[WIP]Tau Drone Army - New expansion incoming!

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Kiblams
Shas

Re: [WIP] Kiblam's Tau Drone Army

Post#71 » Oct 24 2012 03:33

Back again with another full army picture to update you with what I have so far:

That is 1800pts and enough for me to field pretty much any of my desired 1500pt lists (what my gaming group play) so I am very happy with how it has gone, maybe now I can relax and actually get round to painting them properly :smile:

I promise to do some more detailed close ups as I paint them to a level I am happy with ;)

I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread, you have inspired, validated and best of all kept me motivated to get the Drone army to this point. I can now concentrate on making it look as impressive as it should and maybe design some more 'inventive' models which are less formal and more fun.

Chris
Shas'La

Post#72 » Oct 24 2012 03:43

That army looks great! Really great! I like it really.

And that are really many drones! The Broadside Drones are my favorites

Arc'Aroth
Gue

Post#73 » Oct 24 2012 10:26

I love the army btw, almost makes me want to make a drone army XD

Anyways, I had an idea. For a devilfish drone carrier, you might want to cut off the bottom rear quarter of the hull, then put in a number of drone racks, like off an Orca, in the place of what used to be the transport compartment. Basically a devilfish for drones and not firewarriors.

Das'Kyman
Shas'Vre

Post#74 » Oct 25 2012 06:34

Arc'Aroth wrote:For a devilfish drone carrier, you might want to cut off the bottom rear quarter of the hull, then put in a number of drone racks, like off an Orca, in the place of what used to be the transport compartment. Basically a devilfish for drones and not firewarriors.

I like this idea better than some others I've seen. It wouldn't be a huge money sink, and would be similar in principle to the tigershark. Granted, it would be a pretty extensive conversion

Nevar
Shas'Vre

Post#75 » Oct 25 2012 08:55

I am pretty sure there is a 'Drone Harbinger' in Dawn of War that spams gun drones... could look into that for conversion ideas.

Kiblams
Shas

Post#76 » Oct 25 2012 11:42

Nevar wrote:I am pretty sure there is a 'Drone Harbinger' in Dawn of War that spams gun drones... could look into that for conversion ideas.

I like the sound of that! though after a quick google I can only find pictures of the front of it which looks pretty much the same as a devilfish :sad: Anyone got any screenshots?

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I think I may have another Devilfish soon (thanks Orgun) and so may have a model for the project I can strip and disasemble :D

Arc'Aroth
Gue

Post#77 » Oct 25 2012 12:30

Kiblams wrote:
Nevar wrote:I am pretty sure there is a 'Drone Harbinger' in Dawn of War that spams gun drones... could look into that for conversion ideas.

I like the sound of that! though after a quick google I can only find pictures of the front of it which looks pretty much the same as a devilfish :sad: Anyone got any screenshots?

Thanks for all the ideas guys, I think I may have another Devilfish soon (thanks Orgun) and so may have a model for the project I can strip and disasemble :D

Near as I can tell the drone harbinger was the same as a devilfish in terms of looks. It might of had double burst cannons like a hammerhead instead of the single of a devilfish, but I'm not positive there.

Chris
Shas'La

Post#78 » Oct 25 2012 01:07

Arc'Aroth wrote:
Kiblams wrote:

Near as I can tell the drone harbinger was the same as a devilfish in terms of looks. It might of had double burst cannons like a hammerhead instead of the single of a devilfish, but I'm not positive there.

Here's a link. He had 2 Gundrones.

http://wiki.reliccommunity.com/index.ph ... _Harbinger

it was a lot of fun to play him. Would lilke to see something like that in game. I think Tyranids have something like that. A Broodmother or something like that. It can spam every tun 3D6 Termagants.

Chris

Kiblams
Shas

Post#79 » Nov 06 2012 03:32

Hey Guys,

Turns out that I own the Tau Dawn of War game so have been studying the Drone Harbinger and think that I could work with it, maybe put my own twist on it.

I have finally got round to painting some of the drones to a higher level, I have put the freehand sept markings on the Fire Drones:

Here is the Commander with basic highlights but not yet tackled the sept markings:

I have most of the drones that I will need at this point so hope to have the rest of the army painted up to a nice level soon.

Thanks for looking guys. :biggrin:

Lyi'ot
Por'O

Post#80 » Nov 06 2012 04:39

That is a truly impressive Tau army. It's rare to see themed armies like this really work, but you've knocked this one out of the park. Nicely, nicely done!

Return to “Project Logs”