[WIP] El'mos return to the Greater Good - new projects

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: [WIP] El'mos return to the Greater Good - Air-Caste

Post#271 » Aug 28 2016 04:58

The priming is done. I have used Mask-fx for the splinter pattern but have not removed it yet as it makes highlighting the green easier.

Busy, busy, busy... Loads to do :)

Tiger Shark AX-1-0 with a Barracuda wing of 2 AX-5-2 and an AX-5-0/1 (?)

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#272 » Aug 28 2016 09:52

Very nice! I'm also not sure on the AX designation of the original Barracuda. It'd be interesting to find out.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#273 » Aug 31 2016 07:54

Great update, can only dream of such models in my collection - then the years it would take for me to acutally paint them! haha.

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#274 » Sep 01 2016 08:06

Tael wrote:Great update, can only dream of such models in my collection - then the years it would take for me to actually paint them! haha.

I'm with Tael in his sentiment; too many models, so little time. And here El'mo is just smashing through giant flocks of flyers. Geesh.

Jood Gob BTW!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#275 » Sep 01 2016 08:14

I'm still waiting for magnets to get here so I can finish my 'Cuda. I'll probably do something temporary to get it painted and working.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#276 » Sep 02 2016 12:13

I have not started the 'Cuda detailing yet but am concentrating on the Tiger shark at the moment.

Photos of the current state later :)

Thanks guys - I had to start clearing out my painting backlog so after the company of SM it was time for Tau. ;)

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#277 » Sep 02 2016 01:34

The splinter camouflage is done along with the low-vis grey belly. Just leaves the detailed work and the weapons to do.
The cockpit has been removed to make the interior detailing easier.

I am planning on hopefully being completed by next weekend or mid week after then I will be starting on the Barracudas.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#278 » Sep 02 2016 05:26

Nice work. I do like the split camouflage and with my colour scheme being so light I pretty much had to with a very dark grey underbelly for night fighting. It's all a bit world war 2 but it suits Tau flyers so well!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#279 » Sep 02 2016 07:52

That was fast, consider me impressed.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#280 » Sep 03 2016 07:01

Ah yah - speed indeed. Also, your technique noticeably crisper these days, definitely establishing your style :)

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#281 » Sep 09 2016 02:08

Thanks guys :)

End of week 2 on the Tiger Shark AX-1-0
All the bits are attached and it has had an anti-shine matt varnish.
Still to do are the lenses, a bit more cockpit detailing and the weathering :)

Image Image

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#282 » Sep 09 2016 04:30

So far the cockpit looks amazing. Top notch work in there.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#283 » Sep 16 2016 02:40

Thanks AA.

I had to order in a new photo-booth due to the model and I am still playing with the setup so apologies for the lower than usual photo standard...

The Tiger Shark AX-1-0 is now complete and has joined the rest of the cadre. The 2 Barracudas are WIP with the Camouflage done but still about another 2 weeks work still to do on them.

In other news, 2 sets of Kill Team have turned up so I really need to get started on some Fire Warriors soon :(

ImageImage

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#284 » Sep 16 2016 08:59

The weathering on the underside is top notch. Is it just me, or is the white slightly mottled? It looks to be slightly brighter and darker in places, a little like clouds with slight shadows.

Do you use an airbrush for your base coats? It looks really smooth to be hand brushed on such a large surface.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#285 » Sep 17 2016 12:59

The underside is done in Fortress Grey equivalent with white sponged on in a random pattern - this does not show very well in the photos so well spotted :)

I use various spray cans for the larger surfaces with the Mask FX system for the splinter camouflage

Car Primer light grey
Army Painter Angel Green and Goblin Green
Tamiya NATO Brown

The remainder is brush work with Army Painter Matt Varnish to seal and dull it after the decals but before the weathering.

I have used a mixture of GW and Vallejo paints... I prefair Vallejo as it is cheaper, comes in a larger volume eye dropper bottle for control and has good coverage and I am slowly phasing out the GW paint.

The weathering was done using Burnt Umber oil paint.

El'mo
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#286 » Nov 11 2016 01:04

I have been quietly working on 2 new Barracudas over the last couple of months and now I can happily report that they are about a week from completion with only the weapons, weathering and bases to do.

On a side note... I am just waiting for a small light box to turn up then I plan to take new photos of my collection to update my thread :)

Next up will be trying to complete my magnetised Tidewall before Christmas ;)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#287 » Nov 11 2016 06:19

Looking good, the underside has some great details - I really like the thrust vector drone and the rolling out of seeker missiles - very very cool touches that make me really admire the designers thinking.

Looking forward to updates as usual - great work on the large white surfaces :D

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#288 » Nov 11 2016 06:25

Very nice indeed you are getting quite the air cavalry going on there. I was going to add to mine this winter but have decided to get Blood bowl instead.... Next year maybe! It's very cool to see how the seeker bay sits nowadays. Also do you put that engine glow in all your models vent ports? Those last few pictures show up so much more detail than I've noticed you putting into your models before! I think I'm going have to go back over your blog and stare for a bit, I look forward to more updates. :D

Return to “Project Logs”