathfinder kits.

Any guiding thoughts or inspirations are very welcome in this expansion.

Will put updates on here hopefully along with videos on my new Youtube channel! (same as the videos above) :) Thanks again for all the kind words though this project, and hopefully continued in this, the golden age of Tau drones! ;)

boomwolf
Shas'La

Re: [WIP]Tau Drone Army - New expansion incoming!

Post#102 » Apr 03 2013 03:03

The real question is-how will you do a riptide drone?!

Kiblams
Shas

Post#103 » Apr 03 2013 03:05

boomwolf wrote:The real question is-how will you do a riptide drone?!

This is a question I am sure I will be losing sleep over... replace the tiny head with a drone? :crafty: (j/k)

tehlegend
Shas'Ui

Post#104 » Apr 03 2013 03:06

I'm predicting gratuitous use of dinner plates... :D

Can't wait to see what new additions are coming.

Kiblams
Shas

Post#105 » Apr 04 2013 03:06

tehlegend wrote:I'm predicting gratuitous use of dinner plates... :D

Can't wait to see what new additions are coming.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that! I have a strong feeling I will be buying Riptide if only to get the weapons for wysiwyg, though really not sure how a drone would use that sheild without arms. A drone with arms is something that I have been trying to avoid.

Need to put my thinking cap on and await more information on whether I will be running one in my Cadre, and see if there si a way to get the new pathfinder drones without buying the full kit too... :?

Didi et Gogo
Kor'Vre

Post#106 » Apr 05 2013 12:51

Hmmm, Kiblams. My thinking is that you could try the usual configuration of shield drones by putting the shield on the bottom. Then, you could imitate the design of the shielded missile drones that come with the Riptide and sandwich the weapons between the drone's top and it's bottom shield.

How to fit in the shield's fins is beyond me—perhaps you could just try to make them symmetrical, and have them sticking out the back of the drone?

Mek'an'ik
Fio

Post#107 » Apr 06 2013 10:02

The Shield of the Riptide could be set vertically with the fins pointing backwards, and the gun mounted to the side, sandwiched between an echo of the shield on the other side of the gun.

Another possibility, instead of trying to configure a single drone to have the attributes of the Riptide, maybe consider a swarm of specific drones? Say Targeting, Weapon and Shield?

Mek
Check out my sculpting blog:

Far Future East

Kiblams
Shas

Post#108 » Apr 06 2013 02:18

The ideas coming in this thread are really sparking my imagination for the Riptide! Thanks ever so much guys! I think i will have to buy the kit regardless so I have access to the weapons and wargear, so will have to hold out on any solid design until I get my hands on it.

Thanks again!

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#109 » Oct 16 2016 12:45

Been looking at pictures of this for a year on Google and just realized it's all from ATT

Return to “Project Logs”