It has been quite some time since I've posted here. To be honest, I have been making headway, but I switched phones late last year and the new one's camera is quite bad. Even so, I need to throw up some new pics to show some progress, so please forgive the blurry pictures! I've been working pretty regularly the last week for 30 min or so every night to get some stuff assembled for an upcoming tournament this weekend.
Here are some pictures of my Tetra counts-as. I bought the piranha chassis a while back with the intention of converting them into tetras, but didn't get around to it until now. They didn't turn out all that great since the spines don't match in width, but oh well. They are a relatively minor part of the army so hopefully people won't look too close at them.
The jets are bits from the razorshark drones, the markerlight is from the Skyray turret and sits on a shield generator. Otherwise, it is pretty straightforward. And yes, I am well aware they are supposed to be 'open-topped' but I decided that it would be a much bigger project to turn them into open cockpits. Instead, I'll just have to remember and treat them like super light vehicles with even less armour than normal.
My current big project: Stormsurge.
Some of Kael'yn's Stormsurge Arms
. This is WSF plastic of the finished models. I would definitely recommend keeping to the higher quality printing options. I don't mind the extra smoothing work, but you do lose out on some of the finer details that can't be fixed with extra work, which is a shame.
running the wires through the entirety of both legs took quite some time, but I think it will be worth it in the end.
Covered the crew compartment with plascard. Will likely cover this with gribblies and whatnot to fill the space.
Instead of scratchbuilding the missile mounts to look like an XV88-2 I went with some bits I already had on hand. This has the added bonus of it continuing to look like it is drawing design cues from the Skyray/Hammerhead. I've also embedded the Destroyer missiles in the torso where the engine intakes used to be. Imitating the Striker Eureka
a little bit.
Quick shot of it all together. The turret will be magnetized, of course.
Next up is the primary weapon, which I will be magnetizing and adjusting to mount on the 3D printed arm. I have grand plans for the shield generator, but that will not be done in time for the tournament. Instead I'm just getting the core model assembled before I move on to the Riptide which will be converted based on Agentarrow's contest winner.
Stay tuned later in the week for more progress. I'll be posting up how my list does at the tourney as well. I decided that I want to win, so I am running the cheesiest list I can cobble together:
Fusionblades Commander w/ marker drone squadron
2 Heatwave-D monats
Riptide Wing (min size)
Thanks for reading! Again, apologies for the blurry photos.