Li’nows Balt’ca Tau cadre

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Li'now
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Li’nows Balt’ca Tau cadre

Post#37 » Sep 28 2015 12:27

@Myrdin: Thanks very much for your kind comments :)

The pictures are actually very simple in their execution. I just use sunlight on a uniform parchment-coloured background and a standard digital camera with macro enabled and exposure set to 1.400 or 1.800.

That being said, the photo of the next addition to my cadre did turn out a bit too dark for some reason:

No. 2 XV-89 Crisis battlesuit

Plenty of ATT-inspiration in this model: the suit body incorporates optics from a space marine Land Raider lascannon housing - borrowed from Tael’s urban cadre Shas’El Elan Jhin; and has been fully magnetised using El’mos easily-read instructions for XV-84 and XV-89 battlesuits.

Li'now
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: Li’nows Balt’ca Tau cadre

Post#38 » Mar 29 2016 12:59

Back again after something of a hiatus; I have been painting up a small number of additions to the cadre over the last few months. However, the lack of decent sunlight in this part of the northern hemisphere has precluded any photography. Happily, the spring sun is now bright enough to change that:

Tank Commander:

The tank commander model from Forgeworld on a magnetised base.

1st Fire Warrior Team – additions:

Two extra Fire Warriors for 1st Fire Warrior Team, taking the unit up to its full complement of 12 shas.

No. 3 XV-88-2 Broadside suit

The twin-linked smart missile system launchers on the Broadside are “Small Mech underslung missile launchers”, which were formerly produced by Paulson Games. They fit in nicely, both size-wise and with respect to the slender aesthetic of the XV-88-2 Broadsides.

Tau’va!

Return to “Project Logs”